Round 6 - Storm vs Knights

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I feel it will be one step forward and one step back.

Sure it’s not crofts fault for the performances and he didn’t get dropped because of that. It’s clear as day we aren’t getting results we want, it’s not unusual to be experimenting with combinations at this stage of the season. Clearly the hype around Croft and his expected role has intensified this.

If NAS misses the last 25 minutes of the game, b Smith gets dropped and Hoffman plays the full 80 I really can’t see how it’s a plan for the future when the new breed are on a short leash.

Happy that the coaching staff made a bold call just hope they capitalise on it.

And as I’ve always said win or lose I don’t care - but if you don’t put in effort and your attitude is poor then that is unacceptable
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

We don't seem to have a plan we just seem like we a floating in a bad dream expecting to wake up from the nightmare at any second.

But we don't have an alarm clock.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I would of liked to have seen Bellamy give Croft at least one more week. Hopefully this doesn’t harm him going forward.
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon

blazza18 wrote:Need some Brandon Smith playing real minutes too. Blast some energy through the team.
I keep reading and hearing this but if he comes on for any substantial length of time then his "blast of energy" tapers. Impact wise he is brilliant, it will be interesting around origin time (assuming C Smith is selected :D ) to see how long B Smith's energy blast lasts.
Position - Left right out or hung out to dry
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nacho wrote:I feel it will be one step forward and one step back.

Sure it’s not crofts fault for the performances and he didn’t get dropped because of that. It’s clear as day we aren’t getting results we want, it’s not unusual to be experimenting with combinations at this stage of the season. Clearly the hype around Croft and his expected role has intensified this.

If NAS misses the last 25 minutes of the game, b Smith gets dropped and Hoffman plays the full 80 I really can’t see how it’s a plan for the future when the new breed are on a short leash.

Happy that the coaching staff made a bold call just hope they capitalise on it.

And as I’ve always said win or lose I don’t care - but if you don’t put in effort and your attitude is poor then that is unacceptable
This is an excellent post.

Seems to me like there's no accountability to the poor start for anyone other than the young halfback.
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon

How would it look and feel if Munster went to centre, Young T to outer space and retained Croft and Jacks in the halves? I'm not convinced about Munster being in the middle of the park. He shines brightly when surrounded by gold but unfortunately for him he has a bit of a brown glow at the moment...
Position - Left right out or hung out to dry
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Bullucked I have been saying this to my family for two weeks. I also do not believe Munster is a 6
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Jacks simply had to come in and Croft simply had to go.

Else Bellyache would have had kittens
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

That is a stupid comment. You must think Jacks is a miracle man. He is a solid player, but he is not some class act otherwise he would not be in the feeder team every week, Craig would find a spot for him in the team like he has done with many great players before.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Jacks has proven himself a solid fill in 5/8 who can defend... but what have you seen that makes you think he will create attacking opportunities?

Rhetorical question, please don’t answer that.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yea that is the big issue with Jacks. He’s brought next to zero in that capacity in the games he’s played.

And Munster is definitely a fullback still trying to learn the 5/8th role. Having him do that next to an inexperienced half wasn’t an ideal situation.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

That is how much Bellyache is down on Croft. He doesn't care about any of those issues. He just wants Croft OUT
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cameron wrote:That is how much Bellyache is down on Croft. He doesn't care about any of those issues. He just wants Croft OUT
Careful, you go too far and the whole undercover-troll jig is up.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Croft is still in the 21 so could be a chance of a bench spot or may run-on and Jacks back to the bench.
Newcastle's left attack will really give our right edge trouble on Friday. Ponga and Fitzgibbon on that side are combining really well.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Knights Line-Up

1 Kalyn Ponga
2 Shaun Kenny-Dowall
3 Sione Mata’utia
4 Nathan Ross
5 Ken Sio
6 Brock Lamb
7 Mitchell Pearce (c)
8 Daniel Saifit
9 Slade Griffin
10 Jacob Lillyman
11 Lachlan Fitzgibbon
12 Aidan Guerra
13 Herman Ese’ese

14 Danny Levi
15 Chris Heighington
16 Jamie Buhrer (c)
17 Jacob Saifiti

18 Luke Yates
19 Josh King
20 Jack Cogger
21 Cory Denniss

Mitch Barnett (suspension) is out. Herman Ese’ese switches to lock, with Daniel Saifiti to start at prop and brother Jacob coming onto the bench.