Queensland Cup 2018

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Am i the only one who doesn’t want Blair back in first grade? I just think we’ve got better options then Cheyse
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just clarifying, do you consider Young a better centre option than Cheyse? Bellamy said Young is likely to be moved there.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Yes. I would prefer Young at centre over Cheyse. Also Olam is a better option
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Fair enough. Agree to disagree on that one. Cheyse's defence in first grade - for the most part - has been very good. I can't say the same for Young.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Deadpool wrote:Yes. I would prefer Young at centre over Cheyse. Also Olam is a better option
Bizarre.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I think Cheyse’s defence is overrated (Leilua made him look like a park footballer). Plus the fact that he’s slow, doesn’t offer much in attack. Young’s defence has been his biggest problem in the past but you can’t fault him for it this year, he’s been much improved and he offers way more offensively then Cheyse.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm not a Young fan but I kinda agree.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... ouncement/

Rd.9 Feeder Team Announcement
melbournestorm.com.au
Wed 2 May 2018

Melbourne Storm have nine players set to feature in Intrust Super Cup action this Sunday.

The Falcons will host the CQ Capras at Sunshine Coast Stadium while Easts Tigers travel to Davies Park to face Souths Logan Magpies where Scott Drinkwater will be making his return from injury.

The Victorian Thunderbolts have a BYE this week.

Sunshine Coast Falcons v CQ Capras
12pm, Sunday, May 6
Sunshine Coast Stadium

1. Jahrome Hughes
2. Matt Soper-Lawler
3. William Toloi
4. Justin Olam
5. Jake Ainsworth
6. Cooper Johns
7. Rhys Jacks
9. Harry Grant
10. Liam McDonald
11. Dane Hogan
12. Christopher Lewis
13. Louis Geraghty

14. Jacob Hind
15. Lachlan Timm
16. Harrison Muller
17. Caleb Daunt

19. Connor Donehue
20. Mackenzie Reid
21. Lachlan Roe
22. Nick Timm

Coach: Craig Ingebrigtsen

Souths Logan Magpies v Easts Tigers
3pm, Sunday, May 6
Davies Park

1. Scott Drinkwater
2. Linc Port
3. Conor Carey
4. Cheyse Blair
5. Jarrod McInally
6. Billy Walters
8. Matthew Groat
9. Chris Ostwald
10. Brett Greinke
11. Jake Foster (c)
13. Adam Crear

14. James Salter
15. Ash Little
16. Harley Aiono
17. Brayden Torpy

18. Anton Iaria

Coach: Scott Sipple
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Still no Papenhuyzen?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Nope, I noticed that as well... Maybe just being extra careful with concussion? Or he actually had some issues with contact work this week...
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So Papenhuyzen did end up playing...
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... o-big-win/

Hughes clinic guides Falcons to big win
melbournestorm.com.au
Tue 8 May 2018

Sunshine Coast recorded their biggest win of the season off the back of a brilliant performance from Storm playmaker Jahrome Hughes.

The 23-year-old scored two tries and set up several others in an emphatic 38-nil victory over the CQ Capras.

After an injury-interrupted start to the year Hughes has been working his way back to full fitness and on Sunday it all came together.

"He is getting back to his best and back to where we all know he can play footy," Craig Ingebrigtsen said.

"His vision was so good, he is a play and a half ahead of everyone else. His combination with Cooper Johns was really good, Cooper controlled the game and he let Jahrome run around and play with the footy which was really exciting for the team.

"I am excited for the rest of the year for him, whether it is with us or in the NRL. A fit Jahrome Hughes is great for the Melbourne Storm."

SUNSHINE COAST FALCONS 38 (Jahrome Hughes 2, Jake Ainsworth 2, Matt Soper-Lawler, Jacob Hind, Harry Grant tries; Ryan Papenhuyzen 5 goals) def CQ CAPRAS 0 at Sunshine Coast Stadium.
Last edited by yourhero on Wed May 09, 2018 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... for-easts/

Storm youngsters strong for Easts
melbournestorm.com.au
Tue 8 May 2018

A slow start again proved costly for Easts Tigers who slumped to a 22-30 loss at the hands of Souths Logan Magpies.

Easts scored three tries to one in the second half but it was not enough to overturn the 18-point half-time deficit.

The second half turnaround was led by Storm youngsters Billy Walters and Scott Drinkwater.

The pair both crossed the line and led the way in attack following the restart.

"Billy and Drinky both came alive in the second half," Easts coach Scott Sipple said.

"Drinky's runs and kick returns got us on the front foot, he made several breaks and Billy capitalised on his good work.

"It was good to have them back and now hopefully we can get some game time in them."

SOUTHS LOGAN MAGPIES 30 (Phil Dennis, Scott Doyle, Marion Seve, Travis Waddell, Thomas Flegler tries; Guy Hamilton 5 goals) def EASTS TIGERS 22 (Cheyse Blair, Brayden Torpy, Scott Drinkwater, Billy Walters tries; Brayden Torpy 3 goals) at Davies Park.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Also - The Falcons and the Tigers both have the bye this weekend. Cooper Johns will drop down and play for the Thunderbolts.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

missed the game due to being at nrl vic games all day but easts tigers beat png 30-4 Brodie and Billy had good games