Storm War Chest

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cameron wrote: Vrs Paramatta Eels in first final

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-fi ... 98e952e094

At the 44 minute mark we are 4 – 10 down. We are passing the ball around and seemingly going nowhere.........

as the commentator says "Their famed systems in disarray!!!!"

Until Felise Kaufusi got the ball.

as the commentator says when Felise gets the ball and runs..."but even then the class shines through!!!"

He didn’t use any structure, he used his own intelligence and ability to go forward, find the hole in the defence and set up the score by Kenny Bromwich. O0

Lima, Proctor, Blair, Hoffman, Kidwell, etc. would not have made that play.

Without Felise Kaufusi, we don’t win that game. We don’t win the premiership.
I agree Felise was huge last year, and I would have had him as forward of the year - but to suggest that Proctor, Blair, Hoffman wouldn't have been able to make the same play is short sighted. Lima - a different player, he would have straightened the attack, but not as much of a hole runner being a prop. I would suggest Felise learned his line running from Proctor who was a great hole runner close to the line, and Hoffman has done it for years.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

I rank Felise the best. While he has been taught the Storm way by others and the coach, Felise adds his own “cherry on top”. He has an intangibility of reading the play that the others don’t. A younger Hoffman had a similar thing I will agree with you.

The two second half tries that Felise set up in the Brisbane semi final last year were nothing short of amazing. And almost all from pure skill.

Right now; imo we should make the signing of Felise a priority and we would basically have the nucleus of a competitive team for the next decade and a seamless transfer from one generation to another.

Felise is an 80-minute player; and top line defender who also runs the lines as good as anyone in world rugby. We can keep the best or try and save a fraction of money (that we actually have) in reinventing someone off "the stockpile of indifference".

As we said, Eddie Emu from the Toowoomba Bush Pigs or the Cooktown Cockatoos could replace him for a lot less money; Eddie might learn the Storm system and attack the try line with vigour but he doesn’t have Felise’s intangibles or natural understanding and skill.

System only goes so far. It is the skill to implement the system on a consistent basis that you pay for. And there is none better than Felise who was the Forward of the Year As you say.