2013 Official Thread + Signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think Fonua will want to be the first Victorian to play for the Storm
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Second you mean.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

storm boy ! wrote:2013 squad is looking good so far! add players you think we should sign/resign to fill in the positions?
You can add Tim Glasby.

Leaving only 6 spots left.

Some of the blokes still without contracts: Lowe, Quinn, Lowrie, Fonua, Kostjasyn, Blair, McLean, Greenfield, Norrie and Moylan.

Are you sure Griffin is signed up? zerotackle has him off contract this season.
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Great news. Rapt that we've got Hinchy and Vave as well as the other guys:-)

storm boy !
Squall
Squall

oh yeah forgot about glasby. And yes I'm 90% sure griffin re-signed?

Let go of quinn, kostjayson, Norrie and greenfield. Norrie is past his days imo can easily find a better foward . Greenfield is injury prone just like manu. Quinn is past his days can spend his money on a better player That would add much more.

Sign one of taupau, packer or sam rapira. Big beefy strong fowards would add a lot of size to then bench alongside vave.

And would rather joel romelo from the bulldogs then stagg, stagg gets thrown around like a rag Doll ! Only good in defence imo.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Monsoon
Monsoon

I hope lowrie stays, he has been fantastic this year especially his work around the ruck, he has stepped up and deserves a contract.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

So Phil Rothfield was wrong again and he is meant to be the League's leading reporter.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

1999 wrote:I hope lowrie stays, he has been fantastic this year especially his work around the ruck, he has stepped up and deserves a contract.

ABSOLUTELY !

Why would the club want Lowrie to leave and why would Lowrie want to leave ?

despite some posters thoughts...I would be confident Lowrie will have a brilliant 2013 and 2014 for the Storm
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Storm Spirit wrote:
1999 wrote:I hope lowrie stays, he has been fantastic this year especially his work around the ruck, he has stepped up and deserves a contract.

ABSOLUTELY !

Why would the club want Lowrie to leave and why would Lowrie want to leave ?

despite some posters thoughts...I would be confident Lowrie will have a brilliant 2013 and 2014 for the Storm
If we had no salary cap pressure, we would keep him for sure. But we are not so fortunate, so we might be forced to move out decent footballers. He may not be the only one either, I doubt we will keep hold of ALL of Quinn, Norrie, Lowe, Blair and Kostjasyn either. Some will have to go.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Vaaaaaavvvvvveeeee! I'm over the moon that we've got him locked in.

I think that with the coaching staff and some of the old heads like Ryles around him, Vave will develop in to a representative quality front rower in the next 3 or so years. He'll have no problem walking on to the Samoan team (or is he Tongan?) but I think he qualifies for City as well and I reckon he could cut it as well.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

storm boy ! wrote:2013 squad is looking good so far! add players you think we should sign/resign to fill in the positions?

1. BILLY SLATER
2. MATT DUFFIE
3. WILL CHAMBERS
4. JUSTIN ONEIL
6. GARETH WIDDOP 
7. COOPER CRONK 
8. JESSE BROMWICH 
9. CAMERON SMITH 
10. JASON RYLES
11. KEVIN PROCTOR 
12. RYAN HOFFMAN

INTERCHANGE:
14. RYAN HINCHCLIFFE
15. TOHU HARRIS 
16. SIOSAIA VAVE

18. KURT MANN
19. SISA WAQA
20. KENNY BROMWICH
21. MITCHELL GARBUTT
22. SLADE GRIFFIN

fonua, panapa (east tigers) should be signed quickly imo
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Hope you get Sandor Earl,i dont want him anywhere near Manly

Seems like a tosser,says its pronounced "Shan door"
storm boy !
Squall
Squall

storming I swear we have the same taste in players haha . Yes Panapa! I like this guy very much! Would do great under bellamy. And I'm sure fonua will be re-signed soon you'd think

Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Awesome news re: Hinchy, Vave, Mitch, Waqa and Kenny B.

There is a couple of extra spots up for grabs then just 26. There are currently 29 player profiles in the NRL squad plus 3 players who are in first grade squad whose profiles appear in Toyota Cup section of the website (Fonua, Hampton and Harris).

Considering Damien Sironen has played NSW Cup the last couple of weeks I say there may be a fair chance we will promote him to the first grade squad. I also quite like Jarome Wilson.

I can't see them letting Mahe leave and I can't see Mahe wanting to leave given the Victorian connection. Young T will get promoted too he is quite versatile wing or fullback and was good enough to play for NSW Under 20s.

I really like Panapa from Easts Tigers too.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Surandy wrote:Second you mean.

Surandy who was the first? Surely you are not counting Jake Webster because he was born in Moonee Ponds. I think Mattpoet was talking about first born and bred Victorian. Or at least a Victorian bred player eg Young T was bred in Victoria so he would count too.