2013 Official Thread + Signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sorry only saw that try he scored. Didn't get to stick around to see the whole game. Looks pretty strong and quick for a prop.
stormfan2010
Squall
Squall

Well the Oldfield rumours didnt come through , he signed with the roosters today.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Was listening to gibbsy on the wireless in sydney and he said Widdop is gone and finch is back for 2013 done deal, not sure where gaz is headed presumably to england. I know its radio and hard to believe but if there is even a shred of truth to this it will be a real head scratcher. Thought i'd share anyway even though i doubt it is actually true.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

1999 wrote:Was listening to gibbsy on the wireless in sydney and he said Widdop is gone and finch is back for 2013 done deal, not sure where gaz is headed presumably to england. I know its radio and hard to believe but if there is even a shred of truth to this it will be a real head scratcher. Thought i'd share anyway even though i doubt it is actually true.

Just asked Gareths Dad and he said no truth in Gareth leaving :-D
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

believe that when i hear it officially
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

BIG JIM wrote:
1999 wrote:Was listening to gibbsy on the wireless in sydney and he said Widdop is gone and finch is back for 2013 done deal, not sure where gaz is headed presumably to england. I know its radio and hard to believe but if there is even a shred of truth to this it will be a real head scratcher. Thought i'd share anyway even though i doubt it is actually true.

Just asked Gareths Dad and he said no truth in Gareth leaving :-D
Why would Widdop go back to a sub par league???
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

More crap from the sydaney media :pukeright: :lol:
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Rothfields hot (cold) tip is that Hinchliffe is a done deal to Parramatta for next season.

I was under the impression he was re-signed until the end of 2013.

He is a Parra junior so he has reason to go back.

Monsoon
Monsoon

Im starting to wonder how much keeping coops in purple has really cost us, Neilsen, Manu, Kelly, possibly Widdop and Hinchy.. WTF!!?

mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

1999 wrote:Im starting to wonder how much keeping coops in purple has really cost us, Neilsen, Manu, Kelly, possibly Widdop and Hinchy.. WTF!!?

There will also be massive speculation about Cam (signed until 2014, free agent 2013) and Billy (signed until 2015, free agent 2014) over the next two years. Due to it being highly likely they will stay one club players, I can see a lot of secondary and fringe players leaving the Storm over the next three years (apart from Hoffy, who will play out the rest of his career in Melbourne. One of either Quinny or Lowrie might stay in Melbourne for the rest of their days in the NRL as well).
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

mattstormy wrote:
1999 wrote:Im starting to wonder how much keeping coops in purple has really cost us, Neilsen, Manu, Kelly, possibly Widdop and Hinchy.. WTF!!?

There will also be massive speculation about Cam (signed until 2014, free agent 2013) and Billy (signed until 2015, free agent 2014) over the next two years. Due to it being highly likely they will stay one club players, I can see a lot of secondary and fringe players leaving the Storm over the next three years (apart from Hoffy, who will play out the rest of his career in Melbourne. One of either Quinny or Lowrie might stay in Melbourne for the rest of their days in the NRL as well).
Just like alot of players at Manly,the media wants to rip teams apart but we wont lose one more TRUE first grader
and we've only really lost one

Also Oldfield isn't going to melbourne,signed with Roosters and will join Maria Hargraves and Lama Tasi
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Why does everything have to come back to Manly haha.

Sides are finding it hard to start a dynasty these days. Makes it so hard to keep players you want to keep. Widdop news makes me LOL. Plays in a key position for the best rugby league team in the world. Why leave.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Freshy wrote:Rothfields hot (cold) tip is that Hinchliffe is a done deal to Parramatta for next season.

I was under the impression he was re-signed until the end of 2013.
He is contracted til the end of next year. At first i thought there's no way the club will release him early but now i think of it i'm not so sure. If Parra offered him a lucrative deal that there's no way we could/would match when his contract was up then i could see the us letting him go early as he's been such a great servant for our club. He's 28 this year and while that's far from old he'll want to start looking after his future. I also think the Gaz thing is utter bollocks and i'd bet my last dollar he wont be leaving next year. I do remember reading in RLW (i think) not so long ago that he wouldn't mind going back to England and play in the SL but later on in his career.

As for losing these players like Neilsen, Sika and Kelly while it's always sad to see players leave these blokes are more than replaceable. We have depth in the centres with younger blokes coming through and Sika, as much as i love him he's only played about half the amount of games he's been able to since first breaking his leg against the Stains in 2009. It just seems he's only a tackle away from another injury and while you can say that about any player, some players like Siks are much more susceptible to injury than others. Kelly was never going to be a regular first grader for the next few years at least so it really made no sense to keep him. As a back up yes but you cant expect a bloke to want to fill that role when there's an opportunity for him elsewhere.

The bright side of losing the likes of Danger, Sika and maybe Hinchy is that there'll be some decent money to be spent elsewhere so i'm not worried about where we're at in that respect.
storm boy !
Squall
Squall

some whispers floating around that were after russell packer? don't know how much truth there is to it ..

And martin taupau is looking like re-signing with bulldogs, there keen to keep him according to an article on the SMH.
Just thought he'd be a good buy for us

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Where are these whispers ? He would certainly beef up our pack.