Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Gotta be an April fools joke. Cowboys are all set to sign him
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

the carney thing is a joke but the newtown part isnt
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Calling it now - we end up signing a half prior to the cut off date. Old, young, from England, whatever as long as there’s an NRL background, I can see it happening.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Ben Ikin was talking about the possibility of Aiden Sezer coming over given he doesn't seem to be wanted at the Raiders. Have a listen to the latest NRL Market Watch podcast: https://player.whooshkaa.com/shows/fox-nrl-market-watch

I wouldn't mind Sezer myself as he's a genuine half with experience of taking a team deep into the finals. I reckon his crappy form could be turned around with some guidance from Bellyache and the Storm system. Worked out quite well with Finchy back in '09.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Definitely a good player. It wasn't long ago that Sezer was the "next big thing". Took his side to within one game of the GF two years ago. I think he would be too expensive personally. He is negotiating hard with Canberra for another pay bump.

Not as a halfback option, so somewhat unrelated - I have always been a huge fan of Blake Austin (poor recent form aside). Someone like him I think would thrive in the Storm system. He seems intent though on going wherever the cash is (rejected a $1.4M two year deal at Canberra recently - which is still massive overs) so not even close to a viable recruitment option... but I still really like him as a player.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I used to love watching Blake Austin (thought he was a big loss for the tigers when he went to the raiders) but he hasn't developed his game further since he blitzed the comp back in '16. On the Market Watch podcast Ben Ikin referred to Blake Austin as "Cameron Munster Lite" which I thought was pretty accurate in that his main strength is his running game but he doesn't have the tackle busting ability of Munster.

I tend to agree that Sezer would be an expensive acquisition but with Billy presumably hanging up the boots at the end of the year we should have some cap space to work with. I wouldn't pay overs for him but it would be good to have an experienced genuine half take some of the pressure off Croft. A 2019 spine of Munster, Sezer, Croft and C/B Smith gets me excited.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not much of a Austin fan specially for this team cause I think we have a better and younger version of him. Sezer would be interesting if Croft doesn't kick on. Another one of those players who haven't developed much under Sticky.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

interesting news here....

Ex Toronto Wolfpack 5/8 and Brother of Ryley Jacks has been signed by the Sunshine Coast Falcons will be brought into the action to play as soon as this round...

I wonder if Melbourne storm have their eye on him ...it would be cool if after Billy retires Munster goes to Fullback Rhys to 6 and Ryley to 7

https://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/n ... s/3385009/
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:interesting news here....

Ex Toronto Wolfpack 5/8 and Brother of Ryley Jacks has been signed by the Sunshine Coast Falcons will be brought into the action to play as soon as this round...which is good cause the have no 6 or 7 atm with ryley playing nrl

I wonder if Melbourne storm have their eye on him ...it would be cool if after Billy retires Munster goes to Fullback Rhys to 6 and Ryley to 7

Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:interesting news here....

Ex Toronto Wolfpack 5/8 and Brother of Ryley Jacks has been signed by the Sunshine Coast Falcons will be brought into the action to play as soon as this round...

Brodie Croft is our future 7 Sallymay...no doubt about it.

It's just going to take some time for him to settle in...the pressure on him to perform as a match winning half back in 7 games of football, despite everything the club has done to deflect it...has been ENORMOUS.

He is the future of our Club.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/league/n ... 1cr2gmhtls

Parra are after Nelson

Nelson Asofa-Solomona of Melbourne Storm, I'm hearing that Parramatta may have a bit of interest in him," Ritchie said on Triple M on Wednesday.

"He's an absolute giant. Parramatta need a giant in their pack so don't be surprised if they have a bit of a nibble at the big fella coming out of the Melbourne Storm."
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Parra can wish all they want. NAS is signed til the end of 2019
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Gladsby reportedly knocks back an offer from storm and in chats with the knights.

He’s not worth paying overs- clubman for sure but money needed elsewhere
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Agree nacho. If Glasby gets a payday at the Knights then more power to him but we don't need to pay more for someone we're playing off the bench.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cameron wrote:http://www.sportingnews.com/au/league/n ... 1cr2gmhtls

Parra are after Nelson

Nelson Asofa-Solomona of Melbourne Storm, I'm hearing that Parramatta may have a bit of interest in him," Ritchie said on Triple M on Wednesday.

"He's an absolute giant. Parramatta need a giant in their pack so don't be surprised if they have a bit of a nibble at the big fella coming out of the Melbourne Storm."

Nelsons parents just moved to Melbourne he isn't going anywhere