2011 Memberships

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I had to contact the Membership department today...so I took the opportunity to ask Kylie (?) how many members we currently had.

She advised that it was approximately 9300.

I also asked why there wasn't a membership counter on the official site like last year.

She said that she didn't know. It had been raised by the Membership department with the powers above, but nothing had been heard back about the issue.

Unless there is a compelling reason...then C'MON MR GAUCI...let's have a membership tally
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

As with crowd figures at games - It's easier to lie,(spin) if you don't have a counter people can watch :twisted:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Our continued success should attract more interest from both media and new members.
The new Quad Pass membership is an awesome deal for anyone who's not already a member. 4 games ($108) plus a members cap ($30, if for sale) and lanyard, plus priority access to finals tickets for only $80. That's $138+ value for only $80. And I'm sure it can be payed off in part-payments too??

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Any updates on our membership numbers?

Melbourne & Bears
Squall
Squall

9,083 according to this: http://www.rleague.com/content/article.php?id=39147

Our record (not including the members that signed up after the scandal broke) is 9,569
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Here's something I don't get. Why isn't there anyone working the membership tent after games? When you've got a casual fan leaving the stadium pumped up after an exciting game, that's exactly when you'd want to sign them up for a Quad Pass. Posting flyers outside the stadium and hoping people sign up the next day won't work because by then the excitement is gone.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

absentee wrote:Here's something I don't get. Why isn't there anyone working the membership tent after games? When you've got a casual fan leaving the stadium pumped up after an exciting game, that's exactly when you'd want to sign them up for a Quad Pass. Posting flyers outside the stadium and hoping people sign up the next day won't work because by then the excitement is gone.
Great suggestion. Send an email to the membership dept and hopefully they act on it.
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Hey, anybody else notice the barometer seems to be growing daily - well, maybe weekly?
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Sure did Chip thought it was my eyes playing up

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Just had a look on NRL.com and the numbers haven't been adjusted since March. Where do they post up more current figures?
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I'm just going by the OS - don't know where on there they have the actual figures but the barometer on the front page has been going up steadily
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

2012 memberships should be sent out the day after our season finishes this year.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm still waiting for my pet membership. It's things like that that can and unfortunately do make aspects of the club look amateur. Fair enough it sold more than planned so had to arrange further stock (so the excuse went), but it's now about 5 months since I paid for it and it's not good enough
Last edited by steaming stormer on Tue May 31, 2011 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Maybe that's why our crowd numbers have been so poor recently. The pets don't have their memberships and can't afford to buy a ticket. LOL

steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Our crowds were ok up until the last two... with Canberra and Cronulla never high drawing clubs. Still better than the 5k they got at Penrith last night.
I am worried about our crowd for the chooks though - Monday night of a public holiday, with no origin players...