NSW Cup/QLD Cup 2013

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

For Easts Tigers, Maeli Seve scored 2 tries, Mitch Garbutt and Cody Walker scored one each and Walker kicked 4 goals.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Easts Tigers 50 Sunshine Coast 10

Tries: Hampton 2, Walker 2, Glasby, Paul, Butterfield, Seve, Neumann

Go Easts. Garbutt and Setu also played.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The small company I work for is the jersey sponsor for the Sharks/Storm NSW cup team which is pretty cool for me lol
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

bula wrote:The small company I work for is the jersey sponsor for the Sharks/Storm NSW cup team which is pretty cool for me lol
Well, go on then. Give 'em a plug.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I got around to watching the Sharks v Wests Tigers NSW Cup match last night. Sharks 46 defeated the Tigers 6. Here are my thoughts about the Storm players:
Young Tonumaipea (Wing): Made a number of dynamic runs, where more often than not he beat the first tackler. He might a break down the sideline where he passed the ball back to Nathan Gardner for a try. Impresses me every time I see him. Although he wasn't tested under the high ball.

Kirisome Auva'a (Centre): Made a number of good runs. Had a lot of involvement in the game. Passed the ball to Young for his break (mentioned above). Flew onto a bomb from Chad Townsend to score a try. Far and away the best NSW Cup game I have seem Some play.

Siosaia Vave (Prop): Seemed to be a bit quieter than usual. Made a couple of good passes at the line and did lay the tackle that forced two line dropouts.

Slade Griffin (Hooker): Was heavily involved in defence. Did his job in attack so well that you almost didn't notice him (if that makes sense).

Dayne Weston (Interchange (prop)): Made a number of big runs and made a number of tackles. Made a couple of good offloads. He did get penalised twice for lying in the tackle for too long.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=yout ... ata_player

The second last east try where Mitch gave the ball away was amazing
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

NswRl today announced the Cronulla Shark today have won the Minor Premiership with game losses going thier way no team can catch them so Congrats to the Sharks and Melbourne Storm winning the minor premiership in the NSW Cup all the storm boys throughout the year who have helped make this happen...
Young Tonamapia
Kirisome Aavva
Brett Finch
Siosaia Vave
Junior Moors
Dayne Weston
Jordan McLean
Slade Griffen
Ben Hampton
Kurt Mann
Matt Mcghan
And any other player I may have missed..hopefully see themplay in the first game on GF day
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sharks lost 28-18 last night to dogs, young tonumaipeia scored a try
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Easts Tigers 27 Wynnum Manly 12
Tries: Jack Joass 2, Liam McDonald, Tommy Butterfield.
Goals: Cody Walker 5
Field Goal: Cody Walker.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Northern Pride V Burleigh Bears on now on FoxSports if anyone wants to see our latest signing Felise Kaufusi in action.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

have easts sured up a finals berth yet?
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote:have easts sured up a finals berth yet?
Not quite Mattpoet. Easts are currently 3rd on 28 points. Tweed Heads and Norths are 6th and 7th on 25 points with two matches to go. So if Easts lost both their matches we could still drop out. We play top of the ladder Northern Pride today so that will be tough. We play Souths Logan next week so hopefully we should win that match.

The Qld Cup changed their finals system to a top five last year so I assume they will have the same set up this year.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sharks smashed Manly 54-0

Tries:

Tonumaipeia 3
Peachey 2
Stapleton
Auva'a
Politoni
Moors
Robinson

Goals:

Townsend 7

I know it's only NSW Cup but, I LOVE beating Manly!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Congrats to Young on his hat trick. Well done to Some and Junior on their tries.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Half time Northern Pride 12 Easts Tigers 6.

Pride tries: Semi Tadulala, Davin Crampton.
Easts tries: Leon Panapa