2010 memberships

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Surandy wrote:
Hailstorm wrote: 1,100 is a lot of new members thats for sure. Much more than I would've expected at this time of year.
I don't think it's that unexpected, the reverse is how many existing members are downgrading or not renewing.
After 3 weeks on sale, that is a huge number of NEW MEMBER memberships sold.
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Just wondering with the "new memberships" how many of those are families that had to add an extra child on
as opposed to previous years they all would have been under one membership for 2a and 2c now it would be
2 memberships....

Either way it is good that the club is getting the members

From the NRL site
Melbourne Storm normally make their charge in September, now they are making a historic push in February and players and officials couldn’t be happier.

Breaking records is nothing new for the club, but even they are surprised at the rate of memberships being taken up by fans.

The Storm are averaging 220 memberships per day since they went on sale only 19 days ago, and currently boast 4217 members.

While the club is in England chasing World Club Championship glory, finishing touches are being added to their state-of-the-art new home ground, Melbourne Rectangular Stadium.

Full story here http://www.nrl.com/newsviews/latestnews ... fault.aspx
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

It'll be interesting to see what happens when the club ramps up their promotional efforts. 4,217 members signed up with very minimal promotion to date.

I presume we'll see some sort of push at some point in March. First home game isn't until April 2nd so they've still got quite a bit of time to work with. Plus with the first three home games being at Docklands (using a different barcode to Thunder Dome) membership cards can be sent out late April if need be.

Anyone know if they are planning a Storm membership day via SEN like has been done before?
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

As Routy21 pointed out, we now have 4,217 members. Confirmation received today that 4,217 is the official NRL figure for Storm's ticketed membership as at 19/2/10, following three weeks of sales. This puts us ahead of 6 teams with two more likely surpassed already this week.

Week 1:  1,416 memberships sold
Week 2:  1,448 memberships sold
Week 3:  1,353 memberships sold

CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Their excellent numbers so far, seeing they are ticketed members which would mean that if country and interstate memberships were included (which imo should be included) those memberships numbers would be higher.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I see in the latest edition of hail storm we've cracked it for 5000 members which is a great effort. No word on if it's ticketed members but even if it's not, judging by the numbers on the membership ladder we couldn't be far away.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Ice wrote: I see in the latest edition of hail storm we've cracked it for 5000 members which is a great effort. No word on if it's ticketed members but even if it's not, judging by the numbers on the membership ladder we couldn't be far away.
The wording in Hail Storm suggests that it is ticketed members.
The Melbourne Storm 2010 Membership Program has only been on sale less than four weeks, and already the Club is officially halfway towards their 2010 membership target of 10,000 members. That is an amazing achievement and just goes to show what fantastic support the Storm has from their fiercely parochial fans.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

And the 'official' almost week old figures from NRL.com
Storm are currently 8th with 5032 ticketed members,(63% of 2009)
as of Friday 26th
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Week 1:  1,416 memberships sold
Week 2:  1,448 memberships sold
Week 3:  1,353 memberships sold
Week 4:  815 memberships sold

That's a significant drop from Week 3 to Week 4 just two weeks out from the start of the season. Anyone heard any plans for any sort of a membership drive?
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

I know someone who is renewing their membership on Friday.  I'll get her to ask about the membership drive.

I wonder if some members aren't renewing just yet because we have those earlier games interstate.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wow, I've certainly missed a lot... I'm making my way through 4 or 5 pages of posts, so I apologise if my comments/questions have already been asked and answered, but 11 pages in a thread is a lot to go through...

One of my main priorities while I get back into the swing of things is to sort out my membership - I am certainly joining the list of disgruntled interstate members after seeing that our $80 interstate membership contains practically nothing of value this year (other than being able to say that I am a Storm member).  The two away game tickets that we got last year have been removed, and it sounds like we don't even have voting rights this year!  :x  Yeah, I'm really feeling like a "part of the Team" with this membership option. :roll:

So, I'm considering "upgrading" to the Country membership for the extra $15, as I was planning on coming to Melbourne a couple of times this year anyway.  My original plan was to come down for the opening, but the delay of our first game now means that I'll be leaving for Thailand the very weekend of the Anzac Test/Broncos game!!!  :icon_frown:

Anyway, my two questions are:

1) Does anyone know if the 5 game tickets included in the Country membership have to be used for 5 separate games, or can two or more tickets be used for the same game for example?

2) Can someone post a pic of the $20 member cap please?  I'd just like to see whether it's worth adding to my collection of Storm caps.

Thanks!
mahoobla
Squall
Squall

In regards to the membership drive - I'd say it's in full swing. My sister-in-law who has attended ONE Melbourne Storm game with her kids pre-purchased the tickets at the time which meant she provided a name and address ( to tickmaster or ticketek - I can never remember which one).

She was very surprised to receive the full membership information package in the mail. It looks like they are contacting anyone and everyone they can! I suppose that is clever marketing.

I think the 'new' membership numbers will be artificially increased by people such as myself who change from 2 adult tickets to a family ticket - thus introducing a new junior (in my case - my cat). Again - clever marketing!
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Still not sure if i will join or not. Gotta see if i have $80 i can throw down the drain.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Insomniac wrote: Anyway, my two questions are:

1) Does anyone know if the 5 game tickets included in the Country membership have to be used for 5 separate games, or can two or more tickets be used for the same game for example?

2) Can someone post a pic of the $20 member cap please?  I'd just like to see whether it's worth adding to my collection of Storm caps.

Thanks!
Unfortunately I cannot help with either question. 1st question, I've no idea. 2nd question, the caps haven't been sent yet so no idea what they'll look at, probably along the same lines as last year's cap.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Insomniac wrote:
So, I'm considering "upgrading" to the Country membership for the extra $15, as I was planning on coming to Melbourne a couple of times this year anyway.  My original plan was to come down for the opening, but the delay of our first game now means that I'll be leaving for Thailand the very weekend of the Anzac Test/Broncos game!!!  :icon_frown:

Anyway, my two questions are:

Thanks!
Just on Q.1. I am guessing tickets have to be used for 5 separate games as its a Membership Card.

Re Q.2. You might be able to log into the Melb. Storm or Rugby Fever sites and they may have a pic of the caps on their websites.  However, I would imagine its would be similar to last year's cap.

I think for $15 extra it worth getting the country membership...so many benefits come with that package.