STORM V BRONCOS LIVE INTO MELBOURNE

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

nacho wrote: OMG proctor may have scored for us off of a blair and cooper chip n chase vid ref pending
I nearly smashed my tv when they went to the video ref for that try!

I can't believe they went to the video *LIMA LIMA LIMA DUCK!*ing ref for that one when on first viewing it looked fine yet they didn't use the video ref at the other end when the Broncos dummy half clearly *LIMA LIMA LIMA DUCK!*ing knocked on!!!!!

Throughout that game I kept having flashbacks to the 2006 grand final, refs, f'ing cheats!!

And why wasn't Te'o put on report for his lifting tackle?
Last edited by Surandy on Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

It is simply unconscionable not to have referred that Wallace try to the video referee.

I have never ever been left so unbelievably baffled by a decision in my life.  Surely, surely there was enough doubt to check it? 

I still can't believe they did that. 

I am happy to give the two-ref system a go - but that can't mean Refs get away with simply being rubbish!  They need to be held accountable first and foremost.

The honest truth, however, is we can't expect to play that badly and win games.  Inglis was clearly not fit (or not interested), Quinn needs to go back to reservces, Turner is almost joining him.  The backline is mis-firing time after time.  We dont look dangerous with the ball - we look dis-organised and predictable.

Our forwards are trying - but we are lacking aggression and creativity.

Our defence is the only thing we have going for us at the moment - but that's only 50% of what it takes to win matches.

Over to you Mr Bellamy....
STORM 2007
Squall
Squall

Just seen the game HOW ON EARTH that try didn't go the video ref is a joke itself. The ref Cummins didn't do us any favours but lets face it we were poor. First half lack of ball movement was infuriating when you consider that in the second half we looked dangerous when we threw the ball around. Though Billy was going to nick us the game at the end but it wasn't meant to be.

Its worrying how our attack is shaping up and it was only our defence that kept us in the game before the break. Although when Hinchcliffe came on we looked a lot better and maybe that's the way to go with Cam going to five Eighth. Another frustrating thing is that the Broncos were there for the taking at the end but we just couldn't get the breaks. Once again like in the GF of 2006 the ref has cost us. I remember a perfectly valid Matt King try chalked off for no reasons.

Waited all day for that been at college over here in the UK and to lose like that well its put me off watching footy this weekend. Lets hope we can get back on track against the Cowboys.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

I think we will be stronger when Sika comes back. I would honestly think about giving Quinn a rest for a week or two and seeing how Tomane goes on the wing...or someone else, anybody else.

I watched the last 20 or so and we did look very good with Hinchey on we might see the position change (Gi to centre, cam>5/8) sooner rather than later.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
gothestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Super Cronk wrote: I think we will be stronger when Sika comes back.
I agree totally. I have big wraps on Sika - He is great off the bench, can sniff out a try and is bruising in defence. He could be a superstar in the making.
routy21
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

That was one of the worst referring performances in a long time. Not just the blatant knock on that lead to the winning try but penalties blown all night in favour of Brisbane for ridiculous reasons.  Anyway, aside from all that I thought we showed great courage just to hang in there and if our attack was a bit better or Inglis was fit we would have comfortably won the game. 

Chambers, Blair were strong and I thought the Proctologist had a great game, he will only get better and better.  We really do miss Sika and big Whitey up the middle. 

Lets hope Bellamy sorts out our attack so we can put another 50 points on up there in Townsville next week..
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

I'm looking forward to seeing the post match conference once Storm put it up on their website. Damn it being hosted by Bigpond though, they suck and I have to "watch" videos about 5 or 6 times to see the entire thing as it keeps timing out (damn I'm glad I don't have those problems with other sites like YouTube).
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Yeah they showed a small part of it after the game...bellyache certainly was not happy about it.

Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Super Cronk wrote: I think we will be stronger when Sika comes back. I would honestly think about giving Quinn a rest for a week or two and seeing how Tomane goes on the wing...or someone else, anybody else.

I watched the last 20 or so and we did look very good with Hinchey on we might see the position change (Gi to centre, cam>5/8) sooner rather than later.
Dont forget we re-signed Quinn last year  :-&.

Matt Duffie is one to keep an eye on for a wing spot. 192cm and has a very good leap, he scored a great try last week with his jump and is a big unit.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Yeah...unfortunately Quinn will keep getting picked...chisholm is listed as a centre/wing...and he has big wraps on him...i think we need to inject some more youth outwide...tomane would most likely be next in line tho.

Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Sam Joe's been playing pretty well.
Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I can see some positives out of the dissapointment,

Broncos at home is one of toughest gigs in the NRL,

We did'nt play well, we were robbed by the ref,

Yet we nearly pinched it,

It is only round 2, we have time to build, just got to be carefull we dont lose too many in these early stages, got to stay in touch with the leaders,and work on our weaknesses,

Time and time again in this comp,over the twenty something years I have been following it,  I have seen teams who were very average in the early stages of the comp , get on a roll in the 6 weeks before the final and take it out,

Some of you need to relax, its way too early to be hitting the panic button, its a long , long season.
Go the Allblacks, Richmond , and the mighty Storm
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Yeah i mean its good that we havent played our best the past two weeks but still played right till the last second.

Its just frustrating when the team can play much better yet just arent at that peak yet....and your right it will come, but i guess i expected a bit more of them at this point in the season.

bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not happy with the result but overly happy with what I saw. Chambers was great I thought, he was a handful, Isa had a night to forget.
That try from Izzy broke my heart man, our attack needs some work though. Great offloading from Blair and I dont think we used Koopu enough.
Greggy didnt look interested for most the game, then when he started getting involved things started to happen, Cam Smith at five-eigth is the way to go after what I saw last-night, with Hinchcliffe at Hooker and we have got to get Inglis out wide and give the ball to him on the run.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

bula wrote:Cam Smith at five-eigth is the way to go after what I saw last-night, with Hinchcliffe at Hooker and we have got to get Inglis out wide and give the ball to him on the run.
If last night's game is anything to go by then Bellamy MUST try that as the starting line up against the Cowboys.