Rd 7 vs Roosters

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

chooks will think its Christmas this week. not only will they win the penalty count but their try won`t go to video ref.. I also predict that they will get their penalties on the 4th or 5ht tackle but I am confident my CHAMPION TEAM will overcome klown and win the game. 16+ to 4
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just saw tweet from Herald Sun stating something similar to Storm nemesis returns for Roosters game. I was trying to work out which Roosters player was our nemesis. Then I launched article and Nick Smart was writing about Ashley Klein.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Has anyone heard whether we are 1-17? I notice the extra bench players are a half (hampton), an outside back (hunt), a prop (tll) and a back-rower (k.brom) which suggests we are just trying to cover all contingencies, but i'll feel better if i hear there aren't huge changes.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Rumour on twitter yesterday was that Kenny was playing.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

This may get skimmed over but for those of you who are driving in and hoping to park at the MCG after Essendon v Carlton you are out of luck

Cars that are currently parked there are fine to stay till after the storm game. However, no new cars will be admitted entry as the rain has made the ground very muddy and CarePark staff will not open the gates.
stormfan2010
Squall
Squall

A real season defining game tonight I believe . A win would cement our spot in the 4 and the belief in the team would be huge .
Our outside backs defence is where the game will be won or lost . We should match them up the middle .
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Such a poor read from Kurt leading into their try. He'll want that back for sure.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Ashley f*cking Clown.
"Check for an eight point try".
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Couldn't be more prouder of that effort tonight. Great team performance.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Awesome game, couldn't be happier!

Who got motm? That's a tough call as they all played well, both sides were great given the conditions. ....for mine it was Cam - his kicking found space just about every time, the pass to Will, the conversion from the sideline that had to be made. .. he was awesome!

I feel a lot less nervous with Munster at fullback, amazing under the high ball - that's not a slight at Billy. .. it's just high praise for Eddie, he looks so comfortable back there in any situation.

"Possible 8 point try" was the furthest thing from my mind when they went to the video ref. ... he tried to give them the game - thankfully it was unsuccessful. I'd be lying if i said i wasnt worried though.. ..

Oh... and MK5! 'nuff said.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lol, they keep putting kenny up when they announce the team pre-game instead of jesse. They even announced it that way today.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Top of the table with that win. Only losses were by 2 points at Brookie and 1 point in Townsville.
4 points off a perfect start.

Big effort tonight from everyone. Big kudos to the back three with a clean sheet tonight.
Mahe was fantastic and Marika cleaning up was awesome. Munster is really impressive and Hinchcliffe's best game in a while.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

bula wrote:Big effort tonight from everyone. Big kudos to the back three with a clean sheet tonight.
Mahe was fantastic and Marika cleaning up was awesome.
yep - Mahe was great at the back, so glad that he seems to have cemented himself in the starting lineup....i'd hate for him to leave. And MK5 with the Billy style sliding pickup was awesome too!

Both sides had no right to hold onto the ball like they did....completion rates were crazy high!
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

how funny and ridiculous did klown look calling for an 8 point try.. Eddies knees didn`t even touch the player scoring the try. Eddie tucked his knees up and went over the top ..No reaction from the try scorer.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Forgive me but why is Camunster called Eddie?