OT: Pink uniforms

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

storm77 wrote:So if the Storm did something like this you wouldn't think it was insulting to our female fans?.

Oh and by the way I do have a life, it is just the *lima lima lima duck* off-season and there isn't a whole hell of a lot else to talk about.
Weeping momma of Christ.

I can imagine how I you'll react when clubs start wearing one off rainbow jerseys to take a stand against homophobia.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It's not just the "women in league" thing, it is a combination of that cause and the team mascot. A "pink panther" makes sense.
storm77
Squall
Squall

LESStar58 wrote:
storm77 wrote:So if the Storm did something like this you wouldn't think it was insulting to our female fans?.

Oh and by the way I do have a life, it is just the *lima lima lima duck* off-season and there isn't a whole hell of a lot else to talk about.
Weeping momma of Christ.

I can imagine how I you'll react when clubs start wearing one off rainbow jerseys to take a stand against homophobia.
Those two things are not comparable.

My whole point is women are not fans because of the uniform and you are not going to gain any new female fans because you try to cater to women with a pink (because you know, all women are as simple as a barbie doll) uniform. The whole idea of equality is treating people equally and to me coming up with something like a pink uniform is talking down to women instead of treating them like you would your male fan base.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

storm77 wrote:
LESStar58 wrote:

Weeping momma of Christ.

Those two things are not comparable.

My whole point is women are not fans because of the uniform and you are not going to gain any new female fans because you try to cater to women with a pink (because you know, all women are as simple as a barbie doll) uniform. The whole idea of equality is treating people equally and to me coming up with something like a pink uniform is talking down to women instead of treating them like you would your male fan base.
Mate, you are off the reservation.

Go and complain to Mia Freedman. She needs a cause.