New home and away jersey for 2013

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

premiership wrote:
absentee wrote:which I find to be far too loose in the sleeves. .
sounds like you need to get to a gym and lift some weights!! :D
Sounds like you need to find a new hobby.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

premiership wrote:Can I come and watch you lift weights?
Only if you rub my shoulders and whisper words of encouragement in my ear.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

That Wigan jersey looks smooth - that's the sort of jersey I'd be happy with.
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

absentee wrote:Personally, I prefer the white - it's nice and clean.

I think we can assume a couple of things based on the new training gear. For the first time in a long time we have gold trim on the training shirts. I'm guessing the contrast stitching on KooGa's BLK jersey template (different to what we wore from 2010-12) will be gold. Also, I think silver will be eliminated. For 2010-12, silver was only on the piping for the away jersey - and Craig's coaches' gear. The coaches' shirt this year is white with gold trim. KooGa's BLK jersey template also has side panels - which I'm guessing will be navy again.

From the vague description the club has given, it sounds like a lot of the issues I've had with the 2010-12 jersey design have been addressed. I just hope it's a bit less cluttered - less lines running everywhere. No more "oh no, we forgot to include gold somewhere - oh, just add some spikes to the collar" things. Hopefully the players version and the retail version are brought closer together and look identical.

Also, I noticed the players shorts at training didn't have Makita or Harvey Norman. Makita's name is gone from the sponsor listing but Harvey Norman is still there. I wonder if we'll see someone new on board in 2013.
Do you know if Kooga are definitely moving us to BLK? I would be surprised if they do given that the Storm are one of the teams which would generate maximum exposure for "Kooga". This year not all of the teams Kooga sponsored have been moved to BLK. I know that the Samoa Rugby team, and the NZ League team have, but the Wallabies have so far continued with Kooga and I would have thought we would as well.

Either way, I am incredibly keen to see what they have come out with, and am hoping that it is something similar to our previous lightning bolt V jerseys with a predominantly navy base (which I think is likely given that they have tried to incorporate Crown into it).
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest that we might be transferred to BLK in the future. KooGa called their jersey template BLK before spinning that name off into its own brand. I don't really see the point of BLK anyway, especially since everything they put out is identical to KooGa's gear. I know that the Rebels are with BLK next year and supposedly the Brumbies are, too. You never know, I guess.

We'll get the first look at the new jersey tonight (if you registered your e-mail address). Not sure when exactly.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

What's this BLK thing ? Wee bit confused.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

blazza18 wrote:What's this BLK thing ? Wee bit confused.
KooGa has another brand called BLK. Prior to that, they introduced their "black label" jersey template and called it BLK. They basically took that name and turned it into it's own brand. BLK is the apparel supplier for the NZ Kiwis and from 2013 the Rebels are moving over from KooGa (other teams are with them, too - but mostly outside of Australia). All of their gear is identical to KooGa so I don't know what the point of it all is.
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

absentee wrote:Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest that we might be transferred to BLK in the future. KooGa called their jersey template BLK before spinning that name off into its own brand. I don't really see the point of BLK anyway, especially since everything they put out is identical to KooGa's gear. I know that the Rebels are with BLK next year and supposedly the Brumbies are, too. You never know, I guess.

We'll get the first look at the new jersey tonight (if you registered your e-mail address). Not sure when exactly.
Oh right no worries. Yeah I saw on Facebook that the Brumbies have moved to BLK as well, but we hve KooGa on our training gear so I guess we'll be with them this year. I agree BLK, and to a lesser extent Seviin, are pretty unnecesary and just confuse the issue haha.

Sounds great if we get to see it tonight
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Home:

Away:

Oh god, what have they done?
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Home looks good. Away is a bit meh. Crown logo still looks a bit bad. Hopefully there will be another wcc jersey cos I will get that one.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

The deformed lightning bolts are just awful. Awful! I remember seeing those exact ones on some of the premiers merchandise - and now we're wearing them on the jersey? I take back everything I said about the previous jersey!

Facepalm.

edit: I do, however, like the balance between navy and purple. I'll buy one for the collection but I'll wait until I can see it in person first.
Last edited by absentee on Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

WTF. Awful. Don't like them one bit.

On the away jersey why couldn't they of had the Crown logo and lettering navy blue ?
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I can only hope that they are better in real life. They remind me more of training shirts than onfield jerseys. Certainly not worth buying
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

it looks like a training shirt... home looks good, but the away is ruined by the boxed logo again
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Things to note - it's not raglan cut like most other KooGa jerseys. Also, no "overlap" part on the collar. No yellow anywhere aside from the logo.

Just give me a heritage jersey with a standard KooGa collar and I'll happily buy and wear that instead.

Urgh. Maybe I'll get used to it.