Storm Club Records

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Go Storm wrote:
bula wrote:I think the club needs to milk this "BIG 3" hype and turn it into a brand if you know what I mean.
I'm pretty sure the players, and the club, hate this expression.
The Melbourne Storm work really hard, and pride themselves on being a team. It was the Big-30 squad, not the Big-3 players, who won the 2012 premiership.
+1
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

They still are the big 3 though. I don't understand why they try to hide from that. They are our 3 best players. They are our 3 superstars. Whether they like it or not they'll be known as the big 3 for the rest of their careers.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:They still are the big 3 though. I don't understand why they try to hide from that. They are our 3 best players. They are our 3 superstars. Whether they like it or not they'll be known as the big 3 for the rest of their careers.
Blazza the reason why they don't like being referred to as the big 3 is because it took 17 players on the field plus the rest of the guys in the squad to win the premiership. If the other 14 guys in the team were rubbish and weren't doing their job then no matter how good Cam, Cooper and Billy are the Storm wouldn't be successful.

Some examples from the GF of those outside the Big 3 that were just as important as anything the Big 3 did:
- Gaz ankle tapping Reynolds;
- Sisa knocking two or three passes down which would have most likely resulted in Bulldog tries;
- Will Chambers constantly tackling Barba one on one;
- Noz and Hinchy tackling Morris in the middle of the field after he made a break.
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I can see you point about marketting the Big 3.

While it does take a whole team - and each player has to do their part to win, from a marketing point of view our team has three of the best players in the game at the moment and the 'of all time' reference is often thrown around.

The problems are that you don't want any of the players to get sucked into the pubicity or for it to appear that the 'big 3' have big heads. A good advertiser would be able to capitalise on the fact that this is probably a one in a lifetime combination of players who have true loyality to each other (and the club) who are world class.

Then again I like the Storm's understated profile in Melbourne and I think gets some genuine respect for not trying to be too flashy or in your face.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

I agree with you Stormsally.
Our membership is increasing every year and our attendance averages also, without needing to be flashy and in-your-face.
The best thing about our fans is that the vast majority are genuine fans, not just fair weather supporters, or bandwagon riders because purple is the new cool colour.
Our numbers may be low, but we are loyal, passionate and here for the long haul.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Does anyone know when they announce the Golden Boot winner?(or has it already been announced and I missed it?)
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Was wondering that too Stormy, the website for the magazine that handles it (Rugby League World) doesn't even have nominees up as far as I can see.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Think it's done at the end of dec closer to Xmas...should be soon though
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Should be a nice prezzie for Cammy..(Hopefully) ;)
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Past few years it was done end of november