Round 25 Game Discussion v Cronulla Sharks

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
toe
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Does anyone know how Vave is going? Isn't he due back shortly? Would be a handy addition on the bench if so..

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

frank ponessi was just on SEN and said Matt Duffie didnt pull up good from the game in NSW cup and would most likely wouldnt play again this year...announcement would be made soon

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Awful news sally.

Also heard Norrie will be free to play this week with an early guilty plea. Grade 1 dangerous contact charge he got.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

No surprise there about Norrie, the initial contact was to the shoulder so i'd have been very surprised if he went for that. As for Duffie that's not real good news for us, though in saying that i don't think he was in the form this season we know he's capable of. Oh well, looks like we're 'stuck' with Quinny and/or Waqa for our finals tilt which i'm tipping might upset a few around here lol
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Norrie's fairly clean reputation would have helped him keep the sentence to a minimum. Not good news about Duffie, mainly for the reason it will probably mean Quinn keeps his position on the flank for the rest of the season, unless Bellyache brings Danger back into the centres with Juzzy moving onto the wing. I would prefer that option but knowing Craig, he'll keep Quinny on the wing.
waveydavey
Squall
Squall

Ice wrote:Oh well, looks like we're 'stuck' with Quinny and/or Waqa for our finals tilt which i'm tipping might upset a few around here lol
LOL :)
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Yeah looks like Duffie won't be back this season :(

I hope this link works,I don't have much success with them lately

[url]ttp://www.nrl.com/storms-duffie-might-be-out- ... fault.aspx[/url]
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Rose Madder wrote:Yeah looks like Duffie won't be back this season :(

I hope this link works,I don't have much success with them lately

http://www.nrl.com/storms-duffie-might- ... fault.aspx
Fixed ;)
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

that article is frank talking on SEN this morning

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

This explains why Duffie hasn`t been playing his best footy this season.
Hope they fix his shoulder so we get get our Duffman back firing on all cylinders for next season.
Good luck for you op and recuperation Duffie.We are looking forward to having you back in 2013
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I reckon there will be a couple of changes on Monday night, Bellyache loves last minute changes but I can't see it being too much different as I reckon this will be the default line-up that is announced on Tuesdays for the finals.

Danger still can't make it back in the side and I'm starting to get the feeling he's played his last game for the Storm (which IMO is a good thing due to his terrible form before he was dropped and the fact that he's going to the Warriors next year).
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I just hope Duffie has enough mobility and strength to play a part in the run to the finals.

He's such as good chance under the high ball that I don't really care if he's not 100% or not. He doesn't have to tackle much nor get tackled much. He just has to catch a few balls...score a few tries and that's it.

Fingers crossed for him that surgery can be delayed to post season.
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Diehard_Storm wrote:I just hope Duffie has enough mobility and strength to play a part in the run to the finals.

He's such as good chance under the high ball that I don't really care if he's not 100% or not. He doesn't have to tackle much nor get tackled much. He just has to catch a few balls...score a few tries and that's it.
Fingers crossed for him that surgery can be delayed to post season.
Yeah, that's all, lol...I think our guys must make it look too easy sometimes :wink:
I have thought Duffie has looked unhappy for most of the season (not to mention he hasn't played how we know he can) and actually thought he might be going through some personal stuff like a lotta the young ones do...or may have dropped in confidence & been a little more anxious because of carrying a niggly injury-Surgery in the last off-season & the not-so-remote chance that it could happen again might have been playing on his mind. Who knows? hopefully he will recover well over the break and come back ready next season...imo he might not get to play again this season.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Duffie has confirmed he won't be back this season.