Storm vs Broncos

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I like the idea of adding some much needed size to our backrow. I hope the bench is Greenfield, Lowe, Kostjaysn and K-Bro.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

mahe fonua said he was back playing NYC this week

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Great news
storm boy !
Squall
Squall

smith confirms in presser that all origin players are fit and ready to go

Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

hannant, gillett and possibly hodges to back up for broncos
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

NRL.com Fri, May 25, 2012 - 9:10 AM
Late Mail: Ben Hannant has joined the squad but Sam Thaiday, Justin Hodges and Petero Civoniceva will be rested after Wednesday's Origin game.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i personally think we should rest billy cam and cooper...at least rest cam if he is still sick esp with this rain cause he will get more sick

Let our other boys play gareth at no 1 luke and rory 6 and 7 and Hinchy at 9

Come on bellamy dont be stupid and make our player more sick

storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

i think hinchy can cover cam for 80 but keep cooper n slater in. rest them through the year
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Of course, knowing what Bellyache does with the team just prior to kick off, there will be position changes (and this week there will be plenty due to injuries in the back row). If Cam is to play, he probably will come off the bench with Hinchy moving from the back row to start at hooker, with Quinny moving into the back row.

A bit surprised at Norrie being shifted into the back row according to today's Herald Sun line-up but hopefully it might spark his form after a very average start to the season for him (he just doesn't make any metres in the front row and looks slow and tired after about 15 mins on the field - the less hit-ups for him, the better). Ryles (who just keeps defying his age), I think will stay in the #10 jersey for the rest of the year as he has played most of his career as a starting prop.

The team should look like this just before kick off (the jersey numbers won't be like this obviously, the numbers here only represent the positions):
1. Slater
2. Duffie
3. Nielsen
4. Chambers
5. O'Neill
6. Widdop
7. Cronk
8. J. Bromwich
9. Hinchcliffe
10. Ryles
11. Norrie
12. Quinn
13. Lowrie

14. Smith (C)
15. K. Bromwich
16. Vave
17. Lowe or Greenfield
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Siosaia Vave- Knee - injured in Round 10 - Indefinite
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

For anyone that drives and parks at the G i just saw on their twitter that the car parks are unsurprisingly closed with all the rain. Nitro circus is also on at Melbourne Park so parking will be harder to come by there as well.

Rest Cam if he's still not right and play Bill and Coops, as Storming mentioned rest them in the latter half of the season. There'll be plenty of opportunities to do so and given we've got the Friday game this week and the Sunday game next week (albeit over in NZ) there'll be plenty of time for recovery in between. If they do play i'm sure Bellyache will let them out of training until mid next week or so.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Sun says Greenfield is playing
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

I'm sure it's up to Cam on whether he wants to play or not. We have had some fairly big breaks in between games & the Big Three have been given a fair bit of time off training in the past few weeks so they are still defintley getting some rest. Can't wait for tonight, Broncos are my favourite team to play.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Heading off to the game shortly - where is the best place to sit with all of this rain around? I have General Admission membership, but have two guests that will need to purchase theirs - should I upgrade with them and get better seats, or just stick with GA?
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Anyone else here a rumor of Sika making an early return? Not sure ho reliable that is and i cant see it personally but it's what i heard. I'm not sure how GA tickets work these days in regards to areas and things insomniac but if you get in there early enough and can get a spot undercover in GA then i'd just stick with that. Gonna be friggin cold tonight but cant wait!