Player from another team?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Ryan James
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

mattstormy wrote:
Lucas wrote:
mattstormy wrote:I reckon the Storm should look at getting veteran wingers and centres to replace a few players who I am predicting will leave at the end of the year (Danger, Waqa, O'Neill). Outside backs like Colin Best, Luke Burt, Shaun Berrigan and maybe even bring back Luke MacDougall. These would all be handy players to replace these players should they leave and Bellyache would turn their careers around like he has with the veteran forwards he has recruited.
WTF...?
Don't get me wrong, these players may be getting on in age, but the veterans like the ones I mentioned above under Bellyache would be excellent. They are most likely going to get shafted from their clubs soon and if recruited by the Storm, they would end up finishing their careers on a high note, Bellyache would get every little bit out of what they have left to offer and they would have the chance to win a premiership and enjoy the Storm's first class culture. They can't do that if they are recruited by other NSW or QLD clubs.

Also, we also don't need any more forwards, the main squad and the U20s are overflowing with them, so recruiting old outside backs to replace ones most likely to leave the Storm at the end of the year and have Bellyache have them play like 20-25 year olds would be a masterstroke. They would also come with a pretty cheap price as well.
I'd rather chuck Fonua, Solomona, or another U20 player in the deep end than resort to those sort of players. We might lose one, or at worst 2, out of Blair, O'Neill, Nielsen, Waqa and Quinn... but we won't lose all of them! There will be plenty left over to accompany Slater, Chambers and Duffie in the backs.
storma01
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

i would have to say

1: paul gallen
2: frank pritchard
3: todd carney
4: waerea-hargreaves

would be happy with any one of these guys in a storfm jersey
storma01
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

1: paul gallen
2: frank pritchard
3: todd carney
4: waerea-hargreaves
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

gallen yes
pritchard yes
carney no
warea-hargreaves - no, please no!!!!!!!!!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i got the 4 players from other clubs to the storm i followed them while at other teams and was happy they came

3 have gone/going well 1 i now dont like so much anymore lol

Todd Lowrie i like when he played at the eels was happy he came

Brett Finch i loved for years b4 he came to storm

Jason ryles doing fantastic atm

Beau Champion i lovedddddd at the rabbitohs was sooooo happy he came to the storm now i cant stand him

I have my eye on two others atm Darcy Lussick and George Rose...bellache could do so much with Rose

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

rose would be an interesting one, could be a win-win
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Dave Taylor
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Would love to see Taylor and Rose in our jersey. I also think Ben Te`o could be a good addition. Does anyone know if Lagi Setu has been picked up yet?
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

I have a few that I wouldn't mind seeing in purple. Sam Kasiano is off contract at the end of this season and he is just a wrecking ball. George Rose would defintley be a good pick up if we were able to get his signature, he is playing in NSW Cup so he will be keen to leave Many. Don't think we need to buy any backs.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sam burgess or this guy but only if for some reason the game is revolutionised and we have 2 fullbacks lol

storm boy !
Squall
Squall

yes! Sam kasiano is a wrecking ball. Takes 3-4 men to get him down, would love to see the big fella in a purple jersey.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Would Craigs style let him play the same way though. Bromwich has those skills after-all.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

What about Martin Taupau, 23 years old age playing in the NSW Cup, he's a future Kiwis captain no doubt about it and doesn't seem to be able to get any game time at the Bulldogs due to having Tolman, Graham and Kasiano in front of him. He's off contract too, I hope that Bellyache atleast has a play at him.
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Sam Burgess ( if he could stay fit ) or Michael Jennings