Albury Trial

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

lol u got that right guys quinny did get a head knock and didnt even know who his own mate was after the game....his mate came to the game and came to the change rooms to meet him and quinny asked him if he was from melbourne his mate said Quince you know me let go talk was kinda funny in a strange disturbing kinda way
Rory also hurt his leg nothing serious and they gave him drugs to numb the pain but he had an allergic reaction to the pain killer frank barrett was helping him to the bus cause he was shaking after having an injection to stop the reaction

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
STORM MAN
Squall
Squall

Good work Sallymay straight from the locker room.

Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

so hoffy and hinchy scored tries, who else and why was lowrie kicking didn't widdop and kelly play? who was captain?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

hinchy was captian gareth played 1st and second quater winded half way though the second so the took him off kelly played the second and third quaters

As for the kicking i think they were trying out new ppl

STORM MAN
Squall
Squall

Does any one know who were the best players ?

Monsoon
Monsoon

I thought Chambers, Ryles, Hinchcliffe, Hoffman and Tounimapea and I'm pretty sure it was Vave were the stand out's. Kelly and Widdop were pretty average, Blair looked good when shifted to 5/8. Neilsen was very average and i still feel O'Neill is wasted on the wing. On Tounimapea, gee this kid looks like a smart player, i think he will play full-back down the line, heir apparent to Billy perhaps. Overall it was a pretty scrappy hit out, i'm sure when Bill, Coops and Smithy slot back in we will improve 10 fold.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i agree 100% i also think matt mcgahn as well

Sika had a case of drop ball syndrom

Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Trial games are for trialling new combinations, new players, new plays, new strategies, new positions, new game plans.

Different teams approach them differntly...for some teams like the Raiders it's their chance to feel good about themsleves after a below average 2011 season.

Storm would probably have different imperatives.

Trial games count for nothing when the real stuff starts.

Things will be vastly different come round 1.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Only a trial and his first game for the year but I would have liked more positive feedback about Widdop' game.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

1999 wrote:I thought Chambers, Ryles, Hinchcliffe, Hoffman and Tounimapea and I'm pretty sure it was Vave were the stand out's. Kelly and Widdop were pretty average, Blair looked good when shifted to 5/8. Neilsen was very average and i still feel O'Neill is wasted on the wing. On Tounimapea, gee this kid looks like a smart player, i think he will play full-back down the line, heir apparent to Billy perhaps. Overall it was a pretty scrappy hit out, i'm sure when Bill, Coops and Smithy slot back in we will improve 10 fold.
I hope Craig doesnt persist with Danger at center this year at the expence of Will, Justin or Bobby.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

We had two problems duirng the game. We dropped the ball 10 times (Skia 3 times, Ryles 2 times) to their 4 times. We gave away 10 penalties and only got 5, one of those 5 was for an out on the full kick, so we got 4 penalties for the games.

Last year we lost most of the penalty counts and it looks like it has started again this year.

Hoffman played really well and looked like he never left. Widdop was played well but got a VERY heavy knock to a sensitive male area. HE could not stand for quite sometime after the hit. When he came off, he did not come back on.
STORM MAN
Squall
Squall

How did our forwards go against the Raiders Pack -Does Ryles look like producing the goods under Bellamy ? Because thats where i think we lost it last year at the back end of the season. - Thanks for the feedback -

glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

In my opinion and it it only my opinion: Hoffman looked really good, Norrie, Procter and Jessie went well for the time they were on. Michael Greenfield seemed to run hard. Sika could not hold onto the ball. Ryles is a worry to me. He dropped the ball twice. He gave away the first penalty early in the match. He did a few good runs, but no much else. But he did come on and off the ground a few times.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

A better test will be next week's game against the Broncos when Craig will be coaching.
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

They use the new ruck rule in the game that they trial'd in the all stars game?