round 8 team .

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

they boys hate losing twice in a row, their pride will make them step up a level this weekend
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

The 'self review' article in today's Herald Sun was good but doesn't appear to be 'online' ?
Here's a scan of it - Peers Pressure
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Johns
Squall
Squall

Again, a tight game where Quinn is the weak link in our team...

No doubt we'll smash the Knights this week and Quinny will score a couple of tries and all will be forgotten though.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well let's hope Quinn is on his game because Uate can jump and if Quinn gives him an inch...

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image
JF_Storm_Swans
Squall
Squall

heraldsun1 wrote:
StormSergeant wrote: but we will still get a healthy crowd for Saturday's game v Knights.
I doubt if we will get anyone there on Saturday
It will be our regular 12000 odd non doubt.

JF
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

heraldsun1 wrote:
StormSergeant wrote: but we will still get a healthy crowd for Saturday's game v Knights.
RIGHT!

Last warning. Your repeated trolling will not be tolerated.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

TC wrote:
heraldsun1 wrote:
RIGHT!

Last warning. Your repeated trolling will not be tolerated.
That's a bit harsh don't you think?

I mean, afterall he will be at home Sat night watching re-runs and recordings of Friday's Royal wedding. I imagine he expects everyone else to be doing the same :showback: :queen: :king: :bootyshake:
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Bellamy never releases his final team on Tuesday - it is too early to finalise the list.

Apparently O'Neill is injured according to this article - I hope he is back soon!

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/m ... 6046481361
THE physical toll exacted by Monday's loss to the Warriors could leave Melbourne Storm vulnerable tomorrow night, according to Newcastle coach Rick Stone.
Storm was pounded by the big New Zealanders and coach Craig Bellamy conceded some players were still carrying "bumps and bruises".

Melbourne has a five-day turnaround compared with Newcastle's six and, after a convincing second-half rout of the Raiders in Canberra, Stone said confidence levels among the Knights were "pretty high".

"I think they'll be stinging. I don't think they like a loss anywhere and it doesn't make our job any easier. But I am quietly confident (Monday's defeat) has taken a bit out of them physically and emotionally," he said.

"And I think the Warriors definitely showed that running hard through Storm's middle is not as formidable as it used to be, I think everyone is going to take a bit out of that.

"The intensity was there and it was a good tough game but I think both teams are probably feeling a little bit of the effects of that.

"Obviously, it will depend on how much Storm bounce back.

"One thing we're not is intimidated going to Melbourne."

Stone also hinted at an aerial raid after Storm struggled to handle a barrage of high balls, which led to the Warriors' first two tries.

"With our wingers, we are going to have a crack at that," he said.

The Knights' win in Canberra came after big performances from all the outside backs, including wingers Akuila Uate and James McManus, who scored three of their four tries.

Uate, last year's Dally M winger of the year, is in good enough form to warrant a call-up to the Kangaroos, which demands he be kept in check by opposite number Anthony Quinn.

Despite a poor defensive showing by Quinn and fellow winger Matt Duffie on Monday, both have held their spots after Justin O'Neill tore his hamstring in the NSW Cup.

Bellamy was happy to keep faith with the players who lost to the Warriors, hoping a thorough review of the defeat would prevent them from making the same mistakes.

"'They've done a pretty good job, but there were some things not up to standard and we don't need to see a repeat," he said.

bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm freaking worried. The Knights love going to their right to Uate. Whoever's inside Nielsen really has to cut Mullen and Gidley down.
Mullen is very good with the short kicks too.
Someone tell me I shouldn't be worried please :(

StormSergeant
Squall
Squall

The boys don't like losing two games in a row. Reckon on Saturday, the boys will throw the footy around a bit more then they have done in previous. Plus Craig will have had a 'word' to them and they will be fired up from Monday night.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

after his polite chat at half time last week they were fine, just too far behind on the scoreboard. why hasnt anyone said anything about o'niel? but im excited that maybe niko will get his chance!

was duffie lacking in defence last week? he missed a couple of bombs (one a warriors knock on) and that was it wasnt it?
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Looks like a case of 'bring it on Stone' :twisted:
Knights coach Rick Stone predicted the Storm's loss to the Warriors would take its toll physically and mentally, while confidence levels in Newcastle were high after their second-half rout of the Raiders in Canberra.

However Hinchcliffe compartmentalised the Warriors defeat into a poor 20 minutes and said the side had moved on and was feeling upbeat.

"We realise we played 20 minutes in that game where we lacked a bit of commitment and they scored some points ... we're still confident in where we're at," he explained.

"We're still a work in progress and we're building slowly."

He said the team was ready for any aerial assault, with Stone hinting they planned to repeat the Warriors tactics that reaped two of their tries.
source article
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Johns
Squall
Squall

storming wrote:after his polite chat at half time last week they were fine, just too far behind on the scoreboard. why hasnt anyone said anything about o'niel? but im excited that maybe niko will get his chance!
Does anyone know how long O'Neill's out for?

No communication on it whatsoever, except he's not picked in NSW Cup this week.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

This man-love with Quinn has to end. He's much more effective around the middle. Bring in someone who at least can jump and catch.
Niko surely has to get a crack soon, then we have Waqa who is killing it too. They're big boys and can get off the ground.