Billy in the 4N Final / Tournament

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Behind Gidley? Hell no that guy the worst rep player in RL History
Behind Hayne? HE IS A GLORIFIED WINGER
Who he would really be behind at this point,The Count and Dugan
but thats only because he hasnt played enough,i think the injuries
may be a bit,fake and gay just like the "injuries" newcastle used to get
but replace drugs with court case and you have a deal
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

now this is still off topic but im a fan of stewart but i think his absence in the last 2 seasons has dropped him more than you think, hayne will hold his spot and dugan will be next closely followed but coote then stewart might get a look in in the last game after proving himself again in the nrl. the count is no hopeand gidley i think has his spot on the bench. but slater will hold the ozzie fb spot for a couple more years still! 1 rare mistake here and there wont lose it for him.
CentralParkWigan
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Eagle I am not a huge Gidley fan at FB but that does not matter. Selectors / coaches always seem to include him. His versatility probably helps I guess.
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

storming wrote:now this is still off topic but im a fan of stewart but i think his absence in the last 2 seasons has dropped him more than you think, hayne will hold his spot and dugan will be next closely followed but coote then stewart might get a look in in the last game after proving himself again in the nrl. the count is no hopeand gidley i think has his spot on the bench. but slater will hold the ozzie fb spot for a couple more years still! 1 rare mistake here and there wont lose it for him.

Those 2 mistakes were in finals,both didnt lose the game alone but put australia in precarious positions
And im a big fan of The count,his positionally aware and is as hard to tackle as greased up deaf guy
His been at the top of his game since people started thinking when someone said Slater they were talking
of Micheal and told you "your an idiot" for thinking a batsman could play league

I dont get the selectors obsession with Gidley,he was stripped by Thurston twice last series at pivitol parts
of both games,Hayne has only got positional awareness in attack,to easy to find the ground with kicks,Dugan
well im a little scared of him choking to be quiet honest,he has never been in a high pressure situation as his
club team is rather poor,Coote is more a playmaker/five eighth wearing a #1 jersey

Unless Dugan/Stewart show some good form come the seasons start i cant see NSW winning,Hayne will still be
an idiot and the selectors wont go back to Minichello even though he was by far the best NSW had to offer this
year

Slater will still be in green and gold in May,neither of the other candidates will have enough time to stop that
QLD wont replace/wing him as Boyd is in a very good defensive mold,4nations though well thats anyones jersey
at this time

My theory on Slater is why i respect holden even being a ford fan
"Without Holden,ford would be no better than a camry,holden brings the serious competition to keep ford striving
for excellence"

With no true rivals this year,Slater declined alot
Next year though with any luck he'll do something
CentralParkWigan
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

In many respects the fullback position is the one that has changed most in recent seasons. The Count had his day and despite a brave comback is well and truly out of the running. I can see young Graham offering a great deal in future seasons.

Slater is still the man. I do wonder if playing for nothing all season and not playing in the play offs dampened him both enthusiasm / peak sharpness / fitness wise. Other than that the coach's game plan? He still scored a very good try.

For all the circumstance and bad luck on the day Australia could still have won the 4N Final and a week earlier they beat NZ comfortably. Kearney called it right Aus still 1 NZ 2 Daylight a big 3rd and my England :crybaby:
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The Eagle wrote:
storming wrote:now this is still off topic but im a fan of stewart but i think his absence in the last 2 seasons has dropped him more than you think, hayne will hold his spot and dugan will be next closely followed but coote then stewart might get a look in in the last game after proving himself again in the nrl. the count is no hopeand gidley i think has his spot on the bench. but slater will hold the ozzie fb spot for a couple more years still! 1 rare mistake here and there wont lose it for him.

Those 2 mistakes were in finals,both didnt lose the game alone but put australia in precarious positions
And im a big fan of The count,his positionally aware and is as hard to tackle as greased up deaf guy
His been at the top of his game since people started thinking when someone said Slater they were talking
of Micheal and told you "your an idiot" for thinking a batsman could play league

I dont get the selectors obsession with Gidley,he was stripped by Thurston twice last series at pivitol parts
of both games,Hayne has only got positional awareness in attack,to easy to find the ground with kicks,Dugan
well im a little scared of him choking to be quiet honest,he has never been in a high pressure situation as his
club team is rather poor,Coote is more a playmaker/five eighth wearing a #1 jersey

Unless Dugan/Stewart show some good form come the seasons start i cant see NSW winning,Hayne will still be
an idiot and the selectors wont go back to Minichello even though he was by far the best NSW had to offer this
year

Slater will still be in green and gold in May,neither of the other candidates will have enough time to stop that
QLD wont replace/wing him as Boyd is in a very good defensive mold,4nations though well thats anyones jersey
at this time

My theory on Slater is why i respect holden even being a ford fan
"Without Holden,ford would be no better than a camry,holden brings the serious competition to keep ford striving
for excellence"

With no true rivals this year,Slater declined alot
Next year though with any luck he'll do something

Slater will finish his Career as one of if no the best fullback in the last 20-30 years...Stewarts career willbe over next year if he gets injures again. For your teams sake I hope he is injury free and has a good year mate bacause without him or a halfback I think you guys are long odds of making the 8 next year.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Slater was very quiet in the first half. Maybe that shirtfront that knocked him down, and no penalty awarded, knocked the stuffing out of him?? It did take him a while to rise to his feet.
But nonetheless no ball was presented his way. This may have been a result of our forwards being owned by Blair and co all match.
Lockyer was extremely quiet, and maybe he should've retired from rep duties last year as he announced?? Tod Carney would've provided a lot more enthusiasm i'd expect. But hindsight's a wonderful thing - i too would've picked Locky ahead of Carney.
GI was missed! Damn Broncos should've let him represent his country before forcing him to have shoulder surgery.
I hope Lote never represents Australia or Queensland again. He's a has-been.
Coops played a good solid game i thought. He kicked a 40/20, got a few repeat sets, and set up 2 tries. Unfortunately he was the only one chasing any of his kicks after Tate got injured.
Smithy, as always, was fairly much faultless. I'd have liked to see a few of his trademark dummy half runs. Either the kiwis were well coached to prevent this, Sheens coached him not too, or the kiwi markers and forwards didn't allow him opportunity??

But after Bellamy's axing from NSW Blues against an unbeatable QLD side Sheens should definately be axed from the Roos following another defeat against a very beatable New Zealand.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

i agree sheens should go, and he should take lote and lockyer with him! they had a younger side playing the week before and they played a lot better than they did in the final! aussies had more players unavailable through injuries than NZ but they showed they still had enough personnel in the squad to beat them easy and he went back to the old players and they couldnt keep up.

eagle i think dugan has shown enough in city-country and in the finals for canberra this year to be considered for more rep duties, he wont choke, the only thing he needs to do is beef up and he will probably be pushing hayne back out to the wing for NSW
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

storming wrote:i agree sheens should go, and he should take lote and lockyer with him! they had a younger side playing the week before and they played a lot better than they did in the final! aussies had more players unavailable through injuries than NZ but they showed they still had enough personnel in the squad to beat them easy and he went back to the old players and they couldnt keep up.

eagle i think dugan has shown enough in city-country and in the finals for canberra this year to be considered for more rep duties, he wont choke, the only thing he needs to do is beef up and he will probably be pushing hayne back out to the wing for NSW
With luck assisting our back 3 will consist of fullbacks and if the selectors pick an engine room like ours + Lyon NSW should put up a hell of a fight
Gidley needs to never play reps again

We were missing 2 internationals all year and made 8th with some help from Waldron&Co
Add them to back in and QLD cup player of the year as our halfback who by the way has massive wraps
from Lewis and Langer,Without suspensions and injuries,we'll keep our longest current running finals streak going
CentralParkWigan
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

The only thing that concerns me re Dugan is that he needs to take better care of his pet dog.
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

CentralParkWigan wrote:The only thing that concerns me re Dugan is that he needs to take better care of his pet dog.
Yes his defence is a bit poor,letting people get into your tryline is one thing,but in your house....jesus the nerve of him