MELBOURNE VS SOUTH SYDNEY

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Freshy wrote:
BigG wrote:
Freshy wrote: haha that team would turn alot of heads if announced on Tuesday!  :P

I'd go with

1. Billy Slater
2. Justin O'Neill
3. Chase Stanley
4. Greg Inglis
5. Matt Duffie
6. Dane Chisholm
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Sione Kite
9. Cameron Smith (c)
10. Brett White
11. Atelea Vea
12. Sika Manu
13. Adam Blair

14. Rory Kostjasyn
15. Jesse Bromwich
16. Robbie Rochow
17. Pulou Vaituutuu

And we would get smashed
Its not like we're playing for anything now is there? May as well give a few of the younger guys a taste.
Dane!!!
Atelea!!!
Robbie!!!
Pulou!!!

No where near first grade yet
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Yeah theres nothing wrong with throwing them in for a game though. Better to blood them now then wait till next year when the pressure is on again. Besides, if I had it my way, I'd drop the entire FG team down to NSW Cup so we would win lol.

Vea is ready for FG. He spent most of last season playing FG for the Sharkies, barring his injury, he'd be really pushing for a spot.
Stormtrooper9
Squall
Squall

Noa Nadruku wrote:
The Eagle wrote: Im not cocky,im just saying that entire game was diabolical and alot of superstars have a shitload to answer for
Yeah i agree with scriptyx, put a sock in it.

Agreed, Eagle your dreaming if you think your Eagles are going to win the comp. with this playing roster, honestly the lack of experience in the halves is going to cost you blokes later on and your reliance on Jamie Lyon, is going to be the extent of Parramatta with Hayne come the semi-finals. EVERYTHING positive comes when he touches the ball.

On the other hand, I to believe that Vea is ready for first grade, and Widdop, Sione and Danger must all find a place within the team this week.
Last edited by Stormtrooper9 on Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Craig Bellamy: "We ain't going anywhere"
BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Freshy wrote: Yeah theres nothing wrong with throwing them in for a game though. Better to blood them now then wait till next year when the pressure is on again. Besides, if I had it my way, I'd drop the entire FG team down to NSW Cup so we would win lol.

Vea is ready for FG. He spent most of last season playing FG for the Sharkies, barring his injury, he'd be really pushing for a spot.
I'm all for giving the young lads a go, but the 4 players listed above are behind others that are more deserving.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

BigG wrote:
Freshy wrote: Yeah theres nothing wrong with throwing them in for a game though. Better to blood them now then wait till next year when the pressure is on again. Besides, if I had it my way, I'd drop the entire FG team down to NSW Cup so we would win lol.

I'm all for giving the young lads a go, but the 4 players listed above are behind others that are more deserving.
Out of curiousity, whp do u think are more deserving?
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

FRESHY listen to Big RON G he is giving you the inside knowledge ;-)
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

The Eagle wrote: Im not cocky,im just saying that entire game was diabolical and alot of superstars have a shitload to answer for
:lol: :lol: :lol: I reckon Knights fans would be asking the same thing about Manly from the week before.. i watched that game.. sat down.. looking forward to it last monday night.. i love my monday night footy.. and Manly were freakin pathetic.. and well under then the performance that the Storm gave.. so.. Pull your head in moron.
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

So voicing my disapointment in the lack of any effort from the storm makes me a moron?
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Fitness wise Vaea may not be ready but he's up to it, I also think Chisholms form on the wing in NSW Cup was good enough to get him a look-in but theyre obviously not happy with him for whatever reason
storma01
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

personally i would rest billy this week and start hinchcliffe and bring smith off the bench

my team would look like this..

1. inglis
2. o'neill
3. nielsen
4. stanley
5. duffie
6. finch
7. cronk
8. tolman
9. hinchcliffe
10. white
11. manu
12. blair
13. proctor

14. smith
15. lima
16. norrie
17. kite

and when smith comes on i would push hinchcliffe to lock

and the week after i think it would be time to give cronk a week off and see finch at half and widdop at 5/8? could be cool.....
WE ARE THE STORM FROM MELBOURNE TOWN! WE'LL BLOW THE OTHERS OFF THE GROUND, WE ARE THE STORM AND WERE NUMBER "1"
"99" "07" "09" :-)
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

The Eagle wrote: So voicing my disapointment in the lack of any effort from the storm makes me a moron?
an Eagles fan posting on a Storm foum regulary is what makes you a moron.. plus anything else after that just adds to it  :lol: :lol: :lol:

and.. your pointing yoru fingers at us.. when your own team put on a even more dismal display agaisnt the knights..  :lol:
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

simo wrote:
The Eagle wrote: So voicing my disapointment in the lack of any effort from the storm makes me a moron?
an Eagles fan posting on a Storm foum regulary is what makes you a moron.. plus anything else after that just adds to it  :lol: :lol: :lol:

and.. your pointing yoru fingers at us.. when your own team put on a even more dismal display agaisnt the knights..  :lol:
Hey Simo The Eagle is alright.  It is good to have the opinion of other fans.  We don't really have other fans on here apart from blatant trolls like billythekidslater, stormsucks and our good friend hayneheadbutt.  I think you have spent too much time on LU taking pots shots this year and it has made you angry ha ha.  The Bai stand aint like LU thank God.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Mauritian wrote:

Hey Simo The Eagle is alright.  It is good to have the opinion of other fans. 
For me personally i couldn't care less what the opinions of other fans are. That wasn't directed at the Eagle at all because i think he's proved he's certainly not a troll, i'm just talking about opposition fans and their opinions in general. We Storm fans might not always agree with each other on certain things which is just fine but at the same time i respect their opinion because it's every bit as valid as any other supporter of our club. The other fans can say what they want but i can't say it's good because i honestly don't care, especially after the shit we've copped off 99% of them the last few months.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Mauritian wrote:
simo wrote:

Yeah he's alright but telling us we should have sent out our U-20 team is crossing the imaginary troll-line

Hey Simo The Eagle is alright.  It is good to have the opinion of other fans.  We don't really have other fans on here apart from blatant trolls like billythekidslater, stormsucks and our good friend hayneheadbutt.  I think you have spent too much time on LU taking pots shots this year and it has made you angry ha ha.  The Bai stand aint like LU thank God.
Yeah he's alright but telling us we should have sent out our U-20 team out and our stars have a shitload to answer for is crossing the imaginary troll-line
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Noa Nadruku wrote:
The Mauritian wrote:
simo wrote: an Eagles fan posting on a Storm foum regulary is what makes you a moron.. plus anything else after that just adds to it  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah he's alright but telling us we should have sent out our U-20 team is crossing the imaginary troll-line

Yeah he's alright but telling us we should have sent out our U-20 team out and our stars have a shitload to answer for is crossing the imaginary troll-line
I should follow the old MWSE site  Forum 3 days rule
The comments were about a lack of heart and all that,i dont care who it is i hate seeing it
like the eels when theyre little buddy passed away,they dedicated a game to him and played
like a bunch of faggots

I just expected alot more heart from your superstar team than rolling over,i know its hard playing
to lose,i just finished 2 cricket seasons with everything to win,but last day on the grand finals we
were found out as pretenders,i felt like walking off the field same as the other 10 in my team for those
games,truth is we couldnt,we went down worse than a bunch of japanese hookers but we didnt
simply lie down

Having slick moves not stick is very forgivable,sure theyre human,but giving up isnt in the spirit of the
game,no matter which game it is your playing
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler