Thundersquad

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

At last someone has said the right thing.  Looking at things from the Clubs point of view and the members.  Bourban Rat you should email that to the club.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Bourbon Rat wrote: Unfortunately the club & the members,(in general) have differing objectives & views on 'game day in the new stadium'

The Club :
Appears to have an expectation that there will be lots of near capacity games,(with large walk up numbers).

Wants to have as many bums on seats in fixed locations as possible,so it looks good on TV.

Seems to want to control,(or at least organise) the parochial passion that Storm fans are known for.

The average member :
Though willing to pay for an expensive membership,would still like to sit with family & friends that come to game infrequently.If this means moving to an unreserved area so be it.Leaving an empty seat for TV is not high on the list of game day priorities for the average fan.

Took offence at having the ground announcer,(who sometimes had little knowledge of the game) telling them when & how to cheer,so organizing the diverse & passionate groups that occupied OP will be interesting.

Has no faith what so ever in ever getting game coverage at a decent time from the current FTA provider,yet is asked to pander to that providers demands.

I am sympathetic to the club's need for full stadiums,good views on TV,(From channel 9 ?) & a sustainable revenue,but I don't think bludgeoning existing members with a rolled up magazine was the right option.
Here Here!!
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

I agree with Glennb, send that to the club - not likely they will listen tho (since they've done so much research with members...)  ;-)
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!