Who is going to the Forum on Saturday?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

on a monday morning **sigh** really wanted to watch it but id rather not die from lack of sleep at school
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

nacho wrote: on a monday morning **sigh** really wanted to watch it but id rather not die from lack of sleep at school
sickie on monday for me  ;D
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Andy
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I didn't get to go (thought it was today -  do'h)

Anyway, I had a seat in the Western Stand at the Graveyard, where all the corporates and player races were, is the setup the same in the new stadium?  ie.  all on the Western side?

TIA
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Andy wrote: I didn't get to go (thought it was today -  do'h)

Anyway, I had a seat in the Western Stand at the Graveyard, where all the corporates and player races were, is the setup the same in the new stadium?  ie.  all on the Western side?

TIA
I could be wrong but all the focus appears to be on the eastern stand (ie: TV, main part of crowd etc) so I would assume the players would come out on that side or in the corners (a bit like they do at Docklands corners).
Unless anyone else can answer your question you should trying ringing the club I reckon.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I made sure I got my mitts on a microphone good and early and raised serious concerns about Channel 9's incompetence and total disregard for the code.

It seemed to go down pretty well and I do hope that they lock horns good and proper with 9. Given the fact that they're a corporate partner of Storm's, I can honestly see this not happening. :(
Here's me and my new best friend! Sweeeeeeeet!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Hailstorm wrote:
Andy wrote: I didn't get to go (thought it was today -  do'h)

TIA
I could be wrong but all the focus appears to be on the eastern stand (ie: TV, main part of crowd etc) so I would assume the players would come out on that side or in the corners (a bit like they do at Docklands corners).
Unless anyone else can answer your question you should trying ringing the club I reckon.
Looking at the seating plan on the Storm website, in particular, the artist's impression of views from various bays it looks to me that the players would run out on the Western side through the race on the 50 metre line. It looks like the players benches are at the front of bays 26 & 28.

Probably the answer that threw me the most in the Q&A section was regarding the ability of reserved seat members not being able to sit in the general admission area. This answer was given in response to a member that wants to sit with non-members.

If you have a reserved seat, the chances of a guest sitting with or near you are likely to be slim as per the answer given by Matt Hansen, the member then asked if they'd be able to sit with the guest in the GA area then, and the answer was a straight out NO.

So basically if you want to bring guests on occasions and actually sit with them then you go for a GA membership and all sit in that area or buy GA memberships and upgrade every game on game day.

Another strange one was the inability of the membership department to be able to accommodate a reserved area at the new stadium as it was too difficult, despite the fact that they had no trouble doing this at OP with even less seats available.
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Surandy: They do have reserved area at new ground - all GA are reserved area. I have no idea why they could not apply the same to a reserved area in the stands.
I dont think they thought about it to much...

Another good question was why does it cost more to purchase 2 adults seats as opposed to a family membership of 2 adults and 1 child.
The family membership with 3 seats is cheaper than purchasing 2 adult seats....

So every one out there that is purchasing 2 adults seats in any package - purchase a family ticket and have a spare seat and it is still cheaper.
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

I had to laugh at Matt Hansen's belief that Gareth Widdop could be Storm's first Victorian NRL player.  :lol:

Someone must have forgotten to tell Matt that Gareth is English.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Thank you to everyone for updating those of us who couldn't be there, very much appreciated. From the sounds of things it was unsurprisingly a PR exercise to appease what is obviosusly a growing number of disgruntled members, though in saying that i doubt that much, if anything will change from the whole exercise.

Until this year, besides them starting to charge GA members to get in the social club a few years ago i've never been critical of anything the club has done and have always supported it but IMO they've really dropped the ball in a few ways with the new stadium. I have absolutely NO problem with the price rises which were to be expected with the new stadium and don't mind at all paying it but there's really a few more aspects that have really left me asking WTF?

The whole line of "well we've sold 3,000 memberships in 2 weeks" bullshit just doesn't cut it and proves nothing. We've bought those memberships for this year cos we love the club, the players and the coach regardless of the shit conditions they've placed on us. That doesn't for one second mean we agree with some of the crap decisions the suits in the top office have made in regards to memberships and seating just because we'll play out of the new stadium.

I'll step down from my soap box now and say again, thanks for the run down of yesterday guys.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Ice wrote: Thank you to everyone for updating those of us who couldn't be there, very much appreciated. From the sounds of things it was unsurprisingly a PR exercise to appease what is obviosusly a growing number of disgruntled members, though in saying that i doubt that much, if anything will change from the whole exercise.

Until this year, besides them starting to charge GA members to get in the social club a few years ago i've never been critical of anything the club has done and have always supported it but IMO they've really dropped the ball in a few ways with the new stadium. I have absolutely NO problem with the price rises which were to be expected with the new stadium and don't mind at all paying it but there's really a few more aspects that have really left me asking WTF?

The whole line of "well we've sold 3,000 memberships in 2 weeks" bullshit just doesn't cut it and proves nothing. We've bought those memberships for this year cos we love the club, the players and the coach regardless of the shit conditions they've placed on us. That doesn't for one second mean we agree with some of the crap decisions the suits in the top office have made in regards to memberships and seating just because we'll play out of the new stadium.

I'll step down from my soap box now and say again, thanks for the run down of yesterday guys.
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Totally agree with you Ice.
I will also buy our memberships this year but that does not stop me being very angry at the way this has all gone.  I will ALWAYS support the TEAM but the admin seem to have lost the bloody plot when it comes to the people who turn up week in & week out to fill those empty seats!
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
mahoobla
Squall
Squall

In regards to the family memberships being cheaper than 2 adult tickets - my cat is now a paid up and proud member of Melbourne Storm!! Because he's not able to make all the games it means we have a spare ticket for 'guests'.

I must admit it is a clever way of pumping up the membership numbers with these extra members who will never attend a game!!

Julie
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

One thing to ponder with the 'mistake' with family memberships.....the club have now been informed of their unusual attraction to people so they will more than likely 'fix' this next year. If that happens I doubt (could be wrong tho  ;-)) people will renew for a seat they don't use so there is likely to be a whole lot of single seats amongst the reserved members areas......   
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Doesnt take a genius to workk it out - we had 2 adult memberships and took a family instead just because of that 'mistake'. Hope we get to keep the same seats if they do 'fix' it
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

What was said about the after party?
I'd imagine quite a few people complaining about this.
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

storm_rhinos wrote: Doesnt take a genius to workk it out - we had 2 adult memberships and took a family instead just because of that 'mistake'. Hope we get to keep the same seats if they do 'fix' it
I think what Tigger was trying to say was when/if they do 'fix' it for next year, the cost of 2 adult memberships will likely be made cheaper than the family of 2 adults & 1 child you have (and others have or plan to have) bought for the 2010 season. When/if it is 'fixed' will those who bought the family one this year be prepared to spend the extra next year to maintain that seat or will people just opt back to the 2 adult membership? And if its the latter, then there will be single seats available dotted all over the stadium. Now that sounds like a good way to maximise a crowd doesn't it? *sarcastic* (that last comment is about their reasoning for not having a reserved area membership (along the sides) like previous years (even though their same reasoning falls down once again because they've allowed GA (behind the goals) to remain as a reserved area.