Round 4 Good Friday game

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

A good promotional idea from the Storm to offer a free entry for a child u/15 with a GA Admission Ticket, however the cheapest price for GA Ticket is $32.65 which to me sounds a bit expensive.

Just on Ch.9, I can't believe they are showing the game live against the gate.  We really need it on delay here in Melbourne to get more people to the game.

In fact, I would not be surprised if it was shown at midnight.  I don't trust Ch.9 one bit and they chop and change their scheduling of rugby league at a whim.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

CooperCronk wrote:In fact, I would not be surprised if it was shown at midnight.  I don't trust Ch.9 one bit and they chop and change their scheduling of rugby league at a whim.
They actually listed it initially as being shown at 11pm, then they changed it to being televised live at 2pm once the printed tv guides were released.
VIC
Squall
Squall

I've just checked the ELECTRONIC TV GUIDE on Nine MSN - the game is still schedued for 11pm and not 2pm....

If it is shown live on Channel 9, let's view that as a positive because:-

1. Ok, crowd numbers will be down but we all know why.......it's glaringly obvious
2. The Storm club gets to benefit from the extra cashola from Channel 9!
3. Good Friday, no AFL, everything is closed, it's drop dead boring, nothing to do, nothing to watch........SO EXTRA attention, promotion for the Storm. Afterall, it is FTA TV that the Storm badly needs to help further promote itself in Melbourne - even if it means 5,000 or so less people!

So let's view it as a good thing, and actually thank Channel 9!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

VIC wrote:So let's view it as a good thing, and actually thank Channel 9!
I'll thank them if they show it live and back it up with a live telecast the following Friday.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Winners

Melbourne Storm
1. Billy Slater
2. Luke MacDougall
3. Dane Nielsen
4. Greg Inglis
5. Anthony Quinn
6. Brett Finch
7. Cooper Cronk

8. Aiden Tolman
9. Cameron Smith
10. Jeff Lima
11. Adam Blair
12. Kevin Proctor
13. Todd Lowrie

14. Ryan Hinchcliffe
15. Hep Cahill
16. Ryan Tandy
17. Jesse Bromwich
18. Bryan Norrie

Serial Chokers

1. Darius Boyd
2. Brett Morris
3. Beau Scott
4. Matt Cooper
5. Jason Nightingale
6. Jamie Soward
7. Ben Hornby ©
8. Matt Prior
9. Luke Priddis
10. Michael Weyman
11. Jeremy Smith
12. Ben Creagh
13. Dean Young
14. Jon Green
15. Nick Emmett
16. Dan Hunt
17. Jarrod Saffy
Last edited by noa nandruku on Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

According to todays Sydney Morning Herald the game will not be televised live into Meloburne.  It will still go to air in Sydney at 4.00pm, but will not be seen in Melbourne until 11.00pm.  The paper states this is all Melbourne Storms fault.

I checked on online guide and this states the new televised times.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

In todays Herald Sun the "Switched On" section (formerly known as The Guide) says it will in fact be shown live in Melbourne from 2pm.

Edited to add that because the Storm didn't want it clashing with the GF appeal being televised at the same time they requested it be shown later.
Last edited by Ice on Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

For everyones Info the Foxtel TV electronic guide has the game on at 11:00pm.
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

They announced on SEN that 9 had made a programming change, and decided to show a religious movie instead during the afternoon
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Same old.

Yet Ch.9 are saying Storm and News Ltd. requested the change :?
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

NRL On Fux tonight stated that the Fox Sports replay of this game won't be shown until 1am, last time I looked at the EPG it was listed as being replayed at 6pm.

What a lima lima lima duck up broadcast arrangement for this game from all concerned!!!
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

So is the game on at 2pm on TV or not? lol.. who the hell knows!!

Cant get to tomz game.. so will be watchin Win (country vic) to see if its on at 2.
If not. Fox Sports replayin it at 6pm.
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Surandy wrote: NRL On Fux tonight stated that the Fox Sports replay of this game won't be shown until 1am, last time I looked at the EPG it was listed as being replayed at 6pm.

What a *LIMA LIMA LIMA DUCK!*ed up broadcast arrangement for this game from all concerned!!!
so its not on at 6? i dont know when this game is on.. 9 or fox.. absolutly ridiculous.
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Melbourne's Friday grows bright
Whilst St George's turns dire
As a freshening Storm
Quells the Dragons fire
a bargain made.a forfeit payed.let it be played
:swav:
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

simo wrote:
Surandy wrote: NRL On Fux tonight stated that the Fox Sports replay of this game won't be shown until 1am, last time I looked at the EPG it was listed as being replayed at 6pm.

What a *LIMA LIMA LIMA DUCK!*ed up broadcast arrangement for this game from all concerned!!!
so its not on at 6? i dont know when this game is on.. 9 or fox.. absolutly ridiculous.
Who the hell knows?

I just checked the Foxtel EPG and the game is listed as being replayed on Fox Sports 2 at 6pm and then again at 1am. I am soooooooooooo glad this is a home game as I would hate to have to rely on trying to work out exactly when it'll be shown on TV.