2009 Nein TV Coverage

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

CC, I'd be surprised if Nine get the AFL ever again....since James has pulled out his money they are going backwards really fast, in fact I've heard they are close to off loading the 2012 Olympics because they can't afford it.

On the new digital FTA channels, Nine haven't released what they are doing with it yet and if it is under the same programming arrangements where each State can choose what they want then Len Downes at GTV Melbourne wont put League on, he hates it, if the programming is from Sydney...then we have a change, but remember the new channels don't have to come into effect until 2013 by law so Nine could take their time a sports channel and only Ten have announced what they are doing so far re the digital channels
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Stormwarning[c] wrote: CC, I'd be surprised if Nine get the AFL ever again....since James has pulled out his money they are going backwards really fast, in fact I've heard they are close to off loading the 2012 Olympics because they can't afford it.

On the new digital FTA channels, Nine haven't released what they are doing with it yet and if it is under the same programming arrangements where each State can choose what they want then Len Downes at GTV Melbourne wont put League on, he hates it, if the programming is from Sydney...then we have a change, but remember the new channels don't have to come into effect until 2013 by law so Nine could take their time a sports channel and only Ten have announced what they are doing so far re the digital channels
Well you might just be spot on with the afl bit, though I did read, before we had this financial downturn, they definately were wanting the rights back...so Eddie said ;D

I thought it was Les Downes at GTV, anyway, I did manage to speak to him one day.  He told me to follow afl and I wouldn't have a problem with tv programming........I was quite furious with him to say the least.  No one can tell me that Ch.9 in Melbourne won't put on our games earlier because of ratings, its a crap excuse....what it is, they hate league, wanted the tv rights and I wouldn't be surprised if they are thick with the afl. :P
pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Who is this Les Downes Clown (hay that ryhmes)  :D
Someone should post a pic of this clown so I know who to %(#(@*. Only kidding, with all this financial downturn, sports that have been over-extending themselves will be suffering huge problems.
And to think I was a bit annoyed of the salary cap concept.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Wish someone would post a pic of him...I would print it out and throw darts at it after what he said to me.  :lol:
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

CooperCronk wrote: Wish someone would post a pic of him...I would print it out and throw darts at it after what he said to me.  :lol:
Take your pick.

We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

TC wrote:
CooperCronk wrote: Wish someone would post a pic of him...I would print it out and throw darts at it after what he said to me.  :lol:
Take your pick.

How cute are these photos.
Didgi
Squall
Squall

CooperCronk wrote:
Cronk7 wrote: When they launch their 2nd HD channel,I'm pretty sure all free to air channels are launching atleast one,I'd say more rugby will be shown there.I hope anyway!
Hey, I keep forgetting about that HD Channel!  But I still don't trust Ch.9.  I am also sure that I heard the ESL is going to be shown on their HD channel, so maybe that's all we will get.
Is that the "Freeview - 14 Free digital channels"? Surely League would be showed on one of them at a reasonable time for Melburnians. Maybe there would be even more than the 3 games/round in QLD & NSW.

Didgi.

P.S: This is what an image search of google brought up:

[color=#0000FF]COW[/color][color=#FFFF40]BOYS[/color]
Silkin Storm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

TC hes not that cute
Don't Leave it to Fate
She's a Fickle Bitch
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Silkin Storm wrote: TC hes not that cute
Maybe I should have found a toad picture instead.

We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Didgi wrote:
CooperCronk wrote:
Cronk7 wrote: When they launch their 2nd HD channel,I'm pretty sure all free to air channels are launching atleast one,I'd say more rugby will be shown there.I hope anyway!
Hey, I keep forgetting about that HD Channel!  But I still don't trust Ch.9.  I am also sure that I heard the ESL is going to be shown on their HD channel, so maybe that's all we will get.
Is that the "Freeview - 14 Free digital channels"? Surely League would be showed on one of them at a reasonable time for Melburnians. Maybe there would be even more than the 3 games/round in QLD & NSW.

Didgi.

P.S: This is what an image search of google brought up:

So please confirm this is Les Downes, I want to photocopy it for my dart board (lol)
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

That pic is not him.....it is LEN DOWNES at GTV Nine.

The bloke hasn't had an idea for years (apart from League) here is one of his view points
it is widely acknowledged that women tend to "control the remote", as Nine's head of programming Len Downes says. And unlike cinema — where the core audience is understood to be teenage boys — more women than men tend to watch telly.
And they wonder why they have gone from being number one to just holding on to spot two.

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
Didgi
Squall
Squall

Stormwarning[c] wrote: That pic is not him.....it is LEN DOWNES at GTV Nine.

The bloke hasn't had an idea for years (apart from League) here is one of his view points
it is widely acknowledged that women tend to "control the remote", as Nine's head of programming Len Downes says. And unlike cinema — where the core audience is understood to be teenage boys — more women than men tend to watch telly.
And they wonder why they have gone from being number one to just holding on to spot two.
I thought LEN DOWNES was who you wanted ???
[color=#0000FF]COW[/color][color=#FFFF40]BOYS[/color]
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Len Downes is the bloke from GTV Nine.

The pix is of a bloke by the name of LES Downes (and I think he is from NZ)

CC. Freeview will be a good opportunity for League, but as I mentioned, there is no law saying Nine have too show it. even once Freeview starts
Also Nine haven't decided what they are doing re Freeview, only Ten have said they are doing a sports channel from mid this year.
Nine's trouble at the moment more than likely wont see them do anything on Freeview until they really have too (around late 2010) and after the others have shown their hand a little more.

CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Stormwarning[c] wrote: Len Downes is the bloke from GTV Nine.

The pix is of a bloke by the name of LES Downes (and I think he is from NZ)

CC. Freeview will be a good opportunity for League, but as I mentioned, there is no law saying Nine have too show it. even once Freeview starts
Also Nine haven't decided what they are doing re Freeview, only Ten have said they are doing a sports channel from mid this year.
Nine's trouble at the moment more than likely wont see them do anything on Freeview until they really have too (around late 2010) and after the others have shown their hand a little more.
Thanks Stormwarning, my mistake, I thought the guy from Ch.9 was Les Downes.....how do we get a photo up of him...probably being stupid here, but its just a bit of fun.
I did actually manage to speak to Downes, and am sure the receptionist said Les....

I have foxtel on so I am not that concerned about league into my loungeroom, but more concerned about what Ch.9 aren't doing for league supporters or even supporters of sport in Victora.

Ta..to everyone.
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

CC, I was the same, thought it was Les, until I met the bloke and got a letter from him saying Len.

But either way you want to say it the bloke is still a DILL. (haven't been able to find any photo of him anywhere)