memberships 09

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

depends if they want to put GA members more side on or still around the end lines
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Country and Interstate memberships too... looks like some good options there!

Cronk7
Monsoon
Monsoon

Im signing up as a new member in 09,so if anyone wants me to list them for the storm chaser thing,PM me with your name and membership number for the form  :D
Its all fun and games til someone gets kicked in the head...
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

BR the 3rd level isn't a bad area. Don't think of it like the Dome as it's a shite load better. The 2nd level are boxes.

GA members if not placed on the 3rd level will be lower level behind goals.

You just have a look at what most of the other clubs do and what areas they allocate for 'away' supporters and 'walk ups' to see what the club will be reviewing for 2010.

The other thing to wait for will be May/June when Victory release their packages and seating plan.

Again, looking at the blueprints I still think GA members will be on the 3rd level from the around the 10 or goal line.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

http://www.a-league.com.au/site/_conten ... source.wmv

Dont know if anyone has posted this already, but the website is a video of the new stadium.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

steaming stormer wrote: Country and Interstate memberships too... looks like some good options there!
They've finally listened!
Downgraded my membership this year from a full GA member to the country membership. Suits my needs much 'betterer'.
2012 premiers. Legit.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Which is the area my group has occupied for 11 seasons,(even the calamitous season at Colonial)

11 years of standing/sitting at the fence,near the back corner of the field has always been a good spot for us & now it looks like we not only have to remain seated for every game,(I haven't forgotten being told standing & cheering was NOT allowed at Colonial), but also elevated & removed from the field  ???
For us that's a retrograde step  :(
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

how do you figure remjoved from the field?? It's a rectangle stadium with no running track!  I'd be surprised if there's not GA behind the goal line... but seriously, it's not going to be Olympic Park... it's going to be better!  There will be some changes though, it's a fact of life

Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

how do you figure removed from the field??
From all the pics,projections,fly throughs I've seen the 2nd tier,(3rd level) would be an equal or greater distance from the field than the top terrace of the current GA at Olympic Park.

There are many pluses for the club,the sport & the fans in a rectangular field & modern stadium,since most sports fans in Melbourne are spoilt & enjoy their creature comforts  :twisted: This is one of those "changes for the better" that old style terrace rats like me have to accept. It doesn't mean I have to like it  ;-)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Cant wait for the new stadium. Fully enclosed (except roof of course) should keep the wind chill down. Some games this year I almost froze to death.
No matter where we sit we will be heaps closer. Look at Skilled park stadium on the gold coast, it is about 5k capacity smaller so kind of similiar. I'm pretty sure GA is at the ends of the ground there, the away supporters bay definitely was this year.
I am wondering how storm man will have to adjust his game. Then again the suzuki quad has nobby tires! if they still sponser in 2010.
The attendence should go up just because of the improved facilities, i.e being able to get a drink without missing half the game. imagine 20k on a regular basis. we have good ambience now at an open stadium, imagine with all the sides covered in.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

:D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ i just hope when the stadium does open the footy show comes and does a show live from melbourne
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

sallymay wrote: :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ i just hope when the stadium does open the footy show comes and does a show live from melbourne
I think they did one from the skilled park stadium last year or year before.
It would be nice, I really enjoy the NRL footy show.
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bourbon Rat wrote:
Which is the area my group has occupied for 11 seasons,(even the calamitous season at Colonial)

11 years of standing/sitting at the fence,near the back corner of the field has always been a good spot for us & now it looks like we not only have to remain seated for every game,(I haven't forgotten being told standing & cheering was NOT allowed at Colonial), but also elevated & removed from the field  ???
For us that's a retrograde step  :(
I understand and know what you mean BR, have tried to fish some information out and with the video link pauliedude posted am just modifying it to show what I have found out so far and from what is on the blue prints. Should have it completed later this morning and will post once done.

There is a very good chance the while it is a 'seated' stadium you still might get your corner area.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

pauliedude wrote:
sallymay wrote: :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ i just hope when the stadium does open the footy show comes and does a show live from melbourne
I think they did one from the skilled park stadium last year or year before.
It would be nice, I really enjoy the NRL footy show.
I heard somewhere that Ch9 were cutting costs and there may be no more sydney footy show
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Damn! Premium memberships up 10% in price this year!  :x

Looks like I might have to give some serious thought to downgrading my membership.