The media saying its the end of a era but I'm not so sure

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
STORM 2007
Squall
Squall

End of an era? I'd say no because just look at the talent we still have at the club. The worry is in the forwards. Our forward pack isn't particularly big which is a concern but i'd expect Adam Blair to have a great season next year plus i believe we're recruited well so we should have enough numbers.

Thing i'd worry about is the team coming back again. It did it last year after losing to the Broncos but to make a fourth straight grand final is going to be extremely difficult. Pre season will be crucial Craig needs to get the loss out of the system early on and we need a good start. I'd expect teams like Cronulla and Brisbane to be strong next year and teams like Parramatta and the Cowboys can only get better.

We've got too many good players to not make the four next year.
stormy bill
Squall
Squall

Lets stay positive here folks ! We were supposed to fold after 99 when Lazo and T left it didn't happen then and it won't happen now.The ball is in the supporters court to show our team we want them here as much as ever.We waited to long for our own team to start bagging them after a GF lose.So lets all renew our memberships and look forward to next year to the best thing on Melbourne's sporting calender.
What we do today will echo in eternity
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Nothing to suggest we can't make the top 4, let alone win it next year.  Any side that has quality players like we do in key positions will be hard to beat.

Hooker:  Cam Smith
Half:  Cooper Cronk
Fullback:  Billy Slater
5/8 or Centre: GI

We welcome back a fit and healthy Will Chambers, plus a whole host of hungry, more experience younger players with a new challenge ahead of them.  Depth is a concern for sure, but there's plenty of upside in the 09 team.

1.  Slater
2.  Turner
3.  Quinn/Tolmane
4.  Chambers
5.  B. Anderson/Quinn
6.  Inglis
7.  Cronk
8.  White
9.  Smith
10. Lima
11. Manu
12. Hoffman
13. Johnson

14.  Hinchcliff
15.  S. Anderson
16.  Tolman
17.  Blair

You can't be favourites for ever - and next year we won't be.  But we wont miss the 8 - far from it. 
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Great post Diehard. We will slip a little next year. I can see us finishing 4th or 5th at the end of the home and away season. Dragons will improve and the Cowboys, under Neil Henry, will improve heaps.
We'll make the finals. And that's really all you can hope for at the start of the season.
One thing is for sure. I have enjoyed my two seasons as a full fledged member and will be renewing mine again as soon as the renewal form comes in the post. I love the feeling of solidarity at Olympic Park with 98% of everyone there barracking for the same side as mine. AFL lost me about three years ago. I have self-taught myself the rules of rugby league to the point now where I can hold my own in a conversation with anyone about it.
And bring on 2010 when the new stadium is up and ready. I believe the gawk factor will be huge and plenty of newbies will come along for a look. Hopefully they all decide to come back again.
2012 premiers. Legit.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

he wont bring a bad name to our club off the field, maybe on the field he might fire up but weve got a great record with players who dont have a great past
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

It IS "The end of an era",but as usual the Sydney sporting pulp writers,(not worthy of the name journalist) have no real understanding of the term  :roll:

With the retirement of our last foundation player it IS "The end of an era" & what an era it was  ;-)
The remaining leadership group & those that will be joining it next season form an imposing core.
The youth coming through,(those not stolen by other clubs lacking their own youthful talent  :twisted: ) already have many examples to follow & should gel quickly.
If the northern muppets can't see the germination of our second era then more fool them  ;D
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Diehard_Storm wrote: Nothing to suggest we can't make the top 4, let alone win it next year.  Any side that has quality players like we do in key positions will be hard to beat.

Hooker:  Cam Smith
Half:  Cooper Cronk
Fullback:  Billy Slater
5/8 or Centre: GI

We welcome back a fit and healthy Will Chambers, plus a whole host of hungry, more experience younger players with a new challenge ahead of them.  Depth is a concern for sure, but there's plenty of upside in the 09 team.

1.  Slater
2.  Turner
3.  Quinn/Tolmane
4.  Chambers
5.  B. Anderson/Quinn
6.  Inglis
7.  Cronk
8.  White
9.  Smith
10. Lima
11. Manu
12. Hoffman
13. Johnson

14.  Hinchcliff
15.  S. Anderson
16.  Tolman
17.  Blair

You can't be favourites for ever - and next year we won't be.  But we wont miss the 8 - far from it. 
No Arana Taumata? (sp)

I think we will see GI shift back to centre...he seemed to play more footy there this year then last year and didnt really play to the best of his abilities, weather that was due to the position im not sure. Quinn for sure gets the wing spot over Anderson and Tomane. Quinny does have some defensive issues but i think he had a strong year and know that Bellyache also thought he had a superb year. Centres will be GI and Chambers IMO.

White needs to pull his finger out or he will miss the run on squad altogether! I guess we will have to wait and see during pre-season how Hinchcliffe goes but ild assume he pretty much has a spot on the bench for sure.  I agree with tolman on the bench but still iffy on Scott Ando. Manua will also be in the running for crack at a bench spot. Same as Proctor and Fenene.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I put this this post in another thread, but it may be better suited to this thread ,

If there was a bit of good news on the weekend for me,

On the sun night drowning my sorrows in a bar , I got talking to a couple of bulldog fans, decent blokes they were, and they raved over Taumata,and what a bargain we have,

They said if you can sort his off field rubbish , you have a freak of a player, after seeing him for only 5 games they thought he was going to be their best 6 since Terry Lamb,and said he  has  x factor similiar to  benji marshall.

Fingers Crossed, it could make up for the loss of Izzy, if Inglis returns to centre, and Tomane can also live up to his potential,I rate tomane as being more  natural centre potential than Chambers, who may be better suited to wing IMO , but its not  all doom and gloom as far as I'm concerned.

I like the look of this backline , it looks fresh and exciting, I will give the forwads more thought another time.

1. Slater
2. Quinn
3.Inglis
4. Tomane/Chambers
5.Turner/Chambers
6.Taumata
7.Cronk

I found this on you tube.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=BS4i0EzJU ... re=related
Go the Allblacks, Richmond , and the mighty Storm