Big Izz a true legend

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
STORM 2007
Squall
Squall

Izzy was by far our best performer. Very sad seeing him go i just hope he returns one day its obvious he loves the club.
Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Noa Nandruku wrote: Manus alot quicker then Issy, plus by the time he's finished growing he'll be 3-4 inches taller then Manu. Lack of agility will really find you out in the centers, the hardest position on the field when it comes to defence.
He finds it difficult playing defence at centre, and it could get worse as he gets bigger,although he did a great job on Matai ,

I think his best position at the moment is wing, thats where he will continue to get picked for QLD and Aus.

But it did'nt suit us(Storm ) to play him there because of the balance of our player strength.
Go the Allblacks, Richmond , and the mighty Storm
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

mb09 wrote: I'm convinced that Izzy is not really keen to leave & I hope after 2 years at the Broncos he may use his get out clause & return to the Storm.
I reckon he's having 2nd thoughts as well. I think it finally  hit him after the siren on Sunday night. This is it. Am I doing the right thing? Everyone has to remember he's just a kid. Good luck Israel.
2012 premiers. Legit.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

What everyone's forgetting is that he'll have at least 2 years to make "friends", which of course he will, plus he'll have his family on his doorstep, once he eventually moves out of his parent's house that is.  2 years of bonding with his new teammates is plenty of time to heal any wounds from any possible regret that his parents made the wrong decision for him.  He is gone, and he aint coming back.  Move on people.

On the positive, at least it's one more headache for Brisbane come Origin time...
Bullets
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

oh i bet he will make the friends, the broncos players will introduce him to the Brisbane nightlife in no time.
[img]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/Yeungy01/Stormcopy.jpg[/img]
http://s13.zetaboards.com/The_Colosseum/index/ - The Colosseum - Arena of Entertainment
CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Noa Nandruku wrote:
Bullets wrote:
Stormwarning[c] wrote: Not sure about the best on ground IMO but I do wish him all the best,.....legend? in only his second season? can we give him a few more years before he gets to that level.

I think the words Legends and Champions are thrown around to quick to todays sports people.
Name one player that was better for us then Izzy yesterday? the kid did just about everything possible to get us on some sort of roll yesterday and yeah like someone above said i counted two times in the game where he was clearly checked running through for one of them kicks. Can't believe people think its too much of a advantage putting bombs into the corners these days, its not very often anymore you can even challenge the ball without being stopped by a defender.

He's got all the makings of a player that if is not destroyed by injury will go down as one of the greats. He's what? 20 next year? look what he has already done. He is also going to another very good team to grow even more. I dunno how we will be shutting him down when we play Brisbane next year  ???
He's now 6"6", probaly will get to 6"7-8" and 110 kg+. He'll be in the back-row by 2010. Teams with an offseason to work on things will really target him in the centers.
Izzy will never be a backrowwer. :roll:
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

There was a rumour on here awhile ago about Izzy apprently only going to Brisbane for a year then getting out of his contract and coming back....
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Andy
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Sad too see you go Izzy, I liked the way you played from the practice match at the start of 2007 against the Broncows.

Good luck (but not against the Storm!)
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

He seemed our most dangerous player - although didn't always make the right decision.  I'm sure we were all frustrated when all we seemed to do is put up the high ball, and our players were run off the ball, but we didn't have any great field position the whole game to put in any other good options.
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in