Greg Inglis to Wigan 2009?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

the difference is matt kind started his career late and went to the UK to become secure, inglis was on a million dollar contract when he was 18. Besides why would he swap the relaxed lifestyle of melbourne and Brsbane with his family for the hole that is wigan  in with the pie munchers....no chance. First thing Kingy would be saying is stay at home!
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

AlexWigan wrote: Money talks mate. He could make a fortune in England for just two seasons, before going back to Australia still in his early twenties yet financially much better off.

With Matt King possibly on his way back to Melborune, it might just add more fuel to the rumour.  :)
Inglis would get even more homesick than King.

You have no idea.
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Let's see...............

Choose Super League

Put up with the weather
Get abused by his own teams fans for not performing to THEIR expectations
Risk injury or burn out due to long schedule & 'aggressive' tackling techniques
Have to rely on people & a system you don't know to care for your health & welfare
Be totally separated from the extended family unit,(important to G I)

Up against.........
Bucketloads of money,(which will have to be protected from enthusiastic tax men in TWO hemispheres)

Opportunity to travel to Europe,(well when you play the French or co for 'warm weather' training)

Or you can stay where you are
Play under possibly the worlds best coach
Play S.O.O
Play for the Kangaroos
Take holiday weekends in places warmer,nicer & vaster than Europe

Hmm.............................Tough Call  ;-)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
coupy73
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

These types of stories are all over UK rugby, Fans on the rovers forum a few weeks ago were saying that Cronk was moving across there in 2009. People in the know were saying it was a 'done deal' and he was on his when. Then rovers signed Dobson from Canberra on a 3 year contract and its all gone quiet. The best I think wigan can hope for is a contract to say they get irst bite of the cherry ('n' whites) if he does decide to go to england in the future.
just my opinions......critique them, don't criticise me!!!