Storm man costume

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Maybe that's what the club want - for us to put up such a noise about 'new' Storm man so they can totally scrap him and just have Boom........makes you think don't it?  :scratch:
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Tigger wrote: Maybe that's what the club want - for us to put up such a noise about 'new' Storm man so they can totally scrap him and just have Boom........makes you think don't it?  :scratch:
Conspiracy theory, Tigger?  :o
Andy
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Dani_ wrote: Looked like a penis  :)

;D
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

jellyhead wrote:
Tigger wrote: Maybe that's what the club want - for us to put up such a noise about 'new' Storm man so they can totally scrap him and just have Boom........makes you think don't it?  :scratch:
Conspiracy theory, Tigger?  :o
Always Jellyhead, always....... :badgrin:
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

The 'original' Storm man costume,(refer to the official team logo) was an excellent design,but was changed for the millennium season ?,which turned out to be not so good on an undersized Storm man.
Whether we 'the fans' like the new 10 year costume or not the club has already indicated,(pink/purple caps,etc) that it has EVERY intention of removing a very marketable brand & set of colours in favour of the pink/purple combo & stylized Titans warrior costume,(yes some of us DID recognise the helmet). This is in my humble opinion a HUGE mistake !
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
lotti

it might have been just a 10th birthday thing, classic Storm man could be back for the Knights game.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
Mini Chick
Squall
Squall

Oh, wasn't it hideous?! Various comments from our mates - 'not storm man, rather a lavender pooncey boy', the 'praying mantis' and 'his helmet looks like an upside down salad bowl', and it's a bit 50's sci-fit too.

Very unhappy about it - the colour, styling, bad padding - and if he's going to be pink then why a different helmet colour to the rest of his suit? Wonder if the club has had lots of complaints....
And, yes Storm man needed a new suit (it was a bitt old and tatty) but not THAT!
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Here's another conspiracy theory for ya'll

How many people have noticed that the 'Victorian' component of our colours is being eroded??  The dark blue is all but gone!  The blue was chosen to represent Victoria and now it's gone ........ are we moving??  :-k :-$

The yellow has virtually disappeared, the dark purple has turned pinkish - it's all so sad  :crybaby:
lotti

no we're not, the blue is still there Tigger or haven't you noticed the colour of our home jersey?
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Did you notice lotti that I said 'all but gone'?  I guess not......
AAS
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Dani_ wrote: Looked like a penis  :)

Well can we put a rubber on it, ram it up David Gallop's clacker.
DEAR STORMWARING(C), PLEASE LEAVE!!!

THANKS FROM THE AASHOLE OF THE BAI STAND
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I'm a fuddy duddy at 27?
Stormin North Queanbeyan!
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Someone must have been stoned, watched ghostbusters, and then thought the stay puff marshmallow man would be a good new mascot.....
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
Blitzkrieg
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

No offence to our beloved Storm Man, but it looked to me like someone tried to strangle The Elephant Man (I don't know where I came up with that! ;-) :mrgreen:)

I guess that comment makes me an old fuddy-duddy then - in my mid-30's :P

There were plenty of negative comments from folks around where I was sitting. So they must be old fuddy-duddies too - and some of them were a lot younger than me!  :?

[old man voice]Back in my day, sonny, we didn't have all these new fangled mascot costumes...in fact we didn't even have mascots...[/old man voice] :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:
Last edited by Blitzkrieg on Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Silkin Storm wrote: This is the email I just sent off to the club

To whom ever is in charge of marketing & responsible for this abomination you should be shot.

It is an ugly over padded  marshmallow suit  that has awful colouring too.

I don't know who you opinion tested this thing on but I can let you know this family thought it was  a mistake & didn't represent the brand of storm.

Bring back the old colouring & costume style if wanted with a newer styled hood.

all in all a mistake that should have not happened in our opinion

The Yeoman Family
this is  incuding the opiniions of my 10 yr old & 5 yr old
Bring back the 4 wheeler also. :D
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si