My First Ever.... Storm Away Game

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Katus

my first ever storm away game was this year at suncorp - storm lost ( can't remember score) but remember seeing some of the players after the game which was good :) - unfortunately matt king didn't come out. :(
Rabble_1
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

My first away game was actually the Grand Final in '99. Soemthing I will never forget especially the look on people's faces as I walked thru both Melb & Syd airports with my face painted.
If ants are such busy workers,
how come they find time to go to all the picnics?
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Rabble_1 wrote:My first away game was actually the Grand Final in '99. Soemthing I will never forget especially the look on people's faces as I walked thru both Melb & Syd airports with my face painted.
LOL, i watched that from home, if i remember correctly it was raining out Penrith way, i was glued to my screen, Great game :D
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
girvie
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

At the end of 1999 i watched the Storm played the Bears at North Sydney Oval. The Bears won. I remember there were quite a few Storm supporters there. Did anyone else from here go that day?
www.mightybears.com

www.northsydneybears.com.au
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

A very very wet (it was the worst weather I have seen Storm play in) Saturday the 14th of March 1998.

After being in Brisbane for the Australian Schools Environmental Awards the week before and flying up with the Storm players on the same flight (I had no idea until 'T' wanted my paper) A number of players suggested I go to this traditional ground in Wollongong.

It bucketed down all night, the ground was only half full (can't remember the crowd number) and I watched Hill slid (although I like to think....belly surfed) what seemed 15 meters to score the winning try.

I'll never forget two of the players walking over towards to 'waterfall' hill to clap the three Storm supporters sitting there in the rain with their flags and wearing their gear.

It was even better when a Sydney junro asked why would someone from Melbourne be following Rugby League.

Memories I'll treasure forever and means the same to me as the 99 Grand Final
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
lotti

Rabble_1 wrote:My first away game was actually the Grand Final in '99. Soemthing I will never forget especially the look on people's faces as I walked thru both Melb & Syd airports with my face painted.
I was banished to the garage for that game my parents were going for the Dragons and since they know how I get with Melbourne and Manly games(funny I didn't get like that at OP) they sent me to the other tv with pay tv.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!