Round 4 - Sharks vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Agreed
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Yep - add me to the list of those surprised by the omission of Brandon Smith. He has lit it up every time he has pulled on the Storm jersey. Aggressive out of dummy half. Super in defence ( thanks for coming , Coen Hess). Love Kenny, love Hoffy, love Craig , love everybody.. am just surprised, that is all !
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

We don’t need 3 props on the bench. I’m all for replacing someone on the bench with Smith, even if it’s Kenny that makes way. Smith has a bit of an X-factor about him, his first involvement in the Cowboys game he forced a mistake out of Hess.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

He isn't omitted.

Yet.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

I think it is a real danger game for us. I am not sure we are playing that well. We have been flattered in two wins by late tries. All our games so far have had lots of mistakes on both sides. We need to get about our business by getting through our sets repeatedly and no missed tackles. Forwards need to be on song and full of energy and effort. Shark Park will be packed on a Good Friday.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/03/27/cro ... 4-preview/

It's a 2016 grand final rematch as the Cronulla Sharks go head-to-head against the Melbourne Storm.

The Storm returned to the winners circle after a round three victory over the Cowboys but will be sweating on the fitness of Kenny Bromwich. The Sharks meanwhile are off the mark for 2018 after defeating the winless Parramatta Eels last week, but face a step up in class here

Key match-up: Billy Slater v Josh Dugan. The Storm fullback bounced back against the Cowboys after a below-par game and will be keen to out-point his Australian team mate. Dugan is not as pacey as Slater but his organisational skills in attack will help the Sharks' less-experienced back line.

For the Storm to win:More of the same from last week: weather the early onslaught and get them in the second half. Jesse Bromwich and the forward pack dominated the revered Cowboys front row and will have to contain Andrew Fifita in particular.

For the Sharks to win:Everyone needs to play well and they have to score points. The Sharks only average 14 points per game so far in 2018 and may need double that on Friday night. Valentine Holmes has got to get more involved because his speed can worry the Storm. Fifita has to put in a barn-storming shift.

Storm Stat Attack:The Storm opened up the Cowboys last week with 39 tackle breaks and six line breaks. Adding in 16 offloads and Melbourne were too fast and strong against Matt Scott's side. Expect more of the same as the Storm build through their season.

Sharks Stat Attack:Cronulla's back three were penetratingly-good last round with 223 kick-return metres against the Eels' 97. The Sharks also gained an advantage in post-contact metres with almost 200 more than the Brad Arthur-coached side.

And another thing: The Sharks have relied on defence to win their last three against the Storm. The scorelines have been 11-2, 14-12 and 14-6. Another battle up the middle beckons.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cameron wrote:I think it is a real danger game for us. I am not sure we are playing that well. We have been flattered in two wins by late tries. All our games so far have had lots of mistakes on both sides. We need to get about our business by getting through our sets repeatedly and no missed tackles. Forwards need to be on song and full of energy and effort. Shark Park will be packed on a Good Friday.
every game is a danger game according to punters here.

lets just face the reality of it all.

Its a lima lima lima duck hard competition to win in any year...let alone consecutive years...
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Sure I understand. And you are right. But I think most people agree that what we have seen from the Storm so far is a hotch potch of great plays and terrible mistakes.

Usually the Storm's middle name is consistency.

But we now fly by the seat of our pants.

Brilliant one moment; terrible the other.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I think Craig is trying to work in a little bit more ad-lib play. It will take a little while for our combinations to gel and I wouldn't be worried that things seem a little off at the moment. Cronk was with us for nearly 15 years and the relationship he had with the other players in our spine shouldn't be taken for granted. Give it time. The consistency will come.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Croft needs time too
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cameron wrote:And another thing: The Sharks have relied on defence to win their last three against the Storm. The scorelines have been 11-2, 14-12 and 14-6. Another battle up the middle beckons.
It definitely feels like another game in this vein. Relatively low scoring, defence oriented, forward battle.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kenny and Jacks out
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Good signs for B Smith to get another run. Hopefully more than a handful of minutes.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:
And to top it off, if someone can iron Gallen and/or Fifita out, that would just be stupendous...
And Dugan.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

And Graham and Lewis.