Storm V Raiders

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yes apparently. Would have thought that Munster to fb ad Croft or Jacks to 5/8 would be better if Billy was out.
Gaiscioch
Squall
Squall

Really an amazing first half.
Billy's right hand pass is needing some attention lol. You have a guiding hand when you spiral pass but ya just flick the ball with your wrists when you shovel pass, Billy is all mixed somewhere in between for some reason lol. I'm sure he'll be back to normal in the second half ;)
[align=]You don't take a taser to a gun fight! :lol:[/align]
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Danger D wrote:I thought Hughes would be the preferred replacement for Billy if he was to be rested? I notice he isn't named in either of the feeder clubs. Is he injured?
Apparently he had a slight back twinge last week, so he has been rested this week. Should be ok next week.
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Noticed leilua just walked off leaving his team. Methinks a petulant wee thing
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Leilua and Rapana are a couple of thugs. Leilua should have been binned for forcing Josh into touch and we should have got the penalty try.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Leilua sledging while being down by 20 points and outclassed by Curtis Scott. How dumb is he?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Deadpool wrote:Leilua sledging while being down by 20 points and outclassed by Curtis Scott. How dumb is he?
How fast is a triangle? Some things are beyong measure.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

no excuses next week. if tohu gets off, which he should, we are primed to take it out from here.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just watching the highlights again. Was really surprised at Tohu's footwork on his first try. Have rarely seen him beat players like that.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

There are some big boppers at Canberra. They obviously train on meat pies and milkshakes.
That friggin' Leilua... He has aimed with a round arm straight to Tohu's head in a tackle last night – once and missed, then twice and missed and third time he got him. What a prick.
Gaiscioch
Squall
Squall

Leilua was trying so hard to have our boys take the first swing at him, he tried hard to start a fight with his sledging.
Our boys are too disciplined to fall for his childish behaviour. We have no idea what his own personal circumstances are, but he's a troubled soul, I hope he seeks help for his demons he seems to always carry around with him.
But what a game! Tohu must be pleased with his game and the defence was solid enough once again. Love how Slade was all over Soliola, and Soliola really tried hard to unleash on our boys but at the same time he found constraint as I'm guessing he didn't want a repeat of his hit on Slater in Round 20.
My man was Curtis Scott and I was glad for Rochow getting another run for the Storm.
[align=]You don't take a taser to a gun fight! :lol:[/align]
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I thought the opening stanza from McLean was amazing. He filled the gaping chasm that Finucane's absence presented.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I thought Rochow looked good off the bench. I'm not quiet sold on Curtis Scott yet, especially in defense. I'm really surprised teams don't target him and JAC more often as I think that's our weakest area in defense. Maybe Curtis is playing on his less preferred side though.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

My favourite Leilua story is from his time at the Roosters. When he's girlfriend dumped him, he ended up sending nude pictures of her to her brother. I think that there tells you enough about him
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Gaiscioch wrote:We have no idea what his own personal circumstances are, but he's a troubled soul, I hope he seeks help for his demons he seems to always carry around with him.
Don't go blaming his personal demons. The guy is a dickhead, pure and simple.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately