Finals Week 2

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Our forwards have struggled to make metres up the middle. Next year we need to see more of Mitch Garbutt and Siosaia Vave (hopefully he re-signs). Tonight there were also too many missed tackles and errors.

It is a sign of how good our team is. We played poorly, Knights were better team and we still lost by only two points.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Let's not forget more of Junior Moors next year too.
storma01
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Well guys,that's it for 2013. It's been an up and down year but I am proud of the boys for their effort over the year although I am a little disappointed in our play over the past month.. Have a great off season boys..

There is a few changes that need to be made for season 2014 and I think we all know what the are!!
1 put norrie on the BENCH
2 hinchy needs to be our utility off the bench
3 Harris should be 13

Our ideal line up IMO would be

1 slater
2 duffie (waqa)
3 chambers
4 waqa(but I think o neil will be put here)
5 o neil/duffie/Robinson
6 Hampton (deserves first crack
7 cronk
8 j Bromwich
9 smith
10 McLean
11 proctor
12 hoff ( but would like to see moors or K Bromwich there more)
13 Harris

14 hinchy/moors
15 norrie/rose
16 moors/k Bromwich
17 vave/rose

18 garbutt/
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Bourbon Rat wrote:At the end of the day..........................
They played like a team of strangers
Made some dumb decisions
And didn't really deserve a win

See you all next season
At least you've still got Wigan alive BR.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

STILL WORLD CHAMPIONS
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The wife should me a pic of Jordan's face this morning. OUCH!
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Need a revamp in 2014. You could tell 6 weeks ago we were never going to do any damage come finals time.
I hate to say it, but if Cam wants to go to Brisbane in 2015, we should let him. We should not be throwing the chequebook at him at this stage in his career. Pains me to say that as I love him to bits an always will.
Need an injection of fresh blood. I do fear we will probably only be a bottom half of the 8 side next year.
Anyway, I can't complain. it's been a great run and it hasn't finished yet.
Rina
Squall
Squall

I understand that last night's loss was disappointing and we're running on emotion here but let Cam go? Definitely not. Have you seen the way our side crumbles when he isn't part of our team?when Cam is off, whether its because he's not playing or having a bad one, our team flops. Also get that there is a focus on here about blooding our youth, but youths need to learn from our experienced players and there really isn't anyone else on our team who fits that description more than our captain. He is worth every cent he earns, on field and off it. He's given us so much in the 10? years he has been with us.

Hell - he's part of our public image. He pretty much IS Storm. Marketing wise, we're a better club with him in our squad too. He attracts sponsors - we need the revenue.
They'll be a time where Craig, Cam, Billy, Cooper, Hoff aren't in our team and we should prepare for it, but we shouldn't BOOT them out as part of the transition.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

well said rina
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Rina wrote:I understand that last night's loss was disappointing and we're running on emotion here but let Cam go? Definitely not. Have you seen the way our side crumbles when he isn't part of our team?when Cam is off, whether its because he's not playing or having a bad one, our team flops. Also get that there is a focus on here about blooding our youth, but youths need to learn from our experienced players and there really isn't anyone else on our team who fits that description more than our captain. He is worth every cent he earns, on field and off it. He's given us so much in the 10? years he has been with us.

Hell - he's part of our public image. He pretty much IS Storm. Marketing wise, we're a better club with him in our squad too. He attracts sponsors - we need the revenue.
They'll be a time where Craig, Cam, Billy, Cooper, Hoff aren't in our team and we should prepare for it, but we shouldn't BOOT them out as part of the transition.
Where did I say boot them out? Read it again. If he wants to go and Brisbane are parting with massive bucks, we shouldn't stand in his way. I am not advocating him leaving. I am advocating smart roster management.
Rina
Squall
Squall

tugga wrote:
Rina wrote:I understand that last night's loss was disappointing and we're running on emotion here but let Cam go? Definitely not. Have you seen the way our side crumbles when he isn't part of our team?when Cam is off, whether its because he's not playing or having a bad one, our team flops. Also get that there is a focus on here about blooding our youth, but youths need to learn from our experienced players and there really isn't anyone else on our team who fits that description more than our captain. He is worth every cent he earns, on field and off it. He's given us so much in the 10? years he has been with us.

Where did I say boot them out? Read it again. If he wants to go and Brisbane are parting with massive bucks, we shouldn't stand in his way. I am not advocating him leaving. I am advocating smart roster management.
well I'm not only responding to you, reason why you weren't quoted. But since you asked, you did mention that we shouldn't be throwing the check book at him. In his late stage of his career has achieved club, state and national captain and been influential and an asset to every team he is placed in, but I feel I don't need to list his credentials to you. It would be smart management to retain him, for reasons I mentioned earlier. If part of our identity wants to stay with us, we do whatever we it takes. I stand by that. There is no other player currently in our squad that needs to prove himself less.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm all for keeping him but there is a limit to what offer I'd match.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Rina wrote:
tugga wrote:

well I'm not only responding to you, reason why you weren't quoted. But since you asked, you did mention that we shouldn't be throwing the check book at him. In his late stage of his career has achieved club, state and national captain and been influential and an asset to every team he is placed in, but I feel I don't need to list his credentials to you. It would be smart management to retain him, for reasons I mentioned earlier. If part of our identity wants to stay with us, we do whatever we it takes. I stand by that. There is no other player currently in our squad that needs to prove himself less.
I agree with all of that. But I still stand by not throwing the cheque book at him. We are in a very fickle market. We need to be competitive each and every year. I love Cam to bits and I would not blink at having him a Storm player for life. But at the expense of the whole roster, we need to think openly.
Anyway, it's not you or I who will be making the decisions.
storm77
Squall
Squall

There is no way around it. It was a wasted season. As I said prior to the game , we don't play for week 2- we play to win the premiership.

I also have to say that if there was such a thing as a draft in the NRL then I would trade both Billy and Cam for picks.
I love them both and their contribution to the purple is unforgettable but it is time to break up the "big three".
I actually think they hurt us now more then they help us. They are to set in their ways and so is Craig in the way that he coaches them. What was once electric is now monotonous. We need a shake up and the only way to do that is either to break up the group or get a new coach.
Craig has not a had a good year and has been surpassed by the next generation. You can no longer win playing the style of football that he likes. It is all well and good to love hardworking guys but these days size is paramount. JM and TH should have started this game. SV should have been on the bench. He has stayed with same hand for to long and become to comfortable.
However he has led us to five GF's and 3 Premiership's and I am not sure there is anyone else out there that you could replace him with. On top of that by breaking up the "big 3" you may just rejuvenate him as a coach.
On the other hand BS physical issues are staring to become a factor. My fear is that he might be on the beginning of a downhill slide.
Cameron has played a lot of games and mad a HELL of a lot of tackles. To me he has not been the same player this year that he has been in the past. He might be running out of steam.
As for CC. He was very inconsistent post SOR but your chief play-maker is the hardest player to replace.
I worry for us going forward because at the end of the day I fear as though we are going to come back with same core group and the same coach and the same habit's and that we will certainly go backwards and not forwards.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Nearly agree with all of that ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Well said.