The Official Sisa Waqa Appreciation Society Thread

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

storming wrote:has a very underrated passing game, he should move to the centres. can draw and pass with the best of them.
Semi-unrelated but speaking of passing games, did anyone else notice Jesse Bromwich throw a 30m cutout leading up to Fonua's first try!!!?
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:
storming wrote:has a very underrated passing game, he should move to the centres. can draw and pass with the best of them.
Semi-unrelated but speaking of passing games, did anyone else notice Jesse Bromwich throw a 30m cutout leading up to Fonua's first try!!!?
Yep...superb.

I thought at the time...Bejesus....Jesse B has some serious skills.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Between him and Ryles (kicking game) we have one huge halfback lol
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Man! Sisa has come leaps and bounds in his time with the Storm. I think he's one of the best wingers in the comp and wouldnt be surprised with a winger of the year Dally M award.
He has great instincts and one of the most consistent players in the team.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The fixation of the media voters on the big 3 pretty much guarantees that waqa won't get his due recognition in the form of a dally m wingers award, even though he should be right up there
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lets give Sisa the recognition he deserves, lets try and vote him the Members' Player of the Year.

Something I have loved from Sisa recently is his directing of traffic. Maybe using some of his police skills. He directed Justin when Maranta and Hodges made the break for the Broncos, he directed Tohu when contesting a bomb v the Raiders and directed Billy away from a bomb on Friday night.

Andy Maher is on board the SWAS. They just interviewed Craig Bellamy on SEN and the only player Andy asked about specifically was Sisa. Craig said he couldn't remember a player who had improved so much in such a short period of time.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm on board, I'll vote for him from now on, he deserves it!
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Bellamy in awe of Waqa's rise

Melbourne Storm coach Craig Bellamy has described rugby union convert Sisa Waqa as 'absolutely tremendous' and conceded the 27-year-old's improvement over the past year has shocked him.

Waqa scored a try in Melbourne's 26-8 win over South Sydney Rabbitohs on Friday, which kept the Storm's hopes of finishing in the top two alive with four rounds before the NRL finals.

It was Waqa's 14th game and fifth try of the season, while the Fijian-born winger has played 35 games and scored 16 tries in his three years with the Storm.

Bellamy believes the former rugby union player, who also played with Sydney Roosters in 2009, is playing the best rugby league of his career.

"I haven't coached too many players or seen too many guys improve (the way he has)," Bellamy told SEN 1116 on Monday.

"Towards the end of last year and this year he's been absolutely tremendous.

"As a winger, he's obviously got a lot of tremendous athletic attributes but he's also a really smart player....and hardly ever comes up with a bad decision."

Friday's win over the second-placed Rabbitohs was the Storm's second in a row and another impressive result after their 68-4 demolition of Canberra in Round 21.

But Bellamy is convinced his team have yet to reach their best.

"We were really solid on Friday night but there's a couple of things there we still need to improve on," Bellamy said.

"We got off to a great start but lost our way there for around 15 minutes, so there's always something that you're not completely happy with.

"There's still four games to (before finals) so we've still got a bit of work to do."

Melbourne's next game is versus Newcastle on Sunday before fixtures against Parramatta, Manly and Gold Coast ahead of the NRL finals.

http://www.sportal.com.au/league/news/b ... ise-247865
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It's his 50th nrl game this week, let's hope for 100 more with the storm
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Congrats Sisa. I agree with Bellamy, Waqa has come a long way in a short period of time.

One of my favourite players. Celebrate with a victory!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Congratulations to Sisa. (Mattpoet I mentioned Sisa's 50th game on page 3 of Finals Week Two thread).
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sorry scooter, that thread has gotten big quickly so I obviously missed it
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote:sorry scooter, that thread has gotten big quickly so I obviously missed it
That's alright Mattpoet I think everyone missed it.
Rina
Squall
Squall

I got a bit emotional listening to us all chanting "SISA" when he went down injured and then when he hobbled off. A definite highlight in a night of lowlights for me. So proud of the consideration we give to our players.

Hope either Sisa or Maurice get POTY.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think poty will be either cronk or jesse