Round 18 Tigers v Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I would not want Wishart anywhere that isn't hooker or in the halves.

Munster's defence stinks and was only getting worse but he needs to get back to being 100% before we question his place in the team. It's at least a full year now where he's been dealing with either the knee or groin.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Munster re-signing with us is a real sliding doors moment. I wonder what our squad make up would have looked like for 2025/26 if we lost Munster and had a million or so to invest in a quality centre and a prop.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeah, that was one of my arguments against it at the time. Attracting good players to Melbourne might have been tough and I don't think our scouting/development has been good for awhile either so I get why keeping the elite talent you have was the choice.
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

yourhero wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:20 am Munster re-signing with us is a real sliding doors moment. I wonder what our squad make up would have looked like for 2025/26 if we lost Munster and had a million or so to invest in a quality centre and a prop.
I’m semi bitter that Finucane and Hynes had to leave when we had to keep Brandon Smith (who wanted to go to the Roosters) and Cameron Munster (who at that time was seriously starting to have Dolphin thoughts)
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

From fox sports' reserves wrap the other day..
Reimis Smith spent another week in NSW Cup, but perhaps his dominant performance for the Bears will be enough to force his way back into the Storm’s line-up when they return from the bye in Round 20.

Smith set up two tires, got a linebreak assist, four tackle busts and ran 182 metres in the Bears’ win over Blacktown Workers.
If he's not back next week then something is for sure up.
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon

blazza18 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 11:52 am From fox sports' reserves wrap the other day..
Reimis Smith spent another week in NSW Cup, but perhaps his dominant performance for the Bears will be enough to force his way back into the Storm’s line-up when they return from the bye in Round 20.

Smith set up two tires, got a linebreak assist, four tackle busts and ran 182 metres in the Bears’ win over Blacktown Workers.
Yeah, I read that too.
Regardless of his inexperience I think we have to keep the Keanu Reeves lookalike (Howarth) in the centres, he has got the goods. That leaves the other side, Reimus or Anderson or, gulp, Meaney. (Now if only our defenders would push out with the ball)
Position - Left right out or hung out to dry
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bullucked wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 2:19 pm
blazza18 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 11:52 am From fox sports' reserves wrap the other day..

Yeah, I read that too.
Regardless of his inexperience I think we have to keep the Keanu Reeves lookalike (Howarth) in the centres, he has got the goods. That leaves the other side, Reimus or Anderson or, gulp, Meaney. (Now if only our defenders would push out with the ball)
Glad I'm not the only one seeing Keanu Reeves 🤣
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Mattpoet wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 3:43 pm

Yeah, I read that too.
Let's hope he plays like Johnny Utah not 'Ted' Theodore Logan.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon

TC wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 5:07 pm
Mattpoet wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 3:43 pm

Yeah, I read that too.
Let's hope he plays like Johnny Utah not 'Ted' Theodore Logan.
"woooooa", Ted or Neo???
Position - Left right out or hung out to dry