New Jersey

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I love mainly purple jersey.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Today's Hail Storm has the pre-order details and pricing. $171 - and I'm assuming the odd amount means the member discount is included (making it $190).
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Now I know not everyone is as interested in logos, colours, jerseys and sponsors as I am, but I came across this article and thought it was interesting.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/business/br ... 6108604376
SIGNING a major sponsorship deal with a top Melbourne sports team and opening seven new branches in two months are top of the list for the new Bank of Melbourne boss.

Despite launching the brand only two weeks ago, Mr Tanner admitted to being flooded with requests from major sporting clubs for support from Bank of Melbourne.

But the rusted-on Richmond fan said such a key decision could not be made quickly in sports-crazy Melbourne, as it was vital not to alienate potential customers.
It seems to me that a Melbourne Storm/Bank of Melbourne partnership would be a great fit. We need a sponsor (okay, I guess we don't need a second major sponsor - but I'm sure after this season, companies will be beating down the door trying to get back on board anyway. Why turn that down?) and Bank of Melbourne want to sponsor someone - but they don't want to alienate anyone. Sounds a lot like Crown to me. Their branding matches perfectly with ours, too. I'd like to see this happen.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

absentee wrote:Now I know not everyone is as interested in logos, colours, jerseys and sponsors as I am, but I came across this article and thought it was interesting.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/business/br ... 6108604376
SIGNING a major sponsorship deal with a top Melbourne sports team and opening seven new branches in two months are top of the list for the new Bank of Melbourne boss.

Despite launching the brand only two weeks ago, Mr Tanner admitted to being flooded with requests from major sporting clubs for support from Bank of Melbourne.

But the rusted-on Richmond fan said such a key decision could not be made quickly in sports-crazy Melbourne, as it was vital not to alienate potential customers.
It seems to me that a Melbourne Storm/Bank of Melbourne partnership would be a great fit. We need a sponsor (okay, I guess we don't need a second major sponsor - but I'm sure after this season, companies will be beating down the door trying to get back on board anyway. Why turn that down?) and Bank of Melbourne want to sponsor someone - but they don't want to alienate anyone. Sounds a lot like Crown to me. Their branding matches perfectly with ours, too. I'd like to see this happen.
The bolded font is the reason why Bank of Melbourne will be back of the shirt sponsor in 2012 and beyond. Crown gave the same reasons but as long as they aren't sponsoring a single AFL team nobody gives a toss.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I mean, obviously it's just speculation - but if Bank of Melbourne want to be a major sponsor for a Melbourne sports team, you can't get any better than us. And hey, what a coincidence - we've got a spot open, too.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

In the Herald Sun Weds. I read the Bank of Melbourne were to be announced as the major sponsor for the Melbourne Demons afl club.

Does that now mean we are now out of the picture?
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Banks are very fickle sponsers. Look at how quickly ME Bank abandoned us when the heat was turned up last year.
And Bank of Melbourne is just St.George Bank repackaged.

stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

didn`t like the slimey green colour on the front of our PURPLE jersey anyway.
look who is laughing now mebank. TOP of the ladder and you are nowhere to be seen.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Didn't we have a 2, or 5, year arrangement with Crown?

storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

stormy wrote:didn`t like the slimey green colour on the front of our PURPLE jersey anyway.
look who is laughing now mebank. TOP of the ladder and you are nowhere to be seen.
i didnt buy that jumper because of the massive green box on it, i hated it and refuse to wear something with ME bank on it.

im still not a fan of the crown logo because of the blue box, why not just put the white crown on the front?
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Go Storm wrote:Didn't we have a 2, or 5, year arrangement with Crown?
We're talking about the back - and I believe Crown is a three year deal.

The Demons' current sponsorship deals end this year so it's possible the story about Bank of Melbourne going with them is true. I wouldn't rule us out completely, though. I also think Integrated is a possibility for us. They sponsored the auction night (I didn't go so I'm basing this only on a promo graphic I saw on the site) so that might be them gearing up for a bigger deal.

I still wear my 2010 training shirt all the time even though I've essentially "replaced" all my ME Bank branded gear. That was the shirt the players wore for that infamous walk across the unfinished AAMI Park. It was such a powerful image and a real showing of defiance. Not only that, that training shirt fits me better than anything else I own - it's crazy. But yeah, mainly because of the whole march across AAMI Park thing.

I've actually started to really like the navy blue Crown box. It sucks that the lightning bolts are placed where they are (too far down) because the box obscures too much of them - but the same would probably happen with almost any sponsor. At least it's the same navy blue as the shoulders and sides - matches perfectly. You couldn't have just the wordmark and crown (without the box) because on its own it's very weak and would get lost very easily. I think Crown would benefit from a complete redesign, anyway - that dotty crown thing is looking a bit dated. But hey, we've got nothing to do with that.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

storming wrote:
stormy wrote:didn`t like the slimey green colour on the front of our PURPLE jersey anyway.
i didnt buy that jumper because of the massive green box on it, i hated it and refuse to wear something with ME bank on it.

im still not a fan of the crown logo because of the blue box, why not just put the white crown on the front?
Mate, do you know how much money the Broncos were pulling in when they had that godawful white background sponsorship on a maroon jersey? Melbourne was much the same with ME and I imagaine with Crown now as well. If you are paying top dollar for signage on the jersey of a high performance sport team you'd expect it to stand out.

I, for one, would like to see the blue box Crown replaced with a GOLD crown. But hey, if they want to throw a million a season at us I'm happy to display their logo however the hell they ask us to!

Also, I emailed the club and suggested they come up with a jersey for Close The Gap Round next year. Got a reply back and they said it was def. something they were looking at!
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Harvey Norman to become Back of the Jersey sponsor during 2011 Finals Series (and back of the short sponsor during 2012)
http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/defaul ... urne-storm

absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Haha. I was just in the process of posting the exact same thing.

Integrated well. Looks good.
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

@absentee - does integrate well on the back. Ron Swanson would agree!