Round 4 - Sharks vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TC wrote:The problem with playing the sharks is that they play grubby.
They drag us down to their level then beat us with experience.

yep
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Quite apart from 19 penalties conceded and 14 errors, the performance of our forwards was a huge disappointment and a major reason for the poor performance.

8 J.Bromwich 12 runs for 114
10 N.Asofa-Solomona 3 runs for 32
11 J.Stimson 8 runs for 71
12 R.Hoffman 14 runs for 136
13 D.Finucane 5 runs for 42
14 T.Glasby 7 runs for 64
16 C.Welch 8 runs for 74
17 S.Kasiano 6 runs for 67
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Agreed, the forwards were poor. The stop/start affair didn't help them but a lot of that was their own doing.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Of note - 19 penalties conceded is a game, is the most conceded by a team since records have been kept on the stat...
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

How about blaming our poor execution. We couldn't even keep the ball for 6 tackles esp in the second half.

In the second half; we only got one repeat set of 6 from a goal line drop in. Given the wind we had that is a terrible use of our ball management from Numbers 6, 7 and 9.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/melbou ... 517c967e03

Melbourne Storm centre Will Chambers cops two-week NRL ban
Melissa Woods
Fox Sports

MELBOURNE star Will Chambers will miss two NRL games after accepting the sanction for dangerous contact stemming from Friday’s fiery clash with Cronulla.

The Test and Queensland centre on Tuesday accepted the ban after he was charged by the NRL match review committee for a grapple tackle on Paul Gallen late in the Storm defeat.

Chambers will miss Saturday’s game against the Tigers and the Storm’s round six meeting with Newcastle.

His Melbourne teammate Dale Finucane also opted not to contest a dangerous contact charge, resulting in a one-game suspension.

The lock is already out for at least a month after fracturing his thumb in the game with the Sharks.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Chambers pretty much put Gallen in a choke hold. It would have been funny if I wasn't a storm supporter.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It was weak. Over the shoulder was never going to choke him with much, if any, force. Gallen was so worried by it that instead of trying to escape so he could breathe, he instead looked for a referee and pointed to Chambers arm :roll:

For two games I would have much preferred for Chambers to put a couple on his roided-up chin.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Judging by this still shot, he may have at least got one in, in which case, on behalf of all Storm fans - Thank you!

And Gallen? Scratching at his face like a cat :lol:

Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote:Judging by this still shot, he may have at least got one in, in which case, on behalf of all Storm fans - Thank you!

And Gallen? Scratching at his face like a cat :lol:

That picture is a bit deceiving I think. He’s got a hold of the jersey and Gallens arm has forced his arm up so it just looks right with the picture but he didn’t punch him. But then again, if anyone was going to punch him it would be Chambers
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Fair enough. I assumed it was one of those sneaky jersey-grab and punch things they all seem to be doing now.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Gallen definitely clawing at the face. No surprise though; he clawed the bandage of Finucane's head in the third tackle of the game
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

There's a reason he is the most suspended player in history which is part of the reason (along with the peptides) that he doesn't qualify for a testimonial.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I’ll always remember Gallen as the guy who ripped the staples out of another players face. Such a dirty grubby player
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Deadpool wrote:I’ll always remember Gallen as the guy who ripped the staples out of another players face. Such a dirty grubby player
Gallen 'squirrel gripped' an opposition player in the same game as well... And then there was his racial abuse of a player where he was suspended and "lost the captaincy" but said in an interview immediately afterwards, "Yeah on paper I am no longer the captain, but I will still be the captain out on the field".

Yet Sharks fans put this scumbag on a pedestal and bleat about Smith being the grubbiest player to ever play the game... The mind boggles at the hypocrisy and idiocy of the standard RL fan.