Finals Week 2

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Smith had a point when he queried the ref. It was a head clash, no doubt but there wouldn't have been a head clash if McKinnon didn't shoulder charge the body. The rule was brought in because of the much higher chance of a head clash. Seems that was overlooked as the VR was just looking at where the contact with the head took place.

Anyway, Knights score off the back of that decision and go into halftime with a chunky lead.
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

yourhero wrote:McLean knocked out cold and Leilua gets in the face of an unconscious man to gloat. What f*cking scum.
I hope we target him this half, you cant pull shit like that and get away with it. Its the sort if thing you would expect from hodges
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

That head clash.......kind of stupid to lose possession because the guy was knocked out
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

We don't seem to have any coordination in our plays. It's all just catch and pass and wait for someone else to do something
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

McLean - Fractured jaw... FMD.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I gotta see the impact again before commenting on it but a fractured jaw and no penalty to us is a bit lima lima lima duck up.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Our forwards have no roll on. It was my big fear pre-game and unfortunately is playing out. McLean out is another big blow.

Hinchcliffe's footwork at the line has been very good.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:I gotta see the impact again before commenting on it but a fractured jaw and no penalty to us is a bit *lima lima lima duck* up.
Head clash is a head a clash.

The day they start penalising that is the day we all should start following ping-pong.
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Kenny Bromich is having a blinder, his hits have been massive and that try was freakish. Really leading the way i feel
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Shattered. :(
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well thats the end of an era as we know it as far as Im concerned, its been fun.

Looking forward to the next chapter.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I thought Buderus should have been penalised for taking out Slater (actually Slater was taken out earlier as well) but I take nothing away from Newcastle, the better team won.

We really need to add some grunt to our forwards for 2014.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

why no penalty for buderus taking slater out? the ref was 5m away looking straight at it!!! thats a penalty and scores leveled at 18-18....
it was a shoulder charge no doubt, then a head clash.
knights players when getting up are constantly crawling forward a couple of meters forward instead of standing up to play it, if thats not a penalty then we should start doing this next year, cheap meters that get your team on the front foot and markers out of position.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

A few strange calls, the Slater one will stand out. Not sure what the ref was thinking, maybe too scared to blow the penalty.

Really frustrating night. Our errors led to Newcastle tries. Just so disappointing.
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I worry we havent been planning for an infusion of young talent to reinvigorate the team.

Need a seperate thread but things like Cam playing less minutes, Norrie not being in the team (why was he re-signed), Hinchcliffe going back to the bench or moved on, Hoffman playing less minutes, Tohu playing more, K-Bro playing more etc, etc