NYC 2012

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

just got an update from ben solomona dennys brother....we were talking to him b4 the game started and just b4 he went to hospital he said he would update me with what was happening which is nice anyway i just got a text from him DJs season is over 6 weeks in a cast 4 weeks in a moonboot and 2 after that b4 he can run

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

In contrast to that report, Sally. According to the Melbourne Storm injury report -

Denny Solomona: Sustained a fractured fibula in the NYC match against the Warriors. Currently being treated in New Zealand and will return to Melbourne as soon as possible to be further assessed. No surgery is required at this stage and its anticipated he will be sidelined for 4-6 weeks.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

well there you go i wont be listening to Ben then im sure storm know what they are on about...lets hope to see DJ back out there ASAP
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Congratulations to Dean Britt & Richard Kennar, on being selected in the NSW U/18 State Representative Team!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Congrats to Dean and Richie.
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

A great win for the boys against the 2nd placed Tigers. Does anyone know what happened to Tohu? He was named on the screen at start of the game but I never saw him on the field.

Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Great effort by the Under 20s last night particularly given their recent form. I thought Jarome Wilson (before his sin bin) made some good runs and did a good one on one strip when the Tigers were attacking in the first half. Zac Moi Moi also looked good. Mahe Fonua was also a dangerous runner. Our last try saw a great cutout pass from Ben Hampton to Ryan Pooley who threw an inside ball to Fonua for the try. Ben Meehan showed an improvement in his performance tonight.

I missed the first ten minutes of the game so didn't see Tohu.
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

#!*@#*!!!! Hurt his knee again in first couple of minutes in first tackle & opposition landed on his knee again!!! won't know the damage until about Tuesday...hopefully just taken off as a precaution because of a bit of a blow to the same injury but not sure. What is with all these injuries in the U20s comp?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hopefully a speedy recovery, I'm sure he would've played fg by now if not for injury
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

1 Young Tonumaipea
2 Jack Joass
3 Richard Kennar
4 Kirisome Auva'a
5 Michael Buston
6 Ben Meehan
7 Ben Hampton
8 Karl Davies
9 Alex Langbridge
10 Rhys Kennedy
11 Cade Umaga
12 Dean Britt
13 Steve Liki
14 Jay Lobwein
15 Zac Moimoi
16 Sheldon Powe-Hobbs
17 Pride Petterson-Robati
Debuts for Michael Butson who played well for Victoria seniors on the weekend. And big debut for Pride who turns 17 on Saturday.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

No Fonua?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

playing nsw cup i guess...im loving rhys kennedy though i watched him play SG Ball this year and love the way he plays

Monsoon
Monsoon

Is he related to jarrod from the raiders sally?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I actully dont know but now you say it they do look alot alike
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Impressive debut from PPR.

10 meters per run (8/82), 18 tackles no misses and a try.