Stadium NO closer

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sliat_1981
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Once they hand the Stadium back to the AFL (as was the agreement) they'll kick out the soccer club and they'll come crying back.
P.S, Victory plays in the summer (deliberately), so it doesnt have to compete with any other sports (where it would be canned by footy attendances). Storm has to fight the other 9 Melbourne AFL teams for attendance. If soccer is so popular, let it try its season during the WINTER season (since it's a winter game) and see how high the crowds are when it competes with Aussie rules. Victory has no other Melbourne team to compete with, yet Aussie rules attendances are higher despite they have 9 other clubs to compete with.
Goat, are you really a Storm supporter, or did you just join this forum to promote soccer (NOT football)?
Last edited by sliat_1981 on Wed May 09, 2007 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lotti

uh I counted 10 AFL clubs in and around Melbourne.  They are Essendon, Melbourne, Carlton, Richmond, Collingwood, Hawthorn, North Melbourne, St Kilda, Geelong and the doggies.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
sliat_1981
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Geelong's nowhere near Melbourne.
lotti

Geelong is an outer suberb of Melbourne.
sliat_1981
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

No it's not. Its 75kms south-west from Melbourne and it's suburbs. If you dont believe me, look on maps or wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Geel ... ctoria.PNG
lotti

would you consider Frankston a suberb of Melbourne?  Geelong is in the 2007 Melbourne and Surrounds UBD also Geelong Station is listed on the Metlink website.
Last edited by lotti on Wed May 09, 2007 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

There's a good 35 kilometres between Werribee and Norlane with zero urban development.  You certainly can't say that about Frankston.
Stormin North Queanbeyan!
lotti

yeah but you can still get there by Metlink.
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

It's official - GEELONG is NOT a suburb of Melbourne. Geelong is a city in it's own right. It just happens to be 70km down the road from Melbourne. Trust me - it's not a part of Melbourne.

Hence - there are 9 AFL clubs in Melbourne, and one in Geelong - which makes the 10 Victorian AFL teams. Totally irrelevant. Just needed clarifying.

The fact that it's on the Metlink website (so are all the other VLine stations) is irrelevant. Frankston is only 35 k from Melbourne, not the 75 of Geelong. My god... This is going nowhere....
lotti

oh ok.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Buzz wrote: It's official - GEELONG is NOT a suburb of Melbourne. Geelong is a city in it's own right. It just happens to be 70km down the road from Melbourne. Trust me - it's not a part of Melbourne.

Hence - there are 9 AFL clubs in Melbourne, and one in Geelong - which makes the 10 Victorian AFL teams. Totally irrelevant. Just needed clarifying.

The fact that it's on the Metlink website (so are all the other VLine stations) is irrelevant. Frankston is only 35 k from Melbourne, not the 75 of Geelong. My god... This is going nowhere....
So are you saying that Mildura is not a suburb of Melbourne?!? Isn't it on the metlink website? ;)
Silkin Storm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Also Lotti  you cant get past Werribee on Metlinnk :)

To get to Geelong  which is 45 K from Werribee you have to go Via VLine

Besides being aprox 35 k to  the outer suburbs of Geelong  from Werribee there are also a couple of towns between Little river etc.
Don't Leave it to Fate
She's a Fickle Bitch
Denise Richards
Squall
Squall

sliat_1981 wrote: Once they hand the Stadium back to the AFL (as was the agreement) they'll kick out the soccer club and they'll come crying back.
P.S, Victory plays in the summer (deliberately), so it doesnt have to compete with any other sports (where it would be canned by footy attendances). Storm has to fight the other 9 Melbourne AFL teams for attendance. If soccer is so popular, let it try its season during the WINTER season (since it's a winter game) and see how high the crowds are when it competes with Aussie rules. Victory has no other Melbourne team to compete with, yet Aussie rules attendances are higher despite they have 9 other clubs to compete with.
Goat, are you really a Storm supporter, or did you just join this forum to promote soccer (NOT football)?
All Melbourne teams should be supported in a league where they are the only teams in the city :)  And there are more than 10 aussie rules clubs in the AFL . . . Get some knowledge  8)

Why are people so jealous of the Melbourne Victory?  It doesn't matter that their crowds are bigger or smaller than ours . . . it's a different sport, football is not rugby, rugby is not AFL and so on. We're all on the same side.
I am NOT Brian Waldron
Silkin Storm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

We are not jealous of Victory its just we Trolls pushing their own agenda on a League board Simple.

Some of us don't actually like AFL ( airial Pingpong ) OR Soccer ( wog ball )

We also don't  go out of our way to hassle the supporters of other codes like some.
Don't Leave it to Fate
She's a Fickle Bitch
sliat_1981
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Soccer is the most popular sport in nearly every country, but they're still not satisfied. They can't stand that some countries have different national sports and they want to change it. Soccer doesn't need any support. It has enough worldwide. Our soccer league is trying to change our national sport to theirs, because they came to our country, decided not to embrace our national games and are trying to replace them by forcing soccer down our throats.
Aussie rules and rugby league have a long proud history and tradition in Australia. Soccer does not.
If you'd bothered to read my post properly, I said there were 9 MELBOURNE teams in the AFL. Get some glasses.
Aslo, Slikin Storm, you mean you don't like Aussie rules (areil ping pong). AFL is a competition, notr a sport.
Last edited by sliat_1981 on Thu May 10, 2007 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.