Round 4 - Sharks vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Gaiscioch
Squall
Squall

Lucas wrote:...
What was so wrong with the NRL we were watching last season that it had to change so dramatically?!
Just seems they are trying to force players and coaches to hold the defensive lines back.
I always had the understanding the defensive line can't move till the dummy-half has touched the ball which is a rule that is 99% never ruled on. I could be wrong, but that's my thinking.
And refs are trying to hold firm to it in these opening rounds.
[align=]You don't take a taser to a gun fight! :lol:[/align]
Gaiscioch
Squall
Squall

It's disappointing to have these loses but it's also exciting to me as there are a core of players doing their best.
If I had a say it's coming up to round five I would say there is a lot and enough players putting pressure and their hands up to have a shot at first-grade. #TimeToChangeThe17
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Fair enough. But I f they want to referee to the letter of the law, they could blow 80 penalties a game. You can’t nit-pick in one instance, then let it slide the next.

A sin bin and turnover penalty for backchat is beyond ludicrous.

The game is great because of the flow that develops in games. You wear the opposition down, then exploit the opportunities that present.

That is not an option in 2018 because it is stop/start the entire 80 minutes.

That was painful to watch, regardless of who you follow, and very quickly will drive fans away from the product. It leaves a really bad taste in my mouth...
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Danger D wrote:PS I also watched the Sharks presser and had this tidbit from Gallen to share:
Reporter: So what happened at the end of the game with you and Nelson AS?
Galen: He grabbed me from behind and I just turned around and said to him "If you're such a big strong guy how about you grab me from the front next time".

The guy is a joke. The game will be so much better once he's put out to pasture.

PPS How bad is Braith Anasta's commentary? Him, Corey Parker and Justin Hodges are the most biased callers in the box.
Gal looked like he shit himself with NAS. I was hoping Chambers put a couple on his chin tho, would of loved to have seen that.

Also that’s the shortest Storm press conference I’ve seen in a long time
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Gaiscioch wrote:
Lucas wrote:...
What was so wrong with the NRL we were watching last season that it had to change so dramatically?!
Just seems they are trying to force players and coaches to hold the defensive lines back.
I always had the understanding the defensive line can't move till the dummy-half has touched the ball which is a rule that is 99% never ruled on. I could be wrong, but that's my thinking.
And refs are trying to hold firm to it in these opening rounds.
The defensive line has to wait until the ball clears the ruck. So basically once the player has played it and the ball goes out the back. They don’t have to wait for the dummy half to touch it tho
Gaiscioch
Squall
Squall

Thanks for pointing that out Deadpool.

NAS vs Gal, charity boxing match lol.

Yeah the refs have really lost the plot, evident in last night's match.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Chambers guaranteed to miss 2 weeks regardless of his plea and Finucane sighted and copped 75 points.

Now ... we all know what this means... WELCOME BACK YOUNG T *eye roll* and I only roll my eye because this is a boring selection. It’s not trying to achieve anything special it’s just filling a hole.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Come on Craig do something different give Justin Olam a crack ahead of Young Tonumaipea? Yes there may be a bigger gap between Olam's best and worst than there is between Tonumaipea's. But Olam has X factor and goodness knows given our current efforts in attack we could do with some X factor.

Turns Easts Tigers v Sunshine Coast Falcons match into a real selection trial.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I switched off well before full time, so I can't comment on whether the charges from the "melee" at the end are warranted or not, but no penalty & nothing from the MRC for the contact to NAS' head during that tackle??? Seriously, what a joke of a sport, but a somewhat apt conclusion to our worst performance in years.

If only it was Suli that was getting the time off...
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Chambers missing two weeks for letting his emotions getting the better of him when the game is basically over isn't exactly ideal.

Maybe Cheyse Blair comes back otherwise our next best option would be Munster. Can't trust anyone else defensively next to Suli.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Jacks maybe?
Gaiscioch
Squall
Squall

Definitely agreeing with Olam needing to have a crack.
Blair offers a straightness that we are missing and poor Suli just needs a break to make him rediscover a hunger that's missing/lacking in his game.
It's coming down to small basic things like ball handling, timing and desicion making, which are just the odd second or that split second we are getting really undone by and it's hurting us a lot.
Surely the boys can bounce back against the Tigers.

I'm enjoying the games from NAS, Finucane, Welch and Stimpson.
I'd like to have someone put their hand up for poor Hoffman's place and I like Hoffman but just not working out as well as it could and I also like Curtis Scott but someone out there must be able to offer more than he's giving.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Lucas wrote:I'm staggered with what I watched tonight. AFL will always be my number 1 game. But last season I've never been so bored with an AFL season. I started watching heaps more NRL. In previous seasons I've only just watched Storm games but I found myself watching heaps of neural games.

And loving it!

Not a great day for me either. I follow both Codes with a passion ( probably more for League) , and as bad as the Storm were , my AFL team ( StKilda) was worse. Ouch !
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Young T got a hat trick today, damn it, we'll be stuck with him next week.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

RobbieRoss wrote:
Lucas wrote:I'm staggered with what I watched tonight. AFL will always be my number 1 game. But last season I've never been so bored with an AFL season. I started watching heaps more NRL. In previous seasons I've only just watched Storm games but I found myself watching heaps of neural games.

And loving it!

Not a great day for me either. I follow both Codes with a passion ( probably more for League) , and as bad as the Storm were , my AFL team ( StKilda) was worse. Ouch !
Go Roos! Sorry. I was genuinely surprised at how poor your boys were TBH.