Prelim final vs Cowboys

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cameron Munster clearly our best player by a mile. I love how more often than not he fends off the first tackler. Thought Finucane and NAS both showed energy off the bench.

Left centre corridor in defence has been our weakness all year. Mann then dropped for Hunt then dropped for Harris then Mann back in.

Thought video ref made fastest decisions in history. Feldt possibly "passing off the ground" still think there was a chance of Mann touching him before he passed it. Anyone watching on TV tell me how close it was to being a tackle. Think it was very close and if ref had have said no try it would have been no try.

Also didn't seem to look at fight much saw MK's punch and that was enough. Also Hannant's charge down my wife said on first replay that he was up quick but obviously only looking at player being in front of him. Nothing annoys me more than players lieing down to milk penalties from video ref when there is nothing wrong with them.

MK's punch, which was one of worst punches ever, but still a punch and 10 in bin is almost enough to disband MK fan club.

Our forwards didn't play with enthusiasm last night which when we have bad days is the thing that hurts us a lot particularly when we play against bigger forward packs.

Cronk's low kicks off ground going straight to Cowboys in in goal for seven tackle set didn't make sense. Particularly when we had Duffie and we actually got a penalty for Duffie being blocked when chasing a kick earlier.

Another thing that hurt us when letting them score after we stole the lead just before half time.

Hopefully in next few days Storm will announce signings to replace the host of players leaving. Does anyone know if Scott and Drinkwater will be in first grade squad next year or will they be in Under 20s?
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon

Munster was good but needs to not try and do it all himself (there's supposed to be 12 other blokes to help) he will be a very dangerous player when he learns to inject himself at the right times. Nobody in support of him at all and seemed a general lethargy all round.

I sat end on so don't really know but it seems the Cowboy big forwards totally dominated our small forwards and that alone makes it very hard for our halves to shine. We obviously couldn't go through the forwards why didn't we run it wide (particularly at O'neill?) This WAS glaringly obvious from end on.

I thought Green was ok, Cronks kicking game as mentioned previously, WTF? Why in the first half when we've got the ball on the right hand edge does Chambers toe it ahead and not Cronk go for the crossfield bomb? Can Cronk kick a grubber? (a can't recall one)

Can Chambers and Mann pass to their outside men? (don't think so)

As usual I have a big WTF with Bellamy's bench rotations. We weren't going forward in the first thirty mins, (and I don't want McLean to be forgotten here - can someone PLEASE tell him he IS A BIG GUY) why not bring on young Kenny and NAS (which he was) and fire a rocket through them on the way (and leave them on longer than the obligatory ten minutes).

Melbourne Storm always seem to gamble with half fit players (not that MK5 was the reason for us losing), surely a person who can train with the team for the whole of the TWO WEEKS would be a better option, and the way last night played out a bit of Mahe grunt might have been useful. (Hindsight of course but, a; I never wanted Young T to play and b; when it was announced on the bog screens that MK5 was playing my mate and I both looked at each other and rolled our eyes!)

Same old tired plays too, nothing dangerous and unexpected, unlike the Cowboys with threats coming from everywhere.

Finally, big hats off to the Cowboys cheer girls, another battle one by the Cowboys. (ducks for cover! ;) )
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

What frustrated me was the lack of support. A part of Munsters game that could improve but also Smith didn't follow the ball like he should be.
Forwards not running in pairs etc. Not enough effort IMO.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Dropouts. Why are we the only club that;
a) Can rarely kick the ball more than 35 metres.
b) NEVER catch a dropout on the full and the ball always bounces over halfway.

Both instances disadvantage us to the tune of 15 metres every set taking/receving a drop out.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

If I'm not mistaken we've lost 4/6 of our last finals home games, correct? That's pretty deplorable especially because quite a few of them have been by convincing margins. I don't like AAMI so much.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Teams who fight with the storm win the game...the cowboys ruffed up our players and they ended up fighting and lose the game...it happens everytime
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

We lose when 75% or more of our team are passengers. Happened again last night.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Inglis#3 we have lost our last three finals at AAMI Park. 2013 semi v Newcastle, 2014 elimination v Bulldogs and last night v Cowboys.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So we're 3-4 at home in finals.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

No fear factor anymore. Bit like the Broncos at Suncorp. Teams love playing there.
one-eyed
Squall
Squall

AAMI Park doesn't give us the home advantage like the old Graveyard did, it doesn't have any home ground atmosphere, all these new stadiums negate home ground advantage, well it's only my opinion which doesn't mean much.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Koro could barely get out of a jog. Was not right and should never have played.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Even JBrom made some really bad errors.
To make a prelim after I had given up on our season when we lost to the Knights, was a pretty good effort.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

We lost... we had a better season than most other teams. I am hoping next year we don`t have to put up with so much controversy, bad scheduling, coaches whinining cos their teams get beaten by us, bais commentators Sick of it. we lost cos the cowboys wanted to win more.
I can`t wait to renew my membership.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Me too Stormy - I thought we were gone months ago. They boys have again given me a great season - I too can't wait to renew. GO STORM!!! we are much luckier than a lot of other supporters that's for sure