Bunnies v Storm,(swine flu hysteria not withstanding) *spoilers*

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
bushman
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

What did people think of the refs I think we cop it a bit tonight. I thought the NRL said that they would ref one experience and one inexperience ref in games. They missed one knock on, one rabbit out, Finchy didn't play at the ball etc. The boys looked as if they were so intent on making sure they played well  they lost the plot a bit when it went wrong at the start. Cop barking instructions etc they need to relax a bit when theres plenty of time. Bombed a lot of tries tonight three may four. Got the points though that is main thing at this stage.
gothestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

CooperCronk wrote:
Cam has to do something about his goal kicking or get someone else.

Well we do have that Traitor Tomane available - why not use him?!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Phew! Damn that was way closer than I liked to see, I thought we were looking to go back to our Orford days, win big one week, lose the next.

I cringed everytime we went to the Chambers/Turner side of the field. I'll be glad to see the back of Chambers! Bring on Isa and Sam Joe!
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Why is it every couple of weeks we drop our 3 - 4 up in a tackle?

I'll be glad to see a few of the guys dropped and dropped very quickly...... Chambers, Quinn and now the new Tooltain (Tomane)

I'd also like to see Matt Cross get a lot more game time, I think he could easliery become the standard of Crocker given the chance.

Any news on Glass Jaw Johnson?
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
Temi
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Surandy wrote: Phew! Damn that was way closer than I liked to see, I thought we were looking to go back to our Orford days, win big one week, lose the next.

I cringed everytime we went to the Chambers/Turner side of the field. I'll be glad to see the back of Chambers! Bring on Isa and Sam Joe!
Every time Chambers gets the ball, I repeat this little mantra out loud: "Don't drop the ball, don't drop the ball!". Doesn't always work though  :lol:
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Temi, has it ever worked ;)

He seems to think he's already playing that other code where you can't hold onto the ball.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
Bullets
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Bit of a scary game but we got away with it which is all that matters now. Will need to play better then that against better teams though.

Was good to see though that we didn't play our best and got away with one, thats what we have been the best team at doing the last few years.

15k? nice crowd.
[img]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/Yeungy01/Stormcopy.jpg[/img]
http://s13.zetaboards.com/The_Colosseum/index/ - The Colosseum - Arena of Entertainment
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Did Dallas lose a tooth in the game?  I could have sworn I saw a trainer remove something from his mouth and put it into a cup on the change room feed before the game ended, after he got shouldered in the head.

Whatever it was, it didn't bother him. 

It says a lot of his character (albeit not much more than any other week) that he was seeing stars and after the ref blew time off, he still wanted to play the ball, despite facing the wrong direction and clearly needing help to stay upright.

I'd love to see Dallas signed for life.
Stormin North Queanbeyan!
gothestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Quite amazing when you think about it. I don't think I have seen the Storm play worse in the first half of a season for 5 years, yet we are only one point off the competition lead.

I'm not sure what that says really ???
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

dallas has spent half his career in a daze ...he dont know whats going on  :lol:

bushman i thought the refs were shithouse. they will continue to be so untill Finch SNR pisses off. The NRL have no idea....
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

gothestorm wrote:
CooperCronk wrote:
Cam has to do something about his goal kicking or get someone else.

Well we do have that Traitor Tomane available - why not use him?!
No thanks.. ;  Find someone else!
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hoffy and GI were really good, but seriously, anyone who doubts Cronk as a halfback needs to watch that game again.  In a team where our forwards weren't exactly flying forward, Cronk literally put the team on his back and said follow me boys, I'll get us home!  He was outstanding!

I think Souths are a better side than the last couple of weeks have suggested though.  Was disappointed with parts of our defence, although having said that, out of the 4 tries they scored, 2 were simple errors.  The Finch intercept was a pass that was never going to find it's target, and the grubber that GI fumbled shouldn't have happened either.

We can't blame the refs either, Zap scored off a forward pass, and Tomane knocked on pretty clearly when diving on a loose play the ball.  A win is a win though, and sets us up for a good second half of the year ladder position wise!
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Great summary Steaming!
I couldn't agree any further.
Cooper was brilliant, and really stepped up when the game was in the balance.  His show-and-go try was brilliant.

Also, can anyone confirm, if there was a streaker or an intruder at the full time whistle?
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

We were at the game.  It was a streaker,  the ground security was very slow and two of them fell over trying to stop him.
I love Cooper
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

No thanks.. ;  Find someone else!
Steve Turner!!