Urgent Call

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Need some information all.

I need examples, date, and person spoken too (if possible) from those who have rang Channel Nine in Melbourne or Sydney regarding the broadcasting issue.

Especially those that have been treated rudely (not the typical fob off they do) or nasty.

The more detail on what the person from Nine said the better.

I will be attending a meeting with the NRL and Nine in Sydney and the more information I am armed with the better.

I should have added that if you are aware of any other supporters that have received the same sort of treatment can you let them know about this post or let me know please.
Last edited by Stormwarning[c] on Tue May 12, 2009 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Hope you got some responses to your request SW.
Good luck with it all.

No doubt those programmers at Ch.9 will deny everything.
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

CC, have only received two examples from Storm supporters so far... so hoping that those that have voiced their anger over the treatment that Nine of given them.

I've gotten more from the Tigers and Dragon supporters that live in Melbourne

This is a great opportunity for League supporters to have the concerns heard by those that can make a difference in Sydney.

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Did you receive mine?
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Got yours thanks

CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Good.  I just hope other storm supporters get off their backsides and reply to your request.

Problem you are going to have is that not everyone is lucky enough to be connected to the net to see your request.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Sorry mate, having been out of town for 3 years now (shit, is it that long?) it's a bit hard to recall exact conversations.

However, in general I found that the higher up the Channel Nein chain you got the less helpful and more demeaning the response was.
If you got security they were generally sympathatic, and would often say they had had a lot of calls like mine. Reception sounded harrassed, programming would say there was nothing they could do about it or that it didn't rate. Senior programming or the sports department would say there wasn't a big enough audience, to ring the NRL or to be glad that they showed it at all. I got "why don't you follow AFL" at least once.

Hope that's useful, sorry I can't give more detail.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Stormwarning[c] wrote:I need examples, date, and person spoken too (if possible) from those who have rang Channel Nine in Melbourne or Sydney regarding the broadcasting issue.

Especially those that have been treated rudely (not the typical fob off they do) or nasty.
Unfortunately I haven't kept any records, fortunately I've never experienced rudeness from anyone I've spoken to at Nein. I tried to post this earlier but my mobile wouldn't let me and I can't access this website from work.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

SW sent u a pm via my email account and it didn't work...hopefully you will receive a pm via this website and if so, pls. let me know...via this forum.  Ta
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

via.

:lol:
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Meeting is on Tuesday all so anything until then.

CC got your messages thxs and replied.

No probs Surandy

CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Super Cronk wrote: via.

:lol:
Okay, stop stirring ;D :lol: