2009 Nein TV Coverage

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

*LIMA LIMA LIMA DUCK!* it gets even worse!!!

I know I shouldn't expect any better from Nein but an international test match is on next Friday night and what time are they showing the game at? 11pm? 12am? Nope 12:30am!!!

*LIMA LIMA LIMA DUCK!*ing disgraceful!!!

At least Fox Sports are showing this at their usual 11:30pm, I know which I'll be watching.
Last edited by Surandy on Sun May 03, 2009 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Best thing to do on this one is to contact the ARL and the NSWRL

They control the broadcast agreement for Rep footy and their agreement is very different to the NRL's.

Last time this happen they were quick to enforce the agreement.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
singlemalt
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

OK, so the NRL wants to break into the Victorian market, we have a team, the government is throwing in money to get SOO and International matches...

Channel Nein has a contract with the NRL to telecast a certain number of games each week as well as SOO and international games.

So why doesn't the NRL place a contract stipulation that

a) all melbourne Stom games are to be televised in Victoria on the day of the game on no less than x hrs delay

b)all international and SOO matches are telecast into the Victorian market live.

Perhaps it's the NRL we should be pressuring!
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Stormwarning[c] wrote: Best thing to do on this one is to contact the ARL and the NSWRL

They control the broadcast agreement for Rep footy and their agreement is very different to the NRL's.

Could you pls.provide us with a link so we can email them.
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Both the ARL and NSW RL have the same contact details

Phone: 02 9232 7566

Fax: 02 9233 8847

Email: reception@nswrl.com.au

Before sending an email or contacting them, just check the guides again.

It is listed as LIVE into Melbourne, via Channel Nine's TV Guide for postcode 3000.
Other program guides (Foxtel) are showing it different
Last edited by Stormwarning[c] on Mon May 04, 2009 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Stormwarning[c] wrote:It is listed as LIVE into Melbourne, via Channel Nine's TV Guide for postcode 3000.
Don't believe anything on the Channel Nein's TV guide on their website as it is frequently wrong, you type in any postcode outside of Sydney yet it gives you the Sydney viewing times???  :roll:
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

From NineMSN's TVFIX guide

It is listed as LIVE into Melbourne, via Channel Nine's TV Guide for postcode 3000.
The main guide on this page is disfunctional - Regardless of the 'postcode entered it shows the guide for Sydney metro  ???

Changing the postcode on the small,(pink) side guide gives you the correct info  ;-)
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon May 04, 2009 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Stormwarning[c] wrote: Best thing to do on this one is to contact the ARL and the NSWRL

I email via the ARL site.
But then seeing the email contact at the ARL site goes to NSWRL and we all know the state the NSWRL are going through. What hope is there. Gees even the AFL are taking advantage of that market.
This is totally appalling not to show the test match live into Melbourne as it will be into NSW.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Blah, blah, blah, not our fault, it's the broadcaster, refer your complaint on to them, blah, blah, blah.

SW, you sure that number was for ARL and not the NRL? I got the same response from them as I do from Nein and the NRL, every one wants to duckshove the problem onto someone else.

Not only that, now that the NRL Footy Show has won another logie the arseholes at NEIN have realised they have it on too early in Melbourne, wouldn't want anyone seeing THAT, better push it back another 30 minutes!!! Bastards!!!
Last edited by Surandy on Wed May 06, 2009 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Andy, it's the NSWRL & ARL number alright.

Spoke to them yesterday and they said that they had a number of enquiries about it and were looking into why it was so late.

CHITTYCHARGO
Squall
Squall

pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

CHITTYCHARGO wrote: Link for live coverage

http://www.myp2p.eu/competition.php?com ... line=other
Do you have to register.
Does it devastate your monthly download allocation from your internet provider.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Stormwarning[c] wrote: Both the ARL and NSW RL have the same contact details

Phone: 02 9232 7566

Fax: 02 9233 8847

Email: reception@nswrl.com.au

Before sending an email or contacting them, just check the guides again.

Thanks SW..will email them NOW ;D
singlemalt
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

pauliedude wrote:
CHITTYCHARGO wrote: Link for live coverage

http://www.myp2p.eu/competition.php?com ... line=other
Do you have to register.
Does it devastate your monthly download allocation from your internet provider.
No, no registration, just links to live streams on this website  (some streams require 3rd party software install - free) and some are media player streams

If you have a decent download limit then no, but for some ppl, yes. Typical streams may run from 250kbps to 750 kbps

If you want to be watching live sport via the internet you're gonna be tying up bandwidth and using up GB's...
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I KNEW there was a reason I stuck with my slower ADSL - Unlimited access  ;D

And the 'nice man in Bombay' tried to make me 'upgrade' to a much faster service for the same price,(but with a 2 gb a month limit} :twisted:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields