Telegraph Broadcast story

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Crippstor
Squall
Squall

Here are the relevant minister's details

Stephen Conroy

Contact details
Parliamentary office

Suite MG70
Parliament House
Canberra ACT 2600

Tel: 02 6277 7480
Fax: 02 6273 4154
Ministerial office

Level 4, 4 Treasury Place
Melbourne Vic 3002

Tel: 03 9650 1188
Fax: 03 9650 3251
Electorate office

Suite 1B
494 High St
Epping Vic 3076

Tel: 03 9408 0190
Fax: 03 9408 0194
Crippstor - Lord of The Realm
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tigger wrote: I HATE BEING CALLED A FRIGGIN MEXICAN!!!!!! I AM NOT FROM THE USA and I don't care that it's 'just a saying'!!!!
Mexicans come from mexico
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

nacho wrote:
Tigger wrote: I HATE BEING CALLED A FRIGGIN MEXICAN!!!!!! I AM NOT FROM THE USA and I don't care that it's 'just a saying'!!!!
Mexicans come from mexico
Ya think?!?!
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
CHITTYCHARGO
Squall
Squall

Keyboard lesson last week,Geography lesson this week.I do believe we have a future teacher.Do you drink plenty of coffee and whinge about your pocket money
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Crippstor wrote: Here are the relevant minister's details

Stephen Conroy

Contact details
Parliamentary office

Suite MG70
Parliament House
Canberra ACT 2600

Ministerial office

Melbourne Vic 3002

Electorate office

Suite 1B
494 High St
Epping Vic 3076

The information is good but they wont do anything....there were changes to the legislation a couple of years ago and unless there is a Senate enquiry (which is what both sides always do when media broadcasting issue is coming up) nothing will change.

There is only one way for this to change and that is the NRL ensuring that the agreement states that the games have to be shown in all markets at a 'family friendly' time. If this doesn't take place then we will be stuck with the same old S H I T E. Channel Nine gets away with it due to the contract that the NRL wrote and signed with them.

The blame lines only with one organisation....THE NRL.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Anyone watch the nine game?

Only one 'adult' ad for the whole game.

One thing good come out of this now we just need to change to the times or the NRL to ensure the new agreement is Melbourne friendly

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
AAS
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

The article and this thread smells like bias peice of crap.

What the lima lima lima duck has Sex Ads got to do with a rugby league broadcast? Obviously Josh Massoud and this Simon Hilditch it has a line

If you know it has sex ads then lima lima lima duck fast foward the program

If you had kids there, don't leave the tv so you can fast forward the sex ads

If the Article Smell like Shit, The article look like Shit well it must be ....
DEAR STORMWARING(C), PLEASE LEAVE!!!

THANKS FROM THE AASHOLE OF THE BAI STAND
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

AAS - you are kidding right?  This is just another part of the reason the coverage we get down here is a joke.  I don't believe it's the main issue, and I don't think that's the point of the article, but it does mean that it limits kids watching these games - and this is where our new support is going to come from.  Kids might be interested and their parents not at this stage, so that will mean if a parent doesn't want to watch the game, the kid can't by your logic, and that is a potential fan and future member blocked from viewing the game
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

AAS wrote: The article and this thread smells like bias peice of crap.

What the *LIMA LIMA LIMA DUCK!* has Sex Ads got to do with a rugby league broadcast? Obviously Josh Massoud and this Simon Hilditch it has a line

If you know it has sex ads then *LIMA LIMA LIMA DUCK!*ing fast foward the program

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, it's awoken from its sleep,  nup not much happen here, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

AAS wrote: The article and this thread smells like bias peice of crap.

What the *LIMA LIMA LIMA DUCK!* has Sex Ads got to do with a rugby league broadcast? Obviously Josh Massoud and this Simon Hilditch it has a line

If you know it has sex ads then *LIMA LIMA LIMA DUCK!*ing fast foward the program

FFS

I actually thought it was a good article for a number of reasons;

- it got Rugby League into the Melbourne media without the negative publicity which has surrounded it lately, drunken manly rapists and bitch slappers for example

- it cleverly raised the issue of Nein's lack of respect for the Storm and Melbourne rugby league fans both locally and interstate (where it has attracted quite a bit of attention)

- it has brought the issue of late broadcasts to the attention of the NRL in a different format which they may feel required to address

- the ads are a problem, and not suitable for family viewing. A parent should be able to leave a tape of last night's footy running for the kids to watch without having to be there as a censor.

I wish you'd get over your pathological need to gainsay anything Stormwarning says.

If you look like an Image and behave like an Ass, you probably are....
Last edited by TC on Sat May 02, 2009 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
AAS
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

steaming stormer wrote: AAS - you are kidding right?  This is just another part of the reason the coverage we get down here is a joke.  I don't believe it's the main issue, and I don't think that's the point of the article, but it does mean that it limits kids watching these games - and this is where our new support is going to come from.  Kids might be interested and their parents not at this stage, so that will mean if a parent doesn't want to watch the game, the kid can't by your logic, and that is a potential fan and future member blocked from viewing the game
If you know it is on at Midnight and you know there are Sex Ads on. you would not leave you kid infront of the telly and watch the game. I am not saying that we are all bad parents but what i am saying is that it is up to Parential to block what the kids watch. It sounded like Channel 9 is at fault and it is not 100% at fault here.

I am all for the moving the game earlier but this is just the wrong way and it is a bad way of doing it.

AAS
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

TC wrote: - it got Rugby League into the Melbourne media without the negative publicity which has surrounded it lately, drunken manly rapists and bitch slappers for example
I argee with you there
TC wrote: - it cleverly raised the issue of Nein's lack of respect for the Storm and Melbourne rugby league fans both locally and interstate (where it has attracted quite a bit of attention)
I argee with you there
TC wrote: - it has brought the issue of late broadcasts to the attention of the NRL in a different format which they may feel required to address
We have been doing that since 1998 but argee with you there
TC wrote: - the ads are a problem, and not suitable for family viewing. A parent should be able to leave a tape of last night's footy running for the kids to watch without having to be there as a censor.
I disargee with you there. If a parent know that it is has sex ads then it is the responisblity of the parent to fast forward the sex ads. Family viewing is Prime time. Rugby League broadcast on a Friday night is not prime time(Even thou I think it should be moved earlier timeslot_.

Part of the responsability of parent with the broadcast is not to plonk kids infront of the TV and let them be if you know that your there are 1902 numbers ads

C'mon Tv is not a babysitting tool
TC wrote: I wish you'd get over your pathological need to gainsay anything Stormwarning says.

If you look like an Image and behave like an Ass, you probably are....
I am going to ignore the last comment TC and quite frankly it has nothing to do with Stormwarning. I am in Disargeence with the Article.

steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

But it shouldn't even be a factor in whether or not a child can watch a game of football - that's the point here surely
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
AAS
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Crippstor wrote: Here are the relevant minister's details

Stephen Conroy

Contact details
Parliamentary office

Suite MG70
Parliament House
Canberra ACT 2600

Ministerial office

Melbourne Vic 3002

Electorate office

Suite 1B
494 High St
Epping Vic 3076

http://www.freetv.com.au/ is where you should go if you have a complaint

AAS
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

steaming stormer wrote: But it shouldn't even be a factor in whether or not a child can watch a game of football - that's the point here surely
Children can watch the game but the article was giving the boot to Channel 9 for the sex ads during the broadcast. Channel Nien are not 100% to blame for this and that what this article is making out to be.

The onus need to goto the parents as well