STORM V BRONCOS LIVE INTO MELBOURNE

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Corusant wrote: Yup agreed, apart from his try I reckon Proctor had a good one, worked hard.
storm_rhinos wrote: irrespective of the ref i thought the game was awesome, we finaly clicked in the 2nd half and though i hate losing i think we will learn a lot from this.
Both true. Kev learned alot from last week and was very good tonight (had him as my cheap option in fox's fantasy league)

I was very worried about our center defence before the season started if GI wasnt lining up there and tonight showed why. Isa isnt ready to play center, and truth be told might be a better winger long-term.

We were alot better in the 2nd hal and bellamy has to seriously start considering 5/8 options now. If he doesnt want Maloney maybe he should look to Dane Chisholm, would be a huge call, but if he does it early it may be ok.

Adam Blair was again our best and is fast becoming a top 3 prop in the game. As said before Proc was good and Will Chambers showed how classy he is and what a loss he is goign to be next year (let no-one speak ill of him again).
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

OH get over it people.......we lost

The best thing to come out of tonight is the Courier Mail with the headline (already).......STORM BATTERED.

Did I not see a match that only had 2 points difference and was a HOME game for the Broncos?

I know Queensland is in a deep crappa at the moment add the election tomorrow, but please, the only thing to come out of the game tonight was Brisbane don't have a great deal this year without Issy and Lockyer.

As I have said to others, with a 7 win ratio by round 11 will be very pleasing for us.....and puts us in the right position for the rest of the year.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

good to see Billy recover from last weeks problems

Inglis was too quiet - hardly surprising being on defense all 1st half

Cam, Coops were excellent

Isa...needs to step up and concentrate

proctor stood out over tolman but both solid

Hinchcliffe could be the answer, very clever, but do you play him hooker or 5/8th?

Thought Hoffy had his best game in a while and some excellent hit ups around the edges

Zappa...awesome tackle but is he just too small for the fst game we now have?
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i find it odd how no one has commented on turners lack of presence and awareness when he runs the ball, hes fast but he runs back into the play instead of avoiding defenders

when coops kicked to turner out on the wing he was 20m from anyone! and what does he do, he turns left and runs into 3 defenders, hes got rocks in his head if he keeps going that, its just stupid. just think , if he would have done what anyone else would have done, and run away from the defence, we may have  even won!
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Stormwarning[c] wrote: OH get over it people.......we lost
Oh, OK... if you say so boss... :roll:
AAS
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Stormwarning[c] wrote: OH get over it people.......we lost

I am over it. I am over the robin hood type theviery by the refs.  YES, PLEASE PLAY WHEEL OF FORTUNE

WE WERE RO__ED

Insert letters
DEAR STORMWARING(C), PLEASE LEAVE!!!

THANKS FROM THE AASHOLE OF THE BAI STAND
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Hmm..robbed....rooted....all the same in the end
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm happy to comment on how bad QUINN is.

Zappa had to come in due to the sliding defense time and time again and when the high ball came was on his own.

Quinn on the other hand did squat and cost us two tries........another Hill if ever I have seen one.....

Zappa is to small and may be, just made be, needs to look at the number 6 position for give the game away.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

i guess least he knew which was to play the ball this week...
gothestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Does anyone know why Isa kept slipping over. What sort of boots did he have on?

Also the most disappointing thing about that Wallace try was that even a hint of a knock on is always called - in fact a lot of the time a ball actually goes back yet they still call it a knock on, yet this one went clearly forward and nothing was called.

Frustrating.
Last edited by gothestorm on Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corusant
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I'm still trying to work out how that wasn't called a knock on, I just can't believe it!

gothestorm wrote: Does anyone know why Isa kept slipping over. What sort of boots did he have on?

Also the most disappointing thing about that Wallace try was that even a hint of a knock on is always called - in fact a lot of the time a ball actually goes back yet they still call it a knock on, yet this one went clearly forward and nothing was called.

Frustrating.
Monsoon
Monsoon

heres how i summed up the game

1-7 - crap
8 - 17 very good
ref - very average

if our backs continue to play like that were in big trouble this year, but i was really happy with our forwards, great go forward and will only be better with manu and white back in, but 1-7 hang ur heads in shame, pitiful.. maybe cronk afew extra points for effort but jeez even he was average. i think brisbane just wanted it more
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Four officials on the field. One in the box. All managed to make up a raised forearm as a penalty and report (Marcus Bai victim of this years ago, and suspended).

And yet not one had the balls to make a decision about a bleeding obvious knock on?

This two ref system has to stop. The refs believe they can make calls now accurately, and if anything the last two weeks have proven - the don't have a clue. Refs not sure who should make the calls, one making a call, the other contradicting, refs on the same side of the field, blatant tackle from MNF not going to video.

There are too many instances where these dweebs actually think they must have it right. In maths, two negatives might make a positive, but in Rugby League, two negatives makes for a poor spectacle.

Yes we lost the game. By two points. This is clearly an instance where we know that inaction on the play the ball led directly to a try.

I'm sure that in the AFL, this decision would be taken to the AFL Commission for the game result to be overturned. Oh to have a competant sporting body.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Can someone please tell me what it takes for Slater to get a penalty when he CONSTANTLY get's taken out when chasing kicks? It happens practically every game yet almost never do we get a penalty in our favour, eg tonight with the GI no try. Fair enough it was a no try but why the lima lima lima duck wasn't that a penalty in our favour for Slater getting interfered with?

$50 says Hodges isn't cited by the Match Review Committee for his unnecessary contact with the head. lima lima lima duck cat!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Oh, and for next week. Yoohoo Bellamy, have Hinchcliff start at hooker with Smithy at  5/8th, we by far looked most dangerous tonight with that combination!