trial vs broncos

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

for anyone who cares the tunderbolts won as well  ;D

not sure of the score so if anyone does know it let us all know  ;-)
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
Fampa
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I spoke to Quinny after the game.  His sitting out the match was precautionary and he will be right for round 1.  Cam had a corked knee in the second half so didn't play much, but he was fine after the game.
*Champagne football*
Didgi
Squall
Squall

Is this the last round of trials?

*Edit* For anyone who cares apart from me, Cowboys and the Panthers fought out a draw at Barlow park in Cairns last night. 18 all

And Melbourne Victory won 1 - 0 in the A League GF.
Last edited by Didgi on Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[color=#0000FF]COW[/color][color=#FFFF40]BOYS[/color]
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Thanks to all for reports on the game, photos at training, etc. :D
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Surandy wrote: A lot in NSW are writing us off coz of our loss of players,
Seem to remember the same thing happening at the end of 2006 and beginning of 2007 :)
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Thunderbolts won 50 - 10 looks like they are gonna have a good yr
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

With targets now painted on the jerseys of Manly having Storm 'fly under the radar' will be refreshing,though I doubt many teams will get taken in for long.
I look forward to the W factor & some expansive play catching a few.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Story in Telegraph rates Manly as one of the best ever! Record Grand final win and a WCC win is all you need to be one of the best :o
Our 2007 side won more games in a season than any other club in more than 3 decades! What a joke
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

no doubt manly played well last year and will continue to do so...wouldnt say one of the best teams ever tho.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

High kicks to Issy only stopped working when the referee's decided they weren't going to penalise blocking any more.
[quote="Buzz"]
I really have to say that the only way that Boofa played at that kick from Orford was if he cracked a fat.
[/quote]

[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/KimmorleyKiller/TheT
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

bula wrote: Story in Telegraph rates Manly as one of the best ever! Record Grand final win and a WCC win is all you need to be one of the best :o
Our 2007 side won more games in a season than any other club in more than 3 decades! What a joke
What a load of sh*t.

lets be honest they caught us at the best possible time in the GF. Not sour grapes, not bad sportsmanship, thats just a cold hard fact. We couldve played a other 10 times and they would be doing well to win 4 games, all things being equal.
Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

let the media keep pumping their tyres up,

See how they deal with the expectation.

I'm tipping the warriors to be the surprise packet this year, not saying they will go all the way yet , but top 4 they are very capable of

they sneaked up on everybody last year, and have added more strength to their squad this season.

On paper they look very strong,and have good depth,  but with the RL media being only interested in teams in NSW, nobody has mentioned them.
Go the Allblacks, Richmond , and the mighty Storm
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

KimmorleyKiller wrote: High kicks to Issy only stopped working when the referee's decided they weren't going to penalise blocking any more.
Exactly, on Grand Final day they were virtually tackling him before he could jump!
Play the ball wrote: let the media keep pumping their tyres up,

See how they deal with the expectation.

I'm tipping the warriors to be the surprise packet this year, not saying they will go all the way yet , but top 4 they are very capable of

they sneaked up on everybody last year, and have added more strength to their squad this season.

On paper they look very strong,and have good depth,  but with the RL media being only interested in teams in NSW, nobody has mentioned them.
At first I did rate them but Im having doubts now, I think they will be stronger but they will still have that 1 or 2 bad games in them every now and then.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

KimmorleyKiller wrote: High kicks to Issy only stopped working when the referee's decided they weren't going to penalise blocking any more.
Thing is though Issy hardly scored a try the last 2/3rds of the season from high-kicks for that reason. So its shame on us, not the refs, that we kept trying it looooooooong after all the other teams had worked it out.

Oh well by-gones, Broncos problem now. My theory is though that if you want it to come off more often then not you have to try it early in the tackle count or when a team doesnt have Issys side stacked with defenders.

Personally I prefererd our 06 tactic of shorter chip kicks for Kingy and GI.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

I think Storm are going to miss Jeremy Smith and Crocker who was our good luck charm.

King was a huge loss for us as well...hope his wrist gets better soon.

My pick for the g/f if Storm don't make it is manly vs warriors, with hopefully warriors winning it...couldn't stand seeing manly holding that trophy again ;D