Trial v Knights ?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
richard2007
Squall
Squall

It was a good day with the family day b4 the match ( not for all the cut grass flying around )
all the kids had a ball of a time
and the woman loved it when bills shots were pulled down to show of hirs undies for all to see
Last edited by richard2007 on Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SeeYaSlater!
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Hey, again, thanks heaps for the updates. Could you tell me how Joseph Tomane went, we are friend of his parents and they couldnt see the game unfortuantely. Cheers heaps
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Tomane had a pretty good game from what I saw of him. Played most of the game in the centres.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nacho wrote: willie isa looks alot like israel when he plays, good stong defender, lots of pace and a good jump. hope to see more of him in the season
Please dont compare him to Issy. We must of been watching a different game. Isa got his 2 tries laid on a platter to him by GI but apart from that was woeful. In the 2nd half the Knights continually made breaks down his side thanks to his poor defensive reads. That headline from foxsports is journalism at its laziest, "Willie Isa scored two tries, he must if starred".
SeeYaSlater! wrote: Hey, again, thanks heaps for the updates. Could you tell me how Joseph Tomane went, we are friend of his parents and they couldnt see the game unfortuantely. Cheers heaps
Joe went OK, didnt really get much good ball, they seemed to go left alot, but his defence was. Still dont think he's quite ready for the full-time center spot just yet. Some time on the wing in 1st grade will serve him good.

The players that really impressed me.

GI- Looked awesome, for those that havent seen him this year yet, you will be shocked by how big he looks now. Even besides the forwards now he looks massive. His first tackle of the game was enormous. Love the fro.
Adam Blair -  All heart and alot of skill. He was doign what we all want to see i.e. offloading the ball.
Kevin Proctor - Very,very nice signs from Kev. Was a handful for the knights when he carted the ball up. Really staked his claim for a bench spot.
James Maloney - Moreso when he had the better players around him. I'll keep saying it, were best served this year with him at half and Cooper at 5/8.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Great to hear, cant wait for the videos.
GI was in the telegraph yesterday (SAT) and mentioned he is now 106 kgs!!!!!

One question, was it the same old storm or has anything changed apart from the players?
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

bula wrote: Great to hear, cant wait for the videos.

One question, was it the same old storm or has anything changed apart from the players?
its not the same storm with another hooker, for me it was heaps different with out cam leading the way
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

bula wrote: Great to hear, cant wait for the videos.

Well in the first half when we had the better players out there we were offloading in tackles with the forwards supporting each other, Blairy in particualr was doig this,  and we hardly put a cross field kick in.

All in all I was very happy with the style of football we played.

If last night was any indication teams will find GI a handful this year. To use a basketball analogy, if you double team him he'll find the open man (see all the tries down our left side) if you leave him one-on-one, he'll be to big and fast. And he absolutely smashed  guys in a few tackles.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Blair will most probably step up big time this season.
So far so good.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
Didgi
Squall
Squall

What I am hearing so far is all good for a Storm point of view, I think Bellyache will pull out his usual trick of turning those talented kids into 1st graders.

Melbourne has a special atmosphere because in any other city the mass media would quickly jump on any young player with potential, whereas I think in Melbourne they show it how it is.
[color=#0000FF]COW[/color][color=#FFFF40]BOYS[/color]
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

ive lost the software for the camera , but as soon as i find it ill upload vids. shouldnt be too long
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
On The Hill
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Isa a good strong defender like Issy??? Sorry, I must have been watching another guy playing in the centres last 2 years. Hi later movement in defence is terrible and as great as he is a strong defender he is not imo. Can't wait to see GI mark up on him and we send all our traffic at him.

Thought Isa did a good job but he did have tries put on a plate for him. Liked Maloney's game too. The Blair/Lima front row pairing appeals to me more than White/Lima also.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

in all fairness a player can change alot in 2 years mate.

i didnt see the trial so can comment on how he went..but judging a young player on his performace over the past 2 years doesnt give you a real good gauge of where he is at now or the amount of potential he has. He is only young and can improve..and what better coach to help him improve then bellyache.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Super Cronk wrote: in all fairness a player can change alot in 2 years mate.

i didnt see the trial so can comment on how he went..but judging a young player on his performace over the past 2 years doesnt give you a real good gauge of where he is at now or the amount of potential he has. He is only young and can improve..and what better coach to help him improve then bellyache.
Mate, it sounds like On The Hill was questioning Issy being labelled a strong defender, not Isa.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

oops. your right mate.

i apologise on the hill i didnt read your post properly.

doh. :D
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I read it the same the first time - well picked up Surandy!!!
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]